AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-15, 21:12   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Penguin Drum - Requests for new threads

Since the Mawaru Penguin Drum forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Mawaru Penguin Drum thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2011-09-17, 08:47   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is it too early for a Sanetoshi character thread?
Old 2011-09-17, 18:59   Link #3
Spoonroo

A character thread for Yuri Tokikago would be awesome!
Old 2011-09-18, 07:00   Link #4
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
A thread for Masako Natsume would be nice.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-09-18, 07:03   Link #5
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, I second character threads for Sanetoshi, Yuri Tokikago, and Masako Natsume.

At the very least, we've seen enough of Yuri and Masako to be able to talk about them on their own character threads.
Old 2011-10-13, 14:46   Link #6
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Could we have a thread for episode 14 please?
Old 2011-10-22, 09:18   Link #7
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is it too early for a Sanetoshi character thread?
me too was looking for a character thread about Sanetoshi Watase
Old 2011-10-22, 15:59   Link #8
Dr. Casey

While we're on a character thread kick, I'd recommend a discussion thread about Momoka.
Old 2011-10-23, 17:10   Link #9
Romanticide

Could we have a thread about Princess of the Crystal? Talking about her in the Himari thread is weird since they aren't the same person.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:42   Link #10
VictorVV

Could we have a thread about Keiju Tabuki please ?

Last edited by VictorVV; 2011-11-05 at 18:44.
Old 2011-11-27, 11:35   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
1: Can we have a thread dedicated to to discussing the symbolism?

Especially the unchosen vs chosen imagery from this latest episode. Apples, and penguins, and what else.

2: I'd also like to have a thread discussing how Penguindrum fits in to the history of anime. Specifically it's relation to this discussion about anime and Aum (since Penguindrum deliberately is addressing Aum):

Quote:
Toshio Okada: Otaku are bashful. They are intelligent but so bashful that they're more comfortable with children's anime than regular movies. They can shed their reserve if a serious idea is filtered through a "Made for Children" label ... At any rate, I have never seen an orientation towards the unacceptable among otaku. ... Well, then, do you mean from the mid- to late 1970s, things got progressively more unacceptable from Yamato to Gundam, and then Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind? I don't think so. An inclination for dame appears to exist because otaku have shifted to bishojo these past few years. Within this limited context, you may have a point, but veteran otaku have to disagree.

Kaichiro Morikawa: Generally speaking, I see a downward spiral. Aum Shinrikyo was influenced by Genma Wars. In the 1980s, otaku dreamt of Armageddon; they fantasized about employing supernatural powers to create a new world after the end of the world. But Aum's subway attack in 1995 thoroughly shattered the post-apocalyptic otaku dream of creating a new world in which they would become heroes. After their apocalyptic fantasies collapsed, they steadily shifted to moe. Before their Armageddon obsession, there was science fiction, which provided otaku with an alternative to the actual future. In the broadest terms, moe has replaced 'future.'
Quote:
Kaichiro Morikawa: As I said before, the 1980s-era fascination with the apocalyptic was shattered by Aum. I think moe emerged as an alternative, to fill the void.

Toshio Okada: I see. To me, Eva was all about "Since I can't do anything about changing the world, I will do something about myself." Don't you think "robot anime" is all about "trying to change the world"? Morikawa-san, you talked about the apocalyptic. One step before that is "social reform" (yo-naoshi). One of the key concepts for understanding otaku is "a child's sense of justice." The reason grown-ups are enthusiastic about Kamen Rider and the "warrior team" genre (sentai mono) is because that basic sense of justice, which we abandoned in society a long time ago, is still meaningful in the world of these TV shows. Of course, there's also the terrific monster designs and pan-chira [the fleeting display of girls' panties], but that's not enough to keep the boys interested. That basic sense of justice worked until Eva. But with Eva, it became clear that no one could save the world. And Eva complicated the whole thing, raising issues such as "Maybe I should at least save myself" and "What's wrong with me, thinking only about saving myself?" Eva marked a turning point. Whatever we discuss today, we cannot avoid Eva.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-12-01, 15:07   Link #12
Kazu-kun

Can we have a thread for episode 21, please?
Old 2011-12-23, 14:58   Link #13
Kirarakim

I know we should be getting the overall series impression thread but could we also possibly have a favorite character thread with a poll? Thanks!
Old 2011-12-23, 23:29   Link #14
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Look for both by next Thursday.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:34   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
1: Can we have a thread dedicated to to discussing the symbolism?

Especially the unchosen vs chosen imagery from this latest episode. Apples, and penguins, and what else.

2: I'd also like to have a thread discussing how Penguindrum fits in to the history of anime. Specifically it's relation to this discussion about anime and Aum (since Penguindrum deliberately is addressing Aum):
Given that we accidentally missed the boat in considering creating these threads when they were first requested, and it's now more than two months later, we consider the request to be dead now. But if someone still wishes for these threads, please post a suitable opening post that clearly sets out the topic and sets the stage for the discussion, and the requests will be considered again.