AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 48 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 34.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 9.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.63%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-31, 22:17   Link #41
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Ok, IMO, Flora's voice hasn't fitted well... like was said, it's just too young...
It never crossed my mind that Flora's voice would be close to that(totally on the contrary, I always had imagined a mature voice for Flora), and I think Flora's fans won't like very much either.

Also, the quality dropped a little again. I would love if all Claymore's episodes had a similar or better quality like on the episodes 13 and 14, but, unfortunately, for some reason (if the main animator is not in vacation, maybe they are saving the money for the grand finale) the quality has to drop down...

Plus
Spoiler for manga:

Nevertheless, it was a good episode, I give it an 8 after all.
Old 2007-07-31, 22:33   Link #42
TwilightProxy
Genei no Takumi

Send a message via AIM to TwilightProxy
the episode wasn't too bad ^^. i wish they gave Flora a more mature voice at least.. it's not as painful as some voice actings i've heard, but it could be better.
Old 2007-07-31, 22:42   Link #43
Wowzers

I'm also a little disappointed with the video quality in this episode and Flora's voice. I was picturing a clear, mature voice and got something else. Undine's voice was ok though. Those of you who are interested in Undine should watch the next episode.

Episode 19 will be good but I figure that ep 20 is the one I am waiting for though
Old 2007-07-31, 22:46   Link #44
USCPharmacist

I have a bad feeling about this.....all these claymores mean most likely a lot of them will die , I really don't see how a campaign against one of the three Prime Evil...I meant Abyssal one will have no casualty, lol.

Let's see how many of them will survive, I am betting the hero's group might just pull off with some major injuries. So I predict Clare, Helen, Deneve, Jean, and Miria live, and the rest will all die
Old 2007-07-31, 22:47   Link #45
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well if they do die, they go down fighting. Surely they prefer it that way.
Old 2007-07-31, 23:49   Link #46
SilverEyedLionKing
Anti-Claymore Unit

I must say that I didn't expect Flora to sound almost like a loli. Felt like a miscast for me.
Old 2007-08-01, 00:05   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

This episode will create ALOT of comparisons to the manga again, even though this is so unfair to the anime ^_^;

Minus: They've been removing the humorous parts (especially most of Helen's antics and her "funny faces")... I really regret this, though I guess I can understand that they didn't want to break the dark mood.

Plus: Again, lots of minor inconsistencies removed (e.g. Miria greeting the rest of the Fab Four while assuming command in front of your troops - you don't do that). The animation also helped deciphering some battle scenes which had unclear panels in the manga.

As usual, good setup episode. 8 from me.

Oh, and even though Flora's voice was a bit of a surprise, I got used to her quickly, and I don't consider it inappropriate at all. Rather interesting. The comparison to slurry-slowly-speaking Isumi from Hayate no Gotoku is a bit unfair. She's speaking concisely and quickly-aware here
Old 2007-08-01, 00:15   Link #48
B-day
Yokomo driver

But Flora is #8, second in command. I expect a stronger, more mature, leader type voice. Especially no other claymore has such a high pitch voice, when Flora opens her mouth.........sounds weird. Miss Second in Command
Old 2007-08-01, 00:37   Link #49
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Flora sounds more like a computer or android voice to me.
Old 2007-08-01, 01:42   Link #50
stormy001_M1A2

Flora sounds fine to me, even the famous General Patton have a squeaky voice despite his blood curdling speeches.

So did not mean if you a killer or commander, you have to sound like one.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:02   Link #51
pomps
グ~…

Well, I guess if you can think that way then it's ok to you even when Riful sounds like Rubel .
Old 2007-08-01, 02:06   Link #52
USCPharmacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomps View Post
Well, I guess if you can think that way then it's ok to you even when Riful sounds like Rubel .
That would be cool too...in a way hehehe
Old 2007-08-01, 02:21   Link #53
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Yeah, it's regrettable that Helen's precious reactions were taken out. This goes against all moral standards I can come up with!

Flora's VA sounds like Miyuki Sawashiro. Did anybody catch the credits?
Old 2007-08-01, 02:22   Link #54
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..must say a bit dissappointing. Helen's humor was definitely not shown half as well in the manga. The other major point they lost out i felt was the Windcutter move of Flora. Simply lacked the impact. The scene could have been better. Two things i was really lookin forward to, and two things that MADHOUSE dissappointed me on.

As for Flora's VA..i think i really like it..but she doesnt look as beautiful as in the manga. She still has the bit of a scary look whereas she looks like a real doll in the manga. The first 7 for this series from me mainly because of the above shortcomings
Old 2007-08-01, 02:25   Link #55
danaman

OMG that shyt was flipping AWESOME
Old 2007-08-01, 03:23   Link #56
revive4563

Well...unfortunately, many part of CLAYMORE is Korean subcontract work.... see end roll... I have no idea why they did the stupid decision like this... though I don't think they had budget problems.
Old 2007-08-01, 03:45   Link #57
stormy001_M1A2

Errr......subcontracting to Koreans or Chinese animators is measure of cost cutting and budget. It is not stupid decision since they in the business to make money. Having a Japanese animators did not guarantee better quality.
Old 2007-08-01, 03:51   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow...the start of another epix fight

and now we have the 5 musketeers though i agree that flora has a voice too young for her image other than that i liked this ep :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-01, 05:23   Link #59
corkii

Send a message via MSN to corkii
I've just watched the RAW ep.
had to say, Flora's voice was rather annoying/irritating..didnt suit how her character looked like, it was more like a 8 year olds voice.
As for Undine i thought it MAYBE would've been much better if they had a male VA to voice as a female character, only if the VA can do a female voice with a man tone.
I wont be rating this episode yet, since i didnt understand much from the RAW, I'll vote once i get the subbed version.
Old 2007-08-01, 07:15   Link #60
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Well about Flora, I couldnīt stop laughing cause she reminded me about that Pirate from the Caribbean where he has another one to talk for him cause he has this little voice..

Although i cannot describe the sheer awesomeness of the fights in this episode. Fear Isley Army
Closed Thread