AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-29, 20:59   Link #1021
Tenzen12

I don't think there was any intentional Death flags this time around. It's just heartwarming calm before the storm. Even with dobermans wiped out this isn't show that would be kill cast in gundam manner. Only people I can see be in danger right now is Simon or Daneel. Team Bunnies will be fine.

Especialy as possibility for second season is seriously considered.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 23:18   Link #1022
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think there was any intentional Death flags this time around. It's just heartwarming calm before the storm. Even with dobermans wiped out this isn't show that would be kill cast in gundam manner. Only people I can see be in danger right now is Simon or Daneel. Team Bunnies will be fine.

Especialy as possibility for second season is seriously considered.
What about Teoria? She asked Daneel to protect Rabbits instead of her. Agreed about the death flags. I can't see this series actually doing something awful to the Rabbits.

Looks like lots of fighting next week. Can't wait!
Old 2013-08-29, 23:32   Link #1023
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I have had this suspicion for a while but...

Spoiler for simon and izuru speculation:

Kindve out there but the secrecy concerning Simon has felt odd to me.
You took that straight out of Gundam SEED, didn't you?

*looks at MJP art*

...oh snap.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:05   Link #1024
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

*looks at MJP art*

...oh snap.
where was that in Gundam Seed?
Old 2013-08-30, 02:40   Link #1025
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
What about Teoria? She asked Daneel to protect Rabbits instead of her. Agreed about the death flags. I can't see this series actually doing something awful to the Rabbits.

Looks like lots of fighting next week. Can't wait!
Ok I guess Teoria might count too.
Old 2013-08-30, 03:07   Link #1026
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
where was that in Gundam Seed?
Excluding the time travel theories, that pretty much described the relationship and set-up between Mwu la Flaga and Ra.
Old 2013-08-30, 04:12   Link #1027
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm still watching MJP, but it continues to underwhelm me the majority of the time. For a 2-cour show, it has a glacial pacing, and awkward character interactions.

Tamaki has a bust size that goes beyond fanservice IMHO and into the cancerous wtfiswrongwithyou area. It doesn't help that they also made her a total airhead that is also useless in battle. They still also haven't had Asagi do much of a proper wingman strategy with Izuru. Izuru just goes off on his own to be "Mr Awesome MC" while Asagi does something close to nothing against fodder all the time. With Kei at least its understandable, since it's hard to write intricate planning/strategy for your intel/signals person ... but there has been a few scenes at least.

And the whole Wulgaru wanting needing genes or their species will die out thing is kinda dumb IMHO. For a society that values strength and combat, they sure have a lot of useless people on their council too...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 06:14   Link #1028
Tenzen12

Just cause it doesn't fit your tastes, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Personaly I find it's leisure pacing very nice. And it was clear from very first episode it will go this way.

Same goes with characterisation that avoid unecessary melodrame and makes good background for story. I never found that akward.

Vulgaru HAD lot of (arguably) Useless people in council. And as you could see incompetence is equal of death, which perfectly fit Vulgaru culture.

And for Tamaki, yes her bust is bad joke, still she doesn't have bad results in battle, same goes for other teamates. I recommend rewatch show.
Old 2013-08-30, 07:36   Link #1029
Tchadnis

i also don't see anything bad with the characters .. Izuru want to be a hero he act all hero like , going ahead to fight and protect his friends from harm, Asagi for a long time thought he was better then anyone and now start to see he isn't he learned from his weakness, Suruga is just a gun freak when it come to shooting he does his part , you cant expect him to just run into melee and fight like Asagi and Izuru do, Kei is the pillar of the team she issues order from afar and watch enemy and give out battle order and Tamaki is Tamaki , she is the goofy , yet heart warming koneko-chan , the way she fight , in a crazy way just fit her personality .. i dont see anything bad about it , compared to Heroic Age where Age basically did it all , those guys are capable of pulling some stuff up ... oh and yeah about Ange , ange is just a crazy battle maniac with two personality lol
Old 2013-08-30, 07:46   Link #1030
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
For a society that values strength and combat, they sure have a lot of useless people on their council too...
I’m kinda curious. Can you mention the “a lot of” people from the council that you think are useless and what kind of deeds that earn them the “useless” moniker you bestowed upon?
Old 2013-08-30, 10:24   Link #1031
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I'm still watching MJP, but it continues to underwhelm me the majority of the time. For a 2-cour show, it has a glacial pacing, and awkward character interactions.
It reminds me of 90s era mech anime, actually. Plot first three episodes, filler in-between, stuff happen in the last leg. And I'm fine with that. But yeah compared to the way most mechs are handled nowadays, MJP pales in comparison. And I do like the characters very much. They might seem a bit "shallow" because they don't really have traits that stand out, but I find them sort of rounded. And consistent, I suppose.

I have to say though, seriously, its mech fights are leagues away from most mech shows though. I feel like it really upped the ante on mech fights with its choreography and... I guess there's more contact between mechs here than any of the shows I've seen before which rely heavily on sniping/beamspamming/and just plain maneuvering around each other.
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 13:31   Link #1032
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm not a huge fan, but I don't hate it either.

anyway, I didn't know that huge steel jellyfish had that kind of function, I should've suspected it before, and even when it was being evacuated, but I thought that thing was just a space station. How come simon knows almost every advanced tech on this show? and he isn't even a wulgaru, is it just because he's the one who found teoria? It would even seem that GDF command doesn't know how to operate that thing, and they're content to let simon operate it all by himself.

looks like we're having fight scenes till the end
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 19:32   Link #1033
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

*looks at MJP art*

...oh snap.
I think you mean Nadesico
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:23   Link #1034
outlaw97

Looks like we're getting a Rin beach queen figure soon - Randy must be smiling right now

http://mjp-anime.jp/18other/index.html
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:57   Link #1035
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Oh yeah, there was that plot with Nadesico. Come to think of it, the way MJP flows really reminds me of Nadesico too. A lot of the in-between were fillers with nuggest of character development and then things began rolling later on...
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 21:40   Link #1036
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm not surprised, people have been stealing ideas from one another for centuries.
Old 2013-08-30, 22:18   Link #1037
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
completely forgot about that series. good series but i wasn't really thinking about it at the time. Though i do admit the plot is identical.
Old 2013-08-30, 22:59   Link #1038
ReddyRedWolf

It occrs to everybody evacuated Star Rose except for the squid.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 11:23   Link #1039
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

yea sure, there's a gate, but so far there's no indication of that gate being used as a time travel mechanism, quite unlike in nadesico where it was established earlier on that the tulips caused at least 1 ship to go back in time, and they're being controlled by the ruins.

if we're talking about the doctor though, then that's another story. I knew earlier on, when inez first came on board and recognized akito, that she was ai-chan from the time he jumped. who knows? maybe simon is asagi from the future, seeing that izuru's condition won't permit him to last much longer, although that would cause many many paradoxes than I could think of, so it is highly unlikely.

hohoho offtopic, but I just saw nadesico 2 days ago
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 11:46   Link #1040
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
yea sure, there's a gate, but so far there's no indication of that gate being used as a time travel mechanism, quite unlike in nadesico where it was established earlier on that the tulips caused at least 1 ship to go back in time, and they're being controlled by the ruins.

if we're talking about the doctor though, then that's another story. I knew earlier on, when inez first came on board and recognized akito, that she was ai-chan from the time he jumped. who knows? maybe simon is asagi from the future, seeing that izuru's condition won't permit him to last much longer, although that would cause many many paradoxes than I could think of, so it is highly unlikely.

hohoho offtopic, but I just saw nadesico 2 days ago
we don't have any indication of what the gates are fully capable of. We only just knew that they existed until recently. We've never even seen anyone use it. so it's not necessarily impossible if it goes out of control.

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction