AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 20:06   Link #141
Jimmy C

There appears to be a crack in the gear to the left of the sword. I think counts as damage.
The next question is why Homura wouldn't just resummon her shield to reset the damage.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:37   Link #142
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
the Shaft head tilt re-created irl is menacing!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:40   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It seems impossible for me to successfully avoid all spoilers so I'll just give in now...

Wasn't Hitomi supposed to have a bigger role in this movie or was it all just fan speculation? Her existence seems to have been erased now. The latest footage of the movie is confusing as hell.
Old 2013-09-07, 17:13   Link #144
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Speculation:

•Nightmares could be the result of Wraiths possessing humans, this would make sense since Hitomi was possessed by a witch in the previous universe and this was changed to accommodate Madoka's wish.

•If monsters are now born out of ordinary humans rather than just magical girls then Urobutcher got Madoka's ass really hard.

•Madoka's wish may have changed the fate of magical girls but not that of humanity, it could be that her wish only altered cause (witches) but not effect (disasters), meaning that catastrophes like Walpurgis Night attack or even Kriemhild Gretchen's apocalypse will still play out in a different form despite of Madoka's wish.

EDIT:
Spoiler for FUUUUUUUUUU-:

Last edited by 1337_haxor; 2013-09-07 at 17:31.
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:42   Link #145
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
•Nightmares could be the result of Wraiths possessing humans, this would make sense since Hitomi was possessed by a witch in the previous universe and this was changed to accommodate Madoka's wish.

•If monsters are now born out of ordinary humans rather than just magical girls then Urobutcher got Madoka's ass really hard.

•Madoka's wish may have changed the fate of magical girls but not that of humanity, it could be that her wish only altered cause (witches) but not effect (disasters), meaning that catastrophes like Walpurgis Night attack or even Kriemhild Gretchen's apocalypse will still play out in a different form despite of Madoka's wish.
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Fileemons.png

Based on this, my speculation is that Demons possess humans, turning into Nightmares by feeding on negative emotions. In line with Madoka's optimism, it's probably possible to save the human captured and destroy the Nightmare/Wraith by pulling the human out safely. The tragic Urobuchi bent is that many Puella Magi don't bother doing this.

I doubt that tragedies will still play out with different causes, if only because of the possibility that Nagisa is Charlotte.

As for that screenshot....Nightmare/Bad Dream sequence somehow. That's a bit too spoilery to be released as a teaser image.
Old 2013-09-07, 19:42   Link #146
GDB

Yeah, seems too spoilery to be in a PV.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 22:11   Link #147
KoiYuki

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Nag...owSpeculah.png

So I'm just looking at Nagisa's magical girl form again, and I noticed that hat has cat ears. I'm wondering if it's a hint towards being Kyuubey, Amy, or if it's just to be cute. Of course, if it was related to Amy anyway, it could be related to Madoka too.

Not sold on her being someone else, but I can't help but wonder.

that Soul Gem biting seems odd too. Why would she bite it instead of shoot or smash it? I'm sure it's not real, but still.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 00:48   Link #148
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think what's interesting here is that everything presented so far feels more like an alternate universe than a progression of events after Madoka's wish. There's only three speculations I can think of about this.

1. The trailers are trolling hard to confuse people.

2. It actually is an alternate universe and we're seeing the "bad end" of Madoka's wish instead of the television "good end", for lack of better description.

3. Something went horribly wrong with Madoka's wish. Kyubey might have figured out how to circumvent it, or the wish didn't prevent fate at all.

Those are my guesses. The fact that almost nothing from the trailers show events after the wish except Ultimate Madoka suggest something is very, very wrong though.
Old 2013-09-08, 02:01   Link #149
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
2. It actually is an alternate universe and we're seeing the "bad end" of Madoka's wish instead of the television "good end", for lack of better description.
Hypothetical: It's Homura's FEARS of how things could go wrong. The entire movie makes it seem like Madoka's wish is going wrong, and then at the very end turns out to be an illusion caused by a Nightmare to feed on her despair. She wakes up by committing dream-suicide Inception-style. Cue the rest of the movie being in awesome happier reality and Homura kicks ass.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:55   Link #150
woxx

Every speculation could be possible.
I just hope they won't make huge flashback from this movie.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 17:43   Link #151
Shadow5YA

Is Mami holding Charlotte in her arms like a plushie? I don't even...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 18:14   Link #152
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just tell me if the CM was posted already.

So what do we see? OKtavia, a crushed soul gem, and various shenanigans. Without context, it's just speculation fuel again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wasn't Hitomi supposed to have a bigger role in this movie or was it all just fan speculation? Her existence seems to have been erased now.
The first movie CM ever shown actually mentioned Hitomi having nightmares, so she's likely still in.
Old 2013-09-10, 13:52   Link #153
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Running time of the movie ?
2hours ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:35   Link #154
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

Thought I'd drop this here, a couple of new very debatable movie scans and text.

http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51962455.html
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:34   Link #155
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I have no idea what to think anymore. I have this feeling the movie is going to spur a shitload of debate though.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:44   Link #156
Jimmy C

If it is to be an end and a new beginning for the series, as the creators intend, it's inevitable.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:47   Link #157
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
I so want more and more infos , also a real trailer
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:18   Link #158
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I have no idea what to think anymore. I have this feeling the movie is going to spur a shitload of debate though.
I agree. Every possibility I can think of to explain these screenshots will cause debate.

My new pet theory is that this new Momoe girl might be the key to explaining these odd screenshots that feel like the movie is one elaborate fanfic AU.

To go into more detail...

Mami and/or Homura saves Momoe from some demons/witches/etc... A grateful Momoe later learns how depressed Homura is, and she offers to make a wish for her. Homura gets it in her mind to try one more time to save Madoka. Perhaps Mami learns of this, learns about pre-Madoka world, and decides that things are better now than they used to be. Hence, Mami wants to stop Homura (which could be where their conflict in the movie comes from).

Homura ultimately prevails, and Momoe makes a wish to send Homura back in time to pre-Madoka world. This wish has a bit of a butterfly effect, which causes strange changes to occur - Such as Kyouko seemingly taking Hitomi's role as school friends with Madoka and Sayaka.

That's all I've got so far for this new theory, though.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:03   Link #159
maximilianjenus
[E]

I still think momoe is charlotte.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:39   Link #160
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I agree. Every possibility I can think of to explain these screenshots will cause debate.

My new pet theory is that this new Momoe girl might be the key to explaining these odd screenshots that feel like the movie is one elaborate fanfic AU.

To go into more detail...

Mami and/or Homura saves Momoe from some demons/witches/etc... A grateful Momoe later learns how depressed Homura is, and she offers to make a wish for her. Homura gets it in her mind to try one more time to save Madoka. Perhaps Mami learns of this, learns about pre-Madoka world, and decides that things are better now than they used to be. Hence, Mami wants to stop Homura (which could be where their conflict in the movie comes from).

Homura ultimately prevails, and Momoe makes a wish to send Homura back in time to pre-Madoka world. This wish has a bit of a butterfly effect, which causes strange changes to occur - Such as Kyouko seemingly taking Hitomi's role as school friends with Madoka and Sayaka.

That's all I've got so far for this new theory, though.
I like this idea. Perhaps Madoka knows everything that's going on due to her ascended status, and she keeps trying to tell Homura to move on but things in the dream-world keep interrupting (like Kyouko pulling Madoka away, it looks like)?

And eventually the two get to talk, paralleling the scene where Homura confessed everything to Madoka in episode 11. Homura eventually relents, and cancels the dream world Nagisa made for her. This may or may not be the end of the movie.

Tags
madoka