Guys please, I need some explanation about what happened in the end
I can't even understand it using this explanation
Quote:
So I guess it is explainable now how Homura captured Madokami:

Also what happened to majuu/witch now??

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 20:14   Link #822
KoiYuki

That's the thing; none of us really know either.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 20:17   Link #823
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Will there be another season or movie though? I feel like it can be expanded a bit more.. although having it end in this part and gives all the explanation later on in complete booklet or something isn't a bad idea either.

Old 2013-11-15, 20:20   Link #824
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Guys please, I need some explanation about what happened in the end
What exactly you didn't understand?

Quote:
Also what happened to majuu/witch now??
The witches don't exist. The Majuu exist but Homura says they will be eradicated (though she doesn't say how).
Old 2013-11-15, 20:23   Link #825
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
What exactly you didn't understand?
Like what exactly did Homura do and what did she take from Madoka. I seem to recall Sayaka telling her that she took some portion of cycle of karma(?) from Madoka but how does that work? Also why does she has the ability to rewrite memories now and what's the connection between that and her ability to somehow rewrite the universe and capturing Madoka?

Oh and damn it, might as well saying that I don't understand everything at the end

Quote:
The witches don't exist. The Majuu exist but Homura says they will be eradicated (though she doesn't say how).
Oh at least I understand one point

Old 2013-11-15, 20:36   Link #826
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Like what exactly did Homura do and what did she take from Madoka. I seem to recall Sayaka telling her that she took some portion of cycle of karma(?) from Madoka but how does that work?
What she took is the memory of Madoka before her existence was erased from the world. She used that memory to recreate Madoka's human existence in the world.

Quote:
Also why does she has the ability to rewrite memories now and what's the connection between that and her ability to somehow rewrite the universe and capturing Madoka?
Because of the power of love she became a god-like being like Madoka. Probably even more powerful than Madoka. That's why she could capture her and rewrite the universe and such.

Now don't ask me how does love make her so powerful. That part isn't fully explained in the movie.
Old 2013-11-15, 20:43   Link #827
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That makes sense though I still have some doubts about the power of love.. I feel like even if 'love' is the main fuel for Homura's ability, there's still some sort of mechanics that I don't fully understand yet in how she was able to do all of that.

Also why would she steal her memories if she already had it in the beginning? Couldn't that just be she using her memories as a medium/vessel to imprison Madoka?

Old 2013-11-15, 20:50   Link #828
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That makes sense though I still have some doubts about the power of love.. I feel like even if 'love' is the main fuel for Homura's ability, there's still some sort of mechanics that I don't fully understand yet in how she was able to do all of that.
Well yeah, I suppose there must be some sort of mechanics to it. It would help if we had proper subs. The ones available right now are crap so they can't be used to analyze the movie.

Quote:
Also why would she steal her memories if she already had it in the beginning? Couldn't that just be she using her memories as a medium/vessel to imprison Madoka?
I don't think Homura was talking about Madoka's own memories, but about the universe's "memories" about Madoka, if that makes sense. Madoka was once a human, but that existence was erased from the universe. Yet, some residual part of her human existence was left behind as part of the Law of Cycle. I think that's what Homura was talking about. That's what she took from the Law of Cycle in oder to remade Madoka as a human.
Old 2013-11-15, 20:56   Link #829
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well I thought what she said about the Maju was as more of a hypothetical. Basically Homura said any chance for Sayaka to oppose her will have to wait until the Maju are eradicated. Whose job that is and how they're supposed to do it is ambiguous. It may even not be reasonably possible, and Homura was just teasing Sayaka with an impossible condition. All ambiguous.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 20:59   Link #830
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Well I thought what she said about the Maju was as more of a hypothetical. Basically Homura said any chance for Sayaka to oppose her will have to wait until the Maju are eradicated.
Then the next problem that I want to know is why she would say that? Why can't Sayaka attack her now?

Could it be because she's now some kind of Majuu-boss because her soul gem is now an epitome/strongest part of human desire?

Old 2013-11-15, 21:05   Link #831
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Then the next problem that I want to know is why she would say that? Why can't Sayaka attack her now?
Homura never says that she can't. It wasn't a condition or anything like that. It was just an off-hand comment. Something like "yeah, it would be kinda cool to be your enemy after all the maju are dealt with. Yeah, I think I'll kick your ass then."

Quote:
Could it be because she's now some kind of Majuu-boss because her soul gem is now an epitome/strongest part of human desire?
No, I'd say Homura's closer to being a witch than a majuu. She's neither though. She's something else entirely. That's kinda the point.
Old 2013-11-15, 21:23   Link #832
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
So, like...

Am I the only one who thinks the fact that Familiars are just casually running around in the open is like...a tremendously, stupendously bad sign?

Not to mention that when we see end shots of everyone being happy, things are floating around awkwardly like they're in a fish tank.

Basically: Way to Kriemheld Gretchen, Homura.
Old 2013-11-15, 21:33   Link #833
Wanderer
Goat

Yeah I've also been recently thinking that Homura's move might unseal Kreimheld Gretchen.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 21:34   Link #834
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the fact that Familiars are just casually running around in the open is like...a tremendously, stupendously bad sign?
Why? They're inside a barrier. What's so strange about familiars going around. As long as they don't harm anyone...

Quote:
Not to mention that when we see end shots of everyone being happy, things are floating around awkwardly like they're in a fish tank.
Well, it is a sort of fish tank. Although, I think all that hipster imagery is just Inucurry being Inucurry. Remember Urobuchi's script was barebones, so the animation staff was free to go wild, and go wild they did. lol

Quote:
Basically: Way to Kriemheld Gretchen, Homura.
Homura re-wrote the universe and also put a barrier around it, so her world is a combination of a Madoka-like world and a Gretachen-like barrier.
Old 2013-11-15, 21:46   Link #835
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What we saw in the TV series makes it clear that Homura prefers to work independently, and that she's not exactly team-oriented in her thinking. Some of Homura's own dialogue and internal monologue reinforces this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
but it could be argued that this is totally new situation which Homura has not been through multiple times so her best option would be to go along with someone who does know what is going on. Homura did want to team up with Kyoko in the anime series since Kyoko's a veteran magical girl, although it was just for one battle (Walpurgis Night). Thus, I don't see her having issues working with Sayaka if they have the same goal and mindset, albeit for a short period of time.
Every time I've said Homura will accept allies, I've added on that it will only be temporary and/or short because she's seen their 'other side' which will cause her long term objectives to fail.

Quote:
I think that Sayaka would have reasonable concern of Homura going off and trying to do something on her own if she explained the full situation to Homura and then admitted that she also has no plan. And in fact, I wouldn't even blame Homura for that.
Neither would I, either scene playing out would be fine by me.

Quote:
"You guys have no plan, so it's up to me to get us out of this mess."

That's very in-character thinking for Homura, and there's actually a certain level of respect that I have for that sort of strength and independence.
As do I, but in this unknown situation against an opponent with new powers (setting the barrier around Homura's soul gem, what else could the incubators do?) I think it would be better to at least plot with the people who do know what's going on. If they still don't do anything after a period of time with you discussing with them, I'd say go off and do it yourself, especially given Homura's past knowledge of them.

As above, I can accept both situations happening. However, after reading this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You make it sound as if they didn't know for sure if they could break the barrier by force. But before the fight begins, I remember Sayaka tells the others "just follow my plan and everything will work out" or something like that. This suggests that Sayaka was aware they have the means to break the barrier at any moment.
If Sayaka did know that they could just break through with brute force, then they do have a solid plan, gather everybody and attack the barrier with full force.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 22:34   Link #836
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
so I have to ask some mythology buffs here

what's the significance of the lizard/salamander?
Finally looked this up, don't take it to be the absolute meaning though:

"The salamander represents those who pass through the fires of passion and of this world without stain. Therefore, it stands for chastity, loyalty, impartiality, virginity, courage, Jesus, Mary, and the faithful.

The salamander is also used to symbolize the flames, which it passes through, and so is a symbol of fire, temptation, and burning desire. It was considered the "king of fire" and as such was representative of Christ who would baptize with the flames of the Holy Spirit. Cloquet considers Christ the salamander king of fire because he passed through the fires of hell after his crucifixion without harm."

Source.

Probably the fire thing. Also, wasn't the snake that tempted Eve in the Bible (a.k.a. the devil iirc?).. kind of a salamander? I think it had legs until God punished it.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 22:41   Link #837
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
"The salamander represents those who pass through the fires of passion and of this world without stain. Therefore, it stands for chastity, loyalty, impartiality, virginity, courage, Jesus, Mary, and the faithful. The salamander is also used to symbolize the flames, which it passes through, and so is a symbol of fire, temptation, and burning desire. It was considered the "king of fire" and as such was representative of Christ who would baptize with the flames of the Holy Spirit. Cloquet considers Christ the salamander king of fire because he passed through the fires of hell after his crucifixion without harm."
So the symbolism suggests Homura might not be as "evil" as she seems to be. Interesting.
Old 2013-11-15, 23:08   Link #838
Casshern

Hell yeah. Homura finally strikes back!

Other than that, wow, she really reset the timeline once again for Madoka's sake. Except this time it was really for her own sake, as she admitted. She's still fixated on "saving" Madoka. My guess is that she will let the story play out like before until Walpurgis Night, only this time she will use her devil power to easily slay the witch, so her wish from Kyubey will finally be fulfilled. What kind of universe-breaking wish is Madoka going to make this time?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 23:25   Link #839
Kazu-kun

^ There are no witches in Homura's world.
Old 2013-11-15, 23:47   Link #840
sailorcrisp

So.... basically, things going pear shaped and Homura doing a complete 180 is partly (if not mostly) Sayaka's fault? If she followed Madoka's plan without being sidetracked, Homura MAY have not gone all "Dark Side"... Kyoko was right when she called her an idiot in the series hehe. So I was partly right with the fact that Madoka (having the ability to see the past and future) knew what Kyubey was up to, and knew what was going to happen with the barrier, hence the plan with Nagisa and Sayaka.

The fact there are familiars in Homura's new world seems to be either an influence from turning witch, or the fact that this new world is unstable, because Madoka's world never had familiars, but then again, she didn't become witch before becoming Mado-God...

Anyway, that conversation with Homura telling Sayaka that they can be enemies after the maju are gone is interesting... And sounds like a stalemate, because realistically speaking "The world is full of misery and despair", so those maju won't dissapear, and yeah right Sayaka will be able to fight Homura. Sounds like Homura is just poking fun at her.

As for Madoka, she still has her "God" nature, so there are some things Homura couldn't undo. I mean, Kyubey said Madoka would have the ability to change Sayaka back to being human easily in episode 9, but Homura couldn't do that with Madoka. So perhaps that means that in essence, Madoka is actually stronger than Homura? Unless, for Homura's plan to work or this new world to work, Madoka can't become completely human...

I still hope that this is all part of a grand master plan on Homura's part and isn't completely evil... I wonder what she still needs Kyubey for though... Is he still needed for the ability to contract magical girls? Or to torture him... I mean, if she has the ability to re-write or suppress memories and personalities and all, she can probably enable Kyubey to experience emotion.

Also, the fact that she says to Madoka they're going to be enemies if she doesn't agree to Homura's views could be acting like during the series just to scare her, or it could be a real threat. If so, then Homura mind is completely gone because her whole purpose was to protect Madoka and "power of love" stuff. So why would she become enemies with the one person she risked everything for?

At the end of the day, despite who's fault it is, Homura was destined to become "bad"... Thanks alot scriptwriters or was it the director? But since it was only done as a means to continue the series, then whether Homura stays that way remains to be seen. (Weird earring though....ugh )
sailorcrisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka