AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-20, 01:18   Link #821
Team Rocket Elite

Did any of the other Touhou characters(Sakuya, Suika, Hong Meiling) get enough noms but got kept out due to the background check?
Old 2009-01-20, 01:21   Link #822
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Well. If Anya and Shinku aren't in the same match, there's two of my votes~!
Old 2009-01-20, 01:29   Link #823
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah the groups will get reshuffled so hold your...ponytas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Did any of the other Touhou characters(Sakuya, Suika, Hong Meiling) get enough noms but got kept out due to the background check?
Sorry we can't answer that right now but check back after the preliminaries for the answer.
Old 2009-01-20, 01:39   Link #824
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Well, if you are really stubborn on "It's an anime Saimoe therefore I must base my votes on the anime" then I guess there's no helping it. However, I could always recommend you some doujins if you are interested, or the games themselves, which would be better.
Thank you, but no thank you. It's better for me all around if I just stick with the anime portrayals.

The rules may say a girl has to be represented by an anime, but I guess that doesn't seem to matter to the fans of other material who allow that material to influence their perceptions. Kinda' disappointing when the non-anime material outweighs the anime by a bazzillion-to-one.

Shikata ga nai.

Quote:
--we want you guys to judge Shana from Shakugan no Shana, not Shana on some guy's T-shirt.

Hey, wait... there's a Shana T-shirt? Where's mine!?
Old 2009-01-20, 01:43   Link #825
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well going 0/4 the first time through is hardly my ideal start . Oh well do like a couple of the girls that made it so can't complain that much.
Old 2009-01-20, 01:44   Link #826
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

@Mushi:
Quote:
Touhou girls get no votes from me. And in the words of the great Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.
Ditto. I hope I can stick to F.G.'s words

I'm really irritated by the Touhou Incursion I saw the anime and thought it okay; some of the seiyuu's I think are well known. I liked some of the characters, and some appeared moe. But 95% are voting based on the (NON-ANIMATED) game anyway... the anime just justifies the votes

None of my girls made it (this round) but I'm happy that Taiga got in

Bitter much? Nahhhh...
Old 2009-01-20, 01:46   Link #827
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Hey, wait... there's a Shana T-shirt? Where's mine!?
Otaku Test in Spoiler!

Spoiler for Otaku Test:

Note: Yes this is on topic lol.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:02   Link #828
Team Rocket Elite

I can think of plenty of reasons to vote for a character that is worse than thinking they are moe because of non-anime works they appear in. At least the voter is voting for the character becuase they think the character is moe. Also while Touhou characters are probably the most extreme beneficiaries of people voting for non-anime releated moe, they defintely aren't the only ones to get this kind of support. With that said, I'm not saying you should vote for a Touhou character if you don't find them moe. As always, vote for the character you find more moe.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:03   Link #829
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Spoiler for Otaku Test Results:

Guess I'm not as red-blooded as I thought

Edit:
Quote:
At least the voter is voting for the character becuase they think the character is moe.
But is that REALLY why, is the question no-one is asking...

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2009-01-20 at 02:05. Reason: second thoughts, post-post
Old 2009-01-20, 02:08   Link #830
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

In during Touhou is the new KyoAni.
Without the popularity and stuff.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:08   Link #831
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I voted for Patchy because she was the one in the group that did the most for me (that I didn't think would be an auto entry...like any Hocchan voiced chatacter)...*shrug*. I'd not really had any contact with that character outside the anime.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:16   Link #832
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Spoiler for Otaku Test:
As much as I love patchy, I am appalled at how many people are voting touhou, even touhou in every category. *shrug* to each their own~

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-01-20, 02:27   Link #833
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Oh yes, 2/4. Both Touhou. And no, the other two votes weren't Touhou.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:31   Link #834
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Re:Otaku test

I'm not sure that asking what you "saw" first is a good idea, because your eye is naturally draw to "hotspots" in pictures. The question should probably be which you "noticed" first.

My reaction.
*Sees breast.*
*Eyes move to right*
YAY! SHANA!!!!
*Reads caption*
Oh, there was a breast there too? LOL.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:37   Link #835
Team Rocket Elite

Well if the complaint is they aren't voting for the character that they think is more moe, that's something that isn't even remotely isolated to Touhou. Every character will have a chunk of supporters that are voting for reasons other than they think the character is moe. Is Touhou particularly bad in this regard? I have no idea. I'm not sure how one would go about judging something like this but I have doubts it can be done based on nominations and just a single round of voting.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:38   Link #836
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Color has a lot to do with pictures and contrast is where the eyes will focus first.

Also one has to ask one's self: "How will these girls do against the current top 16...or someone like Nagisa (who's had recent moe time)?"
Old 2009-01-20, 02:44   Link #837
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post

Well if the complaint is they aren't voting for the character that they think is more moe, that's something that isn't even remotely isolated to Touhou. Every character will have a chunk of supporters that are voting for reasons other than they think the character is moe. Is Touhou particularly bad in this regard? I have no idea. I'm not sure how one would go about judging something like this but I have doubts it can be done based on nominations and just a single round of voting.
But this is why I highly think that NONE of the Touhou candidates will make the top 16. Their early dominance makes them a HUGE target once Topaz comes around, and their bad starts will lead to those Touhou fanbases leaving the competition similar to Negima from last year (remember how Setsuna was third in nominations?), so unless they still hit it big after all of that, we're not going to see much of them in the regular season.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:49   Link #838
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
I think Reimu has a legitimate chance. Touhou fans are all around the other fanbases, too. I don't think it's a case of one particular group of people just getting up and leaving.
Old 2009-01-20, 02:49   Link #839
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

My hope lies in that Touhou girls are supported by a large group of dedicated fans, and not the entire masses. Thinking they won't do as well in a 1v1, but we'll see...

But with Anya, Kagura, Kallen, and several other contestants I would have never though racked up so many votes, I think Korea might be playing a large part in all this.(Expectations kept low and bracing for impact~)
Old 2009-01-20, 02:59   Link #840
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
My hope lies in that Touhou girls are supported by a large group of dedicated fans, and not the entire masses. Thinking they won't do as well in a 1v1, but we'll see...

But with Anya, Kagura, Kallen, and several other contestants I would have never though racked up so many votes, I think Korea might be playing a large part in all this.(Expectations kept low and bracing for impact~)
You're right. In fact, Seoul gets the honorary recognition of being the first one on probation for the year 2009.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe