Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-19, 12:26   Link #1
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Narutaru ending *SPOILERS*

Hey, i just finished watching Narutaru and i loved the last few eps they were soo good, but also kinda sick and stuff. I was wondering whether anyone can explain to me what happened...coz i understand the fact that they killed Hiro chan who controlled that big beast thingy...so when she died it stopped doing what it was doing which in turn saved Shiina chans dad....but at the end who was that that ran up to Shiina chan...it kinda sounded like Hiro chan but im not sure lol kinda confused. O yeah i dont understand why there was that Otohime person who had those weird markings...she showed up about 2 times i think and one of those times was as a dolphin...but what was the purpose for her being it...someone plz explain ^__^.
Well thats me done but yeah i really liked this anime and thought it was pretty kool...started off a bit boring and slow but that soon changed...bye
Old 2003-11-19, 12:48   Link #2
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
Uh...
damn.. the Narutaru thread that was in the old forums disappeared...
It had this all explained...
well, a lot of things that were in the manga didn't make the anime...
and umm... well hope Tsunamaru (did I remember his nick right?) comes and explains it to u, like he explained to everyone n the old thread...
Old 2003-11-19, 14:52   Link #3
gravitation

well i guess i can only wait for Tsunamaru or whatever his name may be!^_^

EDIT just noticed that Tsunamaru is viewing this thread now, im saved!
Old 2003-11-19, 15:06   Link #4
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Well, I am not Tsurumaru (who should be six feet under now anyway :P) but I can try to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
coz i understand the fact that they killed Hiro chan who controlled that big beast thingy...
Who's "they"? Hiroko was killed by Hoshimaru because Shiina couldn't do it herself. Hoshimaru is linked to another character of the series whose identity should be revealed later in the manga. You can figure it out after reading the first manga volume though. Unfortunately, the relevant scenes didn't make it over to the anime version.

Quote:
so when she died it stopped doing what it was doing which in turn saved Shiina chans dad....but at the end who was that that ran up to Shiina chan...
Just some friends from hers. No deep meaning here.

Quote:
O yeah i dont understand why there was that Otohime person who had those weird markings...she showed up about 2 times i think and one of those times was as a dolphin...but what was the purpose for her being it...someone plz explain ^__^.
It's hard to explain without giving away of a big part of the manga's story line. Let say that Otohime is related to Shiina and her family, that's why she tries to help her.
Old 2003-11-19, 16:01   Link #5
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
well i guess i can only wait for Tsunamaru or whatever his name may be!^_^
You called?

Ok quick explanation of the last episode and how it ties into the manga series;
The important points:

- Shiina-chan says " You're Hiro-chan aren't you" to the Oni (Demon) dragonet in front of her teacher's, Mizushima (the guy in her class that fancies her, but has decided instead to protect Hiro) and in the manga she is also overheard by some police officers who are on the scene trying to deal with the situation.

- Hiro-chan sends her Oni dragonet to Motiki airfield to track down Shiina's dad.

- She then leaves with Hoshimaru to confront Hiro-chan at her home.

- The police figure out that "Hiro-chan" is "Kaizuka Hiroko", the only other missing from the school, worried about her safety and also concerned by what Shiina said they too head to her house.

- Shiina arrives at Hiro's house and confronts her. After not being able to convince Shiina to join her in her murderous rampage Hiro-chan shows Shiina the scene at Motoki airfield that the TV crews are covering. Hiro-chan is using her dragonet to harm Shiina's dad and this puts Shiina in an impossible situation do nothing and watch her dad die or harm her friend and save her dad. Shiina flips out and starts to strangle Hiro-chan.

- Mizushima is concerned by what both "Oni's" victims and Shiina said implicating Hiro and her strange behaviour the previous night. He decides to call her to check that she is ok.

- Shiina is distracted by Hiro's phone ringing and is brought back to her senses, she finds she cannot do it and lets go of Hiro's neck.

- The police turn up at Hiro's house intent on searching it for her.

- Norio (guy who gets mistaken for a girl a lot) uses his Dragonet "Vagina dentata" to disuade them from doing so. Tsurumaru and Norio have obviously been keeping tabs on Shiina and Akira (possibly watching over them....protecting them???)

- Tsurumaru remarks that the the police should not interfere with this matter. (this scene is not in the manga)

-Seeing that Shiina cannot kill Hiro, Hoshimaru takes over and does it instead even when Shiina begs it to stop.

Scene cuts to Akira's house, she is standing over the body of her father with the blade that Komori-kun (EP 3) gave her in her hand (in the manga it has blood on it), Her mother walks into the room finding her like that.......

End of Vol 6 of the manga.

Scene shows Winter turning into Spring

The events of winter are told in Manga volume 7 chapters 30-33 (these focus on other characters in the series and do not feature Shiina).

Chapter 34 of the manga starts with the very last scene Shiina's name being called, in the manga it is her father calling to her and the events that occur before this in the anime are then played out.
In the anime version I'm pretty sure it is Shiina's own voice calling to her.... but I can't tell you why I think this is without spoiling.....

In the events preceding this scene the manga goes into slightly more depth but the basic point is the same it shows how things have moved on and the effect that dreadful day had on Shiina, she studied hard almost everyday and won a scholarship to "Banda" highschool the school Hiro was going to attaend and where Satomi does (Flower dragonet girl...YIKES!).
Its highly probable that Norio and Tsurumaru helped cover up Hiro's death (to save Shiina from being implicated) and therefore publically she has been listed as "missing". Therefore when her dad tell her he hopes Hiro-chan will be found safe, it is because Shiina hasn't told him what she knows of the situation and we can see her real sadness at what took place. Finally in the Anime Hoshimaru is on Shiina's roof, but in the manga we see him thrown outside, gathering dirt........
Old 2003-11-19, 16:31   Link #6
gravitation

Quote:
Scene cuts to Akira's house, she is standing over the body of her father with the blade that Komori-kun (EP 3) gave her in her hand (in the manga it has blood on it), Her mother walks into the room finding her like that.......
i remember that part but why did she do it...was she just plain insane? or was it summin to do with that guy who gave her it and sed summin...trying to remember what he sed..lol o well
P,S thanx tsurumaru ^___^
Old 2003-11-19, 16:50   Link #7
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
O yeah i dont understand why there was that Otohime person who had those weird markings...she showed up about 2 times i think and one of those times was as a dolphin...but what was the purpose for her being it...someone plz explain ^__^.
Oh yeah forgot about this, I think in episode 9 (?) Volume 5 of the manga the whole Otohime thing is explained a bit. Basically when a person who is linked to a dragonchild/dragonet reaches a very high level of "linked ability" they begin to understand how their dragonet can become a "full or adult dragon". I'm not too sure on the specifics of this (as my translating skills suck) but basically dragonets desire "spirit" or "souls" and if they absorb the body and conciousness of the person they are linked to they become "memories of the world" that is full dragons, the person (or living creature) they were linked to then becomes an "Otohime".
One thing that is not explained so well in the Anime series, is that Otohimes and Dragons usually never interfere in the world of humans and Shiina for some reason is special as she is saved on a couple of occasions by the Girl Otohime that you see in EP1 of Anime and also acknowledged by the Dolphin Otohime in ep 9.
To understand this better I would seriously suggest you read the first volume of the manga which has an excellent 2nd chapter not covered in the anime series .
Old 2003-11-19, 16:59   Link #8
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
You called?

Ok quick explanation of the last episode and how it ties into the manga series;
The important points:

(....)
LOL, dead people do have more spare time indeed.

Quote:
Its highly probable that Norio and Tsurumaru helped cover up Hiro's death (to save Shiina from being implicated) and therefore publically she has been listed as "missing".
I doubt it. Norio and Tsurumaru don't have the means to accomplish such task. Reading ch 30 should give you a hint who's behind the cover-up operation. I'm quite sure it's Tatsumi Miyako.
Old 2003-11-19, 17:49   Link #9
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotonoha
LOL, dead people do have more spare time indeed.
Read my Avvy quote dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotonoha
I doubt it. Norio and Tsurumaru don't have the means to accomplish such task. Reading ch 30 should give you a hint who's behind the cover-up operation. I'm quite sure it's Tatsumi Miyako.
OK no one read the spoiler tags below except Kotonoha otherwise you might get seriously pissed off!

Translate sneaky old Miyako sans "conversations"? Hmm I've always found his and Satou-sans conversations the hardest to follow. I'd completely missed the references in that chapter to Hiro because I had been focusing on Miyako and Saotu-sans relationship.
I do know from forget the volume but chapter title is "The Firegods car"
Spoiler:
I had assumed that Norio had used Vagina dentata to get rid of Hiro's body due to his proximity to the scene possibly extolling the "dragon's devour people" quote from earlier in the series (by absorbing it), as how did
Spoiler:

I'll pm you for some insight into a couple of other points I'd like your input on.

PS glad you don't have that disturbing avatar anymore!
Closed Thread