AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-24, 08:18   Link #4161
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

hamazura disliked the volume.

What a surprise.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:32   Link #4162
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It's the other way around, they don't wanna kill her because it would cause unnecessary changes to Touma.
unnecassary changes? Maybe like:
Doesnt save everyone anymore because he looks at the bigger picture?
I think THIS would make touma interesting, can anyone tell me what exactly was changed by touma? between pre-Vol.9 and past-(during)Vol.10?
he seems to be the same like always except for his slighty more violent fighting style + jokes
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:33   Link #4163
Ladiusman

Hello y'all! New here and so not much to say haha.

So, Index NT Vol 10. Man, that was one hell of a ride. Not much to say since all of you already said what already needs to be said. Personally if a novel can keep me engrossed from start to finish it gets a 10 in my book.

And damn...onemangaforums.com reaaallly hate this volume and pretty much the second half of the Old Testament as well as NT. But seriously, shitting on NT9 (not to mention saying it's on the same level of NT7? Wtf)?! Lololol you're dead to me onemangaforums.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:36   Link #4164
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It's the other way around, they don't wanna kill her because it would cause unnecessary changes to Touma.
Well, before the hospital scene Touma thought she was dead and didn't look like he had a change on him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:40   Link #4165
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
unnecassary changes? Maybe like:
Doesnt save everyone anymore because he looks at the bigger picture?
I think THIS would make touma interesting, can anyone tell me what exactly was changed by touma? between pre-Vol.9 and past-(during)Vol.10?
he seems to be the same like always except for his slighty more violent fighting style + jokes
if anus-chan's death can change touma's non-sense twisted justice and logic of his rotten brain, i dont mind her dying...
Old 2014-05-24, 09:48   Link #4166
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
if anus-chan's death can change touma's non-sense twisted justice and logic of his rotten brain, i dont mind her dying...
Can you stop shitposting? You can say the exact same thing without trying to be as offensive as possible, you're just trying too hard to be edgy.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:56   Link #4167
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
How is it twisted justice and the logic of his rotten brain? He didn't want to see a world kill a single girl just to sedate a mass mob basically.
I think your just hating to hate while you provide no evidence to support your claims.
Your favoritism is getting the best of you and your bias, Sure your free to hold your hold opinion but being a blind hater just makes you look childish.
I can throw it right back at you and say you have a non-sense twisted outlook with that logic of yours but whatever. Like I said your free to have your own opinion.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:04   Link #4168
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Can you stop shitposting? You can say the exact same thing without trying to be as offensive as possible, you're just trying too hard to be edgy.
You seem to be misunderstanding something; that's a normal post from him.
Old 2014-05-24, 10:10   Link #4169
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Well, before the hospital scene Touma thought she was dead and didn't look like he had a change on him.
some people interpret this scene of a way differently, but that does not matter now, whether or not there would be an interesting development for Touma. Kamachi destroyed this perfect chance for a bad joke.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:12   Link #4170
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
You seem to be making a mistake. That's a normal post from him.
A normal post from hamazura make the worst posts from Level7 look decent for a fanboy. At least his reason makes sense sometimes.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:30   Link #4171
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
One thing I noticed that he emphasized that his right hand can only destroy in that chapter.

Then again, we don't need to think that the only possibility left for him if Othinus died is that he will become something like Kerry; he might've gone into brooding state and will have doubts whether he can truly save a person or not. If he refused to save someone, by taking Thor's metaphor, he wouldn't get any 'exp' and it's probably also something that the gods don't want.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:46   Link #4172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Everyone is allow their opinions of course, but if someone is flamebaiting to get a rise out of people you can always report them to the mods and let them handle it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:08   Link #4173
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
One thing I noticed that he emphasized that his right hand can only destroy in that chapter.

Then again, we don't need to think that the only possibility left for him if Othinus died is that he will become something like Kerry; he might've gone into brooding state and will have doubts whether he can truly save a person or not. If he refused to save someone, by taking Thor's metaphor, he wouldn't get any 'exp' and it's probably also something that the gods don't want.
He already said that on NT9.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:13   Link #4174
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
A normal post from hamazura make the worst posts from Level7 look decent for a fanboy. At least his reason makes sense most of the time
Fixed it for you
Old 2014-05-24, 11:16   Link #4175
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Now, now, LevelSeven. Don't let your personal bias cloud your judgement.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:22   Link #4176
WiliamZ0

Hamazura make the most annoying Level7 that we all hate, became better liked
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:23   Link #4177
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^
Now, now, LevelSeven. Don't let your personal bias cloud your judgement.

i think

i judged a bit to easy, it should be: 99% of the time

Quote:
Hamazura make the most annoying Level7 that we all hate, became better liked
was this sarcasm?
"That WE ALL hate"? seriously? HATE
Old 2014-05-24, 11:26   Link #4178
WiliamZ0

Quote:

i think

i judged a bit to easy, it should be: 99% of the time
I hate to admit it, but ... I agree with you.

Is the world gonna end

Quote:
was this sarcasm?
"That WE ALL hate"? seriously? HATE
Hate is kinda strong word, You not that level yet ... but you pissing me off most of the times XD
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:32   Link #4179
hamazura
whatever

relax, slow down bro, im only here for 2 or 3 days every 4 months.
i think its time, cya in next volume
Old 2014-05-24, 11:40   Link #4180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

With exams over and a long train journey up north I've finally got around to reading NT10, so far I've cleared up to Fury of Two Billion.

- It's been awhile since we got introduced to a new Academy City superweapon, and a planetary space cannon fit the bill perfectly. I was expecting a "Rod from God" weapon sooner or later, but this was even more exotic by using water as an ammunition but more importantly as a "drop-pod" system. And what's with Directors using Middle school girls as their secret weapon?

- The first straight up battle between Accelerator and Kamijou, I thought it was slightly amusing that Kamijou was shocked/surprised that Accelerator could "take more damage" now Accelerator himself I'll acknowledge that he might finally have grown out of his fascination with Kamijou and became his own hero, which is why he's not the rival anymore and the last battle is reversed for Thor

- I completely accept the conclusion of that battle as well, people might say he wasn't serious because of the conversation that happened afterwards, but during that final move he definitely wasn't planning to stop and fake out so I would still count it as a win for a proper fight.

- This certainly feels like a road trip across Denmark, there's so many exposition about the place that you would think he's describing a fictional far away kingdom, again I wonder what are the people's impression of that place, to the point that Kamachi used Kamijou as a proxy and having him say "I won't be surprised if it reads herbs or potions"

- The fight with the Agnese faction... It's okay I guess, wasn't really a fan of this group to begin with so I had no expectations. I was surprised that Kamijou even confided 50% of the truth to her of all people, wasn't expecting that.

- Kamijou and Othinus do have some fun banter, but at the moment I don't see the OTP-ness that people were praising. It just seems normal to me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark