AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-02, 06:13   Link #41
RoRo_en_el_foro

Yeah... you have to watch the whole series again to understand the end. You may also notice that the end is singed in the opening song (you have to search for a literal translation to see that).
RoRo_en_el_foro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 11:43   Link #42
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The two endings are basically the same ending.

Spoiler:

I think the first version (eps 25, 26) was better, but most people disagree with that.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 13:15   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie
I think the first version (eps 25, 26) was better, but most people disagree with that.
I'm with you on that. (the alternate universe-type thing was hilarious ) I liked the action from the first movie though.
Old 2006-02-02, 13:24   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think someone explain that the TV 25-26 is what is happening inside Shinji's head. What happen in the movie was what was happening in real life About as good a explanation as I heard to combine the 2 endings.
Old 2006-02-02, 13:37   Link #45
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

That's right. 25-26 (and the second part of EoE) is what is happening inside Shinji's head. EoE is what was happening in the real life... But it's actually the same end. I can't understand why many people think Shinji choose the Human Instrumentality project on tv ending... He learns to respect himself, so he changes his mind...
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 16:18   Link #46
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Quote:
The two endings are basically the same ending.

Spoiler:

Didnt Yui say that as long as the individual has the will to exist, he/she will come back...
btw i liked both versions of eps 25-26 although i think they're both the same...EoE was the ending they had planned from the beginning but since they ran out of time and budget, i guess they sort of improvised...
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 23:54   Link #47
RoRo_en_el_foro

I think they put a theater scenary in purpose in ep 25, so they say to the audience "you have to imagine the animation here"
Old 2006-02-03, 01:37   Link #48
Keluangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRo_en_el_foro
I think they put a theater scenary in purpose in ep 25, so they say to the audience "you have to imagine the animation here"
i somewhat believed the theater scenery was hideoki anno's way of saying ' i dont care what the audience wants'
and i also believed that asuka is actually with shinji at the end because she shared the most dynamic relationship with shinji (friend,nemesis,enemy, etc)
Keluangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:59   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoRo_en_el_foro
The great thing about looking at the theater full of people is that most of the people had these "what the heck is going on here?" faces which perfectly complement the way most of the audience is feeling at that moment.

Perhaps the audience is intended to represent the actual viewers of the movie. It is Anno's way of saying "You are HERE!"

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 16:12   Link #50
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I just finished Eva TV 25/26. I'm really, really traumatised. To sum up my reaction of the ending: 'WTF?'. I don't even know if I like the ending or not...I don't think I can describe it in those terms yet...

I feel like curling up into a foetal position.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:07   Link #51
RoRo_en_el_foro

Yeah... that's the feeling :P
Watch the movies now. And do watch Death and Rebirth, it's important to reorder the ideas.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-24, 02:58   Link #52
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Hi, I'm writing a pretty important academic paper and in one of the many sections I'm using some events from Evangelion to illustrate my points. I remember the events I am quoting in my paper but I don't remember in which episode they happen and I don't have my own copy of Eva with me now (back home 1000s of miles away) Can someone please tell me in which episode the following events happen?:

Spoiler for just in case:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 03:07   Link #53
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Hi, I'm writing a pretty important academic paper and in one of the many sections I'm using some events from Evangelion to illustrate my points. I remember the events I am quoting in my paper but I don't remember in which episode they happen and I don't have my own copy of Eva with me now (back home 1000s of miles away) Can someone please tell me in which episode the following events happen?:

I don't recall the episode numbers off-hand, but I'm sure you can find them if you refer to these episode guides:
http://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/reviews/nge/epguide.htm
http://www.tv.com/neon-genesis-evang...ode_guide.html
http://www.glink.net.hk/~gotoh/eva/guide.html

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 04:27   Link #54
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
That's right. 25-26 (and the second part of EoE) is what is happening inside Shinji's head. EoE is what was happening in the real life... But it's actually the same end. I can't understand why many people think Shinji choose the Human Instrumentality project on tv ending... He learns to respect himself, so he changes his mind...
Why can't the people be brought back? I mean, at EoE we see Shinji and Asuka, but it didn't say that they are the only living two...
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:25   Link #55
renz_sui

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange

Spoiler:
renz_sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 01:19   Link #56
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 13:35   Link #57
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
Spoiler:
For #4:
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:49   Link #58
MajesticXII

Need help bout Evangelion

I havent watched the series but i know that there are 26 episodes
and 4 movies...

Somebody told me that there are about 50 episodes,is that true?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-01 at 01:37. Reason: Threads merged.
MajesticXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:52   Link #59
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticXII
I havent watched the series but i know that there are 26 episodes
and 4 movies...

Somebody told me that there are about 50 episodes,is that true?
50 episode for the TV series? Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV) is 26 episodes.

-> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=49 (show info)
-> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...?id=49&page=25 (episode names and numbers)

Here is the current (existing) AnimeSuki thread that might have further information for you: Neon Genesis Evangelion. There have been multiple releases so that might have confused that "somebody" that told you it was 50 Eps.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:58   Link #60
MajesticXII

Thanx so much!

*BLOWS LOTS OF KISSES*

he must've been confused for sure
MajesticXII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, psychological