AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 6 17.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 45.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-30, 10:55   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Little Busters ~Refrain~ ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2014-01-02, 10:55   Link #2
silvercover
Romance Expert

I say that while the series ended up well and brought up in quality overtime, there were just some things that didnt stir well for me.

as some will say, it took quite a long time for it to get to the main course as well as being a bit dry on those. but I could forgive that, since it did help getting to know the girls before they disappeared and the stories for them were decent.

my main problem though, ironically, came from the romance. primarily the rikiXrin romance. they actually sort of did well with kuruguya's short romance with riki, and the others did have sweet moments with him. for rin however, I feel like it could have been dropped entirely and the show would end up the same, or it could have been done better.
the development id honestly say, was sort of forced. for rin, who never really knew or was interested in love, as well as riki who was either too nice to go there or was also uninterested, having them go together wasnt really expected(except for childhood friend shippers and people who played the VN) and felt like it came from out of left field.
how they came to get close stumped and bugged me, basically riki got "forced" to it with all the teases he got in 1 episode, and rin goes with it without question and with no understanding.

sure we got revealed later as riki noticed how they werent a proper couple and that rin would need to understand love before she could decide. it would have been good, if these 2 didnt kept on being pushed to each other.
basically this is one of those where I feel the "strangled by the red string of fate" trope. riki and rin barely showed any interest going past friendship then suddenly they're relationship is upgraded. then even when it was revealed how weak it was, rin pretty much had no other person to even test her feelings, when it could be that she's just equating friendship = love.

so anyway, I give the score 8/10. pretty enjoyable minus that detail. if you shipped them beforehand already, it would be more of an additional point than a minus. good for you I guess.

Last edited by silvercover; 2014-01-02 at 11:06. Reason: wrong character
Old 2014-01-04, 00:01   Link #3
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
(Darth Vader voice) I find the lack of posts in this topic, disturbing.

Ahem.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the first season at all. Thank goodness Little Busters! Refrain was such a big improvement. More thoughts below...
Spoiler for Length:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2014-01-04, 20:12   Link #4
ChampDream
Alive

I give it a 9 out a 10, it was more emotional then the first season and really like the development they did with Riki and Rin, also the music was really great.
Old 2014-01-05, 08:34   Link #5
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I give it a 9 out a 10, it was more emotional then the first season and really like the development they did with Riki and Rin, also the music was really great.
True.

If only they could make season 1 better then my rating will be 10.

I am definitely watching the next season.
Old 2014-01-13, 09:28   Link #6
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

This show deserves a full rating/review from me since surpassed my expectation so, much, at the end of S1, there was no way I thought I would view Refrain in higher regard than Clannad/AS, and yet I claim it to be my favorite key series now, which is impressive since I love Clannad a lot.

Animation Quality: 8.5, compared to the 1st season of LB it felt JC really stepped up their game on the animation, still not perfect, but very good.

Voice Actors: 9, very solid thru out the series and really displayed emotions properly when ever was needed.

Script: 8.5, I really like how much we shown about every character, I felt like all of the members of the Little Busters were very well fleshed out characters by the end, the really showing themes of overcoming hardship, and friendship, the dedication the original 5 Little Busters had to each other was amazingly shown, and well portrait at the lengths they'd go to for each other. Of course I have to mention the struggles and risk Rin and Riki had to choose take to earn their happy ending a major factor in making it the best written ending to a key series to date for me. The weaker Yuiko arc at the start is the only reason for the rating not being a 10 for me.

Soundtrack: 10, I think Akito Kinomoto said it really well, the 1st season was very strong on the music and timing, and refrain kept that and even better, and the real stand out from the OST is definitely Song for Friends as an absolutely beautiful piece that is used at excellent timing in the series.

Enjoyment/Emotional Involvement: 24/10 (relative scale to how I put it on clannad ) Since the series got me more emotional involved than any other anime to date, and got me to cry multiple times, and feel overjoyed that Rin and Riki were able to earn their happy ending. So I really enjoyed Refrain's story and experience, and honestly made me appreciate the first season more since prior to Refrain, I considered it "good" but nothing special either.

Overall: 10, to no surprise since for it to surpass Clannad to me, I don't think I could justify giving it any other rating. Placing it currently as my 4th favorite series of all time.

Spoiler for Lastly My one thing I want from the EX OVAs:
MAL
Old 2014-01-26, 03:12   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Animation Quality: 9
not the best J.C. Staff animation.... but it's okay!!! I still prefer Clannad's art but it's totally okay for Little Busters

Voice Actors: 9.5
I don't really like Riki's VA.... but the others are perfect!!! awesome!

Script: 11
all the characters are developed well... everyone changed at the end
a warm beginning, tense climax, glittering ending
PERFECT!

Soundtrack: 10
it's little boring because they used same soundtracks for most of the scenes *it's kind of building a trademark*
but since the soundtrack is good, I can't complain anything about it

Enjoyment: 10
it's a lonely sunday without Little Busters!
especially Refrain... although it's changed so much than previous season, I love Refrain so much
thanks for an enjoyable season

Emotional Involvement: 10
Key is at their best!!! I believe if I don't get spoiled, I'll for sure crying and bawling at several last episodes...

OVERALL : 10
Closed Thread