AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-24, 00:22   Link #4141
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Hiss, you're scaring me. What are you imagining!?

I think the next volume will be a bit of a break. Kind of like NT2.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:25   Link #4142
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

/sigh @ Chosen_Hero I don't know where you come up with these things but w/e, Instead of further derailing of the thread I'd much rather discuss it in PM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I wonder if we'll have an "Oh crap, shit's got real!" moment in NT11 all of a sudden...Then again, NT11 might just be a break and shit might start to get real again in NT12...Hopefully Kamachi gives us something interesting next volume.
I'm of the opinion/thought of actually a breather(filler but not really one) volume for NT11, at least for the first half first quarter or w/e fraction of it, it's been quiet busy the last few volumes lol Touma's got to rest!(although I'd like the volume to continue with him still) so to your latter point I agree with. But that's not really NT10 thread material right? lol

Ok so... I have a little beef with the afterword; The series would be over when Touma doesn't need to think about it when fighting normal fights. but what ever. O.o

So who thinks the eye was just a Red Herring?
As for speculation for future novels (OT I know) I think it'll actually be uhhh Chevok's gun? or w/e (It'll come back for some plot point in the future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
After reading for the 3rd time, i found something interesting in the last part.

Under his pillow? Why would othinus hide in there?
Let me correct it a little, Why would a person like othinus (who is prideful and arrogant) need to hide herself when touma is starting to wake up?
Unless she do something to touma before he regain his consciousness?

Maybe she feels guilty? to soon to tell but speculation is always nice.
anyway's I'm really looking forward to the future of Othinus and Touma, and I guess reluctantly Index when the time comes if so it ever happens, I remember watching the NT9 MAD and it was create vs break I lol'd
because it's speaks a lot in some context's, that somewhat phrasing was used in this Novel so I felt bring it up again was appropriate.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2014-05-24 at 00:38.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:35   Link #4143
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Hiss, you're scaring me. What are you imagining!?

I think the next volume will be a bit of a break. Kind of like NT2.
And this time, Othinu- I mean Othi-chan will be the one doing the explaining while Touma is being dragged by Leivinia and Lessar to the beach for their vacation/escape/hiding plan.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:40   Link #4144
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Levinia in a swimsuit is okay with me.
Old 2014-05-24, 00:45   Link #4145
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Levinia in a swimsuit is okay with me.
So you like A-cup? lol :P I'm not opposed to it lol we got teased in NT8 with the girls.
With her body it's pretty close calling it a loli. Even Kamachi regrets not putting her in a magic god outfit, of course would that mean it implies the same reasoning as Othinus's outfit?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-24, 00:55   Link #4146
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
So you like A-cup? lol :P I'm not opposed to it lol we got teased in NT8 with the girls.
With her body it's pretty close calling it a loli. Even Kamachi regrets not putting her in a magic god outfit, of course would that mean it implies the same reasoning as Othinus's outfit?
Kamachi and Haimura seem to have formed a blonde pseudo-loli loving duo. I cannot oppose it!

and that was such a missed opportunity. But she was cute in that coat of hers.
Old 2014-05-24, 01:01   Link #4147
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
After reading for the 3rd time, i found something interesting in the last part.

Under his pillow? Why would othinus hide in there?
Let me correct it a little, Why would a person like othinus (who is prideful and arrogant) need to hide herself when touma is starting to wake up?
Unless she do something to touma before he regain his consciousness?
my question is actually differents, was she there from the start, does it mean she stay with him ever since the time with the judgement, was she actually sleep there until he wake up ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 01:17   Link #4148
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
my question is actually differents, was she there from the start, does it mean she stay with him ever since the time with the judgement, was she actually sleep there until he wake up ???
I thought she was sleeping under there. Small bodied animals tend to get cold fast, especially since she has her sense of hot and cold back presumably. So I figured she just slipped into there since it was cold and went to sleep. Then everyone moving around and talking woke her up so she crawled out and got on top of the pillow. That's just how I read the situation.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 01:26   Link #4149
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

To make sure though. She was in Touma's pocket or something the entire time after he fainted in Denmark, right?
Old 2014-05-24, 01:28   Link #4150
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
To make sure though. She was in Touma's pocket or something the entire time after he fainted in Denmark, right?
After she talked to the world leaders with the Soldier helping? who knows, it was vague.

Old 2014-05-24, 01:30   Link #4151
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Hmm... It's like the only thing I can think of for her to be right by him in the hospital.
Old 2014-05-24, 02:28   Link #4152
kazzuya13

Let me clarify things.
Spoiler for Othinus:
Old 2014-05-24, 03:57   Link #4153
hamazura
whatever

after so much skip and yawning, i finally finished reading this boring volume...
the first chapter with light dialogue between touma-othinus and accelerator is fine, i cant just take the rest. the 'battle' itself seems not like a 'battle' and half-assed. the most real battle maybe against marian, but even so i generally dont like any touma fight with his stupid justice and nonsense kind of logic in his damaged brain. so thor vs gremlin behind the scene is even more interesting than any battle here

othinus herself not really charming character, not enough dialogue and screentime. only during prolog and epilog, she just a useless princess peach in the entire volume. the best this volume can give is only our dear supreme leader Roberto Katze, and maybe Aleister appearance... but kinda confused with that, can someone explain what did aleister and the mysterious 'gremlin' talking about?

even though othinus is nothing special, i do think she is better than index (of course, index is definitely worst character ever exist so anyone is better than her) as touma's partner. maybe next volume touma and othinus will become partner like this :

anyway science side when? any science vs science / magic vs magic / magic vs science is definitely more interesting than touma vs anything.

3/10 would not read again
Old 2014-05-24, 04:16   Link #4154
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Surely didn't expect someone to dislike the volume.

But about Othinus. Now she's with Touma. She knows a lot, about a lot of things. Will Index totally useless from now on ?
Old 2014-05-24, 05:05   Link #4155
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post

But about Othinus. Now she's with Touma. She knows a lot, about a lot of things. Will Index totally useless from now on ?
he's always like that, give him a hamazura volume and it will be 10.

Actually , this is speculate by many fans and general consensus is either Index or Othinus reduced to a full time pet( highly Index since she express behaviour of one) or Othinus become active as Touma's sidekick.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 05:12   Link #4156
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post

im just touma's personal hater, and too much touma, so...
vol.9 is deifnitely my favorite because touma... yeah.
Old 2014-05-24, 05:31   Link #4157
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Let me clarify things.
Spoiler for Othinus:
She is still a magic god (1 percent of a magic god) but, since she lost all her powers, it's debatable that she can regain them, because if she did it would make her punishment meaningless. Also when Kamachi cripples you he means it and I thought it sounded like they wanted him to get better.
Old 2014-05-24, 07:03   Link #4158
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I now finished, a good book, with a ridiculously stupid end, Kamachi was really serious? mean he does not take seriously what he writes? if was Othinus to stay alive, he could not with all their his creativity to find something less stupid?

frankly, Kamachi, you're better than that.

5/10

if had something really good volume, it was Kamijou Touma, beat an enemy as Thor without even lay a finger on him? this is something bigger than a badass powerless as Hamazura ever made.

Last edited by Acer; 2014-05-24 at 07:22.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 07:31   Link #4159
lolzorz

I'm just waiting for the moment where, in the next few volumes, it will be revealed that Othinus was chibified for a highly important and plot relevant reason which none of us could ever have dreamed about in a million years.

And then we'll all go, "Ohhhhhhhh. Kamachi, you are a freaking genius."

Of course, it could all just be my wishful thinking, but I honestly wouldn't be all too surprised if that happened.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 08:12   Link #4160
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Let me clarify things.
Spoiler for Othinus:
It's the other way around, they don't wanna kill her because it would cause unnecessary changes to Touma.

Tags
boss rush, denmark