AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-14, 15:33   Link #21
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

<-- Giddy with anticipation.

I really want to hear that angela song, though.

(That last shot of Age really gives me Ral--i.e. from Ral Grado--vibes, heh.)
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:50   Link #22
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
PV - webpage or direct link (1.5mb). Looks pretty epic and it's always encouraging to see another non-CG mecha show on the horizon.
When done well I like mechs done in both ways, but non-CG mecha is definitely more forgiving if there's cool art design. I like these and since they are going that route I really hope that they can match the CG for the ships and special effects in the screenshots of their show on the News page, those are some gorgeous CG works and the trailer had some nice ones too.

This show is really matching it's title...after the trailer it still looks downright epic, nice "big" music too. The bigger wide-open backgrounds are a particularly nice touch. I still really like his character designs so now all I hope is that this show avoid the "relationship drama" of a certain other project and sticks to some good epic drama, I could really use some of that for a change.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:21   Link #23
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I have to say the first ep looks quite impressive (obvious GSD comparisons aside). Here's some screens hot off the boards...

Spoiler for ep1:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:36   Link #24
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Those are some sexy backgrounds and monsters. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:38   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

So.. I guess it aired? Any impressions? I still have to get my hands on it and watch it.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:59   Link #26
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Anidb said it releases tomorrow, not that I'm complaining or anything... Still got to wait for the raw though. From the screens it looks like it's pretty good, hopefully I can say that after watching the first episode.
Old 2007-04-01, 13:05   Link #27
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Based on a cursory look at the comments on Futaba, the reception is generally positive (production values, soundtrack and voice acting in particular). There's still a general apathy toward Hirai's style though. Someone compared it to Armoured Genesis Mospeada and GSD of-course but overall it seems like it was a good first ep.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 13:11   Link #28
Mei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Anidb said it releases tomorrow, not that I'm complaining or anything... Still got to wait for the raw though. From the screens it looks like it's pretty good, hopefully I can say that after watching the first episode.
Heroic Age is airing Mondays 1:30AM, and yes, it just aired about an hour ago.

I am still finishing off my blog entries for 2 series previous before blogging my thoughts of Heroic Age.

Oh and those screens do make it look very good.
Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 17:40   Link #29
BluWacky
尻の竜

I don't have time to watch this until tomorrow night (work gets in the way, dammit!) but preliminary impressions:

Oooooh. It's shiny. Very, very shiny.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 18:27   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, wow, this show is pretty cool. I was expecting to cringe at Hirai's copypasta, but this show kinda rose above that. Very cool backgrounds and animation. Characters are interesting.

About all those Tribes... here's what you need to know:

Tribe of Gold are the Protoss.
Tribe of Iron are the Terrans.
Tribe of Bronze are the Zerg.

That's pretty much it. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 18:28   Link #31
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei View Post
Heroic Age is airing Mondays 1:30AM, and yes, it just aired about an hour ago.

I am still finishing off my blog entries for 2 series previous before blogging my thoughts of Heroic Age.

Oh and those screens do make it look very good.
Hah... I totally forgot about time zone differences, well thanks for clearing that up. All makes sense now.
Old 2007-04-01, 19:04   Link #32
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
About all those Tribes... here's what you need to know:

Tribe of Gold are the Protoss.
Tribe of Iron are the Terrans.
Tribe of Bronze are the Zerg.

That's pretty much it. 8)
Rofl, when I saw the aliens I thought exactly the same thing, with the big one being the "Overlord", hehe. Anyway it was an interesting first episode, and it makes me want to watch more of this, despite the fact that I am not exactly a fan of Hirai's character design either. But heck, Xebec is doing this, and I liked Fafner too, so I'm kind of prepapred.

I also kind of liked the mecha-design of both those suits and the iron tribe spaceship. And I was expecting the tarzan boy to not be able to talk, but it seems like he managed to learn enough from that old malfunctioning spaceship...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 19:30   Link #33
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

At first I didn't expect much from this show, but after watching the first episode I totally changed my mind. I love how everything in this anime is extremely gigantic (the ship, the big ball thingy, and the evil looking mecha). I'm definitely sticking with this one.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-01, 19:33   Link #34
flou
That's no lady

Saw the first episode, my impressions:

The music and the animation are both really good, especially with the all-animated, not CG mecha which for me is a big sigh of relief after being let down by the Gigantic Formula trailer. There was no opening for the first episode sadly (I was really looking forward to angela song), but the ending was beautifully animated and mainly focused on Deianira. The song itself is pretty good and worth re-listening to. I was really surprised that Eiji could actually speak and somewhat intelligently, too. I guess that's what comes from being raised by a computer. Interesting things to note are that the Bronze tribe have psychic powers such as thought projection and telekinesis. This adds a similar vibe to that of "Terra e..." Also, while I'm really not fond of Hirai's character designs, I didn't mind them at all here. I'm definitely checking out the next episode and I would recommend it to anyone whose a sci-fi lover like myself .
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 21:58   Link #35
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Thoughts on episode 1

This is hardcore science fiction. While I got a respectable amount out of the episode, I really had to go to the official site to read up on the story, the background, and the character descriptions. It's also quite slow until the last third of the episode, but the animation is really something.

The episode's OP is replaced by a really long narration, sadly, since I wanted to head the Angela song. Anyway, here's a summary culled from the official website.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
In the past, the universe was led by the "Tribe of Gold". You can think of them as the Xel'Naga. They look like hooded golden monks. But they soon left for another universe (the episode shows them as being "outside" the universe proper), and the Silver Tribe became dominant. The Silver Tribe rules over the Bronze Tribe. Incidentally the Silver Tribe are emotionless bishounen. Figures.

Now there's another force called the Hero Tribe. Only five entities in this tribe are still alive, but each are really powerful. They received punishment from the Golds for waging interstellar war, and four of them are under the submission of the Silver Tribe currently. I foresee one-on-one battles between Age and these guys.

The last one, then... is buried in the body of Age, the only human to have been raised by the Gold Tribe.

Fearing for its existence, the human race (Tribe of Iron) searches for their Kwisatz Haderach, I mean Messiah, who of course is Age. They're led by this blonde princess who appears to be wearing nothing more than body paint. Score. Did I mention that the humans all have psychic powers, mechs, and lasers? They can fix machines with their willpower and crap.

The princess has telepathy and the knight (son of the ship's captain) can teleport. I foresee a love triangle developing here...

In a nutshell, that's the background of the series.
It's an intriguing premise, and the animation is good enough that I'd watch another episode at least. Age is sort of the primitive who has no concepts of "mathematics, gender, life and death, and money (from the website), and he's bound to get up to wacky hijinks on the human mothership.

EDIT: Flou:
The Bronze Tribe aren't the humans. They're the zerg who got their asses kicked by Age. The humans are the humans.

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2007-04-01 at 22:13.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 22:19   Link #36
flou
That's no lady

Yeah, well my translations have always been horrible I always mess these things up, but thanks for the information. It makes a lot more sense now -_-;;;;
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 01:09   Link #37
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Thoughts on episode 1

This is hardcore science fiction. While I got a respectable amount out of the episode, I really had to go to the official site to read up on the story, the background, and the character descriptions. It's also quite slow until the last third of the episode, but the animation is really something.
Ah, good info from the official site. I didn't even read it, lol. Here' my summary and screencaps of episode 1.

I was impressed by the animation quality too, and everything seemed to flow well for me.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 02:01   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oooooh! That worked. I liked it from start to end. Good looking. Some interesting characters. Good future tech. Good use and extension of science-fiction memes. Maybe Tow Ubukata (who also wrote Chevalier D'Eon and the ill-fated Mardock Scramble) really does have something going on.

Maybe the humor was a little weak and out of place, but who can complain when it's Tamura Yukari, Kugimiya Rie and Arai Satomi? And Kondou Takashi (Ralph in Soukou no Strain) is great. I liked the new seiyuu (Ishikawa Yui) doing the princess. Just the right degree of out of it. She's young (17) but has done quite a big of stage and TV work.

This is the chara-des of Gin-iro no Olynssis (and so much else, I know) done right and surrounded with something better. So far. I liked the smooth motion and sudden speed of the battle movements. Very grand. I hope they didn't blow the budget on episode one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 02:21   Link #39
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
That was definately an incredible first episode. I hope they can keep up this momentum with the following episodes. Heroic Age just went up a notch on my "To Watch" list.
Old 2007-04-02, 05:08   Link #40
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
thanx to wrex_japan, now I understand what was all that talking about ^_^;
first episode was really something... it got me hooked now for more I just hope the staff will keep that up until the end
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction