AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-26, 09:01   Link #141
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Why have people already voted and judged the arc before we have read the actual chapter? I mean it may still end up disappointing but shouldn't we show courtesy and read before judging?
Old 2014-05-26, 11:05   Link #142
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Why have people already voted and judged the arc before we have read the actual chapter? I mean it may still end up disappointing but shouldn't we show courtesy and read before judging?
As for me, I always give it a 10 because I give him the benefit of the doubt, and because I pretty much like everything he writes anyway... So I don't really see the problem lol in that case... Since I'm sure I will at least give it a 10/10. I just like this series too much.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 11:25   Link #143
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
As for me, I always give it a 10 because I give him the benefit of the doubt, and because I pretty much like everything he writes anyway... So I don't really see the problem lol in that case... Since I'm sure I will at least give it a 10/10. I just like this series too much.
Sometimes liking a series to much will hinder your ability to criticize the work.
But I understand where your coming from, this series is your average material.
On topic of this arc, I'm liking that it has is setting within the Daihasei, I felt within the Light Novel skipping over the majority of it was a curse instead of a blessing. My reason being is that when will there another setting like this within the story where we can actually see the events, setting as imaging is better than show.
This arc of the Railgun side we had gotten to know more about lvl5 #5 Misaki and what drives her. (At this moment I am currently hindered in remembering everything I have to re-read it but I know a bit of the jist of it).

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 11:58   Link #144
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Welcome to the ToAru-verse fandom. This should be par for the course at this point. I'm wondering why you're so surprised at how everyone is acting.
Old 2014-05-26, 14:01   Link #145
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Well this latest chapter is the epilogue, the main course is finished. Also, I'm basing my score based on the assumption that this chapter is good, and having realistic expectations for the epilogue.
Old 2014-05-26, 14:07   Link #146
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Nothing's going to change that horrendous pacing which is the sole reason I didn't like it as much.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 15:19   Link #147
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Nothing's going to change that horrendous pacing which is the sole reason I didn't like it as much.
I generally don't let the speed of release of a manga affects the rating I give them. Otherwise I would dislike all monthly mangas. Of course not everyone have the time, nor like something enough to do it, but I generally find a good idea to go and reread the arc after it ends to see how the actual pace of the story goes, not affected by release pace.
Old 2014-05-27, 02:18   Link #148
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Edit:

I'm putting my edit first since I think it's more interesting than my original post lol.

Now that Gunha looked into what happens when Touma's arm is cut-off, won't that make him a possible target of Aleister, and others, since he apparently saw the whole scene with the dragon and the arm being cut-off... It makes me wonder if indeed Gunha might get involved in things more eventually...? Time-line wise just wondering, how close is it to this point in time when Ollerus tells Aleister to back off from the gemstones...? Could it perhaps be near the time when the next arc ends...? That would be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I generally don't let the speed of release of a manga affects the rating I give them. Otherwise I would dislike all monthly mangas. Of course not everyone have the time, nor like something enough to do it, but I generally find a good idea to go and reread the arc after it ends to see how the actual pace of the story goes, not affected by release pace.
I think he meant that the chapters were a bit short, and that moreover it took a while for things to pick up.

While it is true that after an arc finishes you can always re-read it and judge it that way, to see whether you liked it or not. For many people, if something develops too slowly, then they won't be interested long enough to follow it. That has happened to me with some things, and even though I'll go back to them eventually, that's really only if someone reminds me to...

I didn't really mind because I had way too many other things to do, and barely had time to read it.

Last edited by dniv; 2014-05-27 at 04:46.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:42   Link #149
Acer
Death to the infidels!

summary: http://beatarai.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-3147.html.

Quote:
Now that Gunha looked into what happens when Touma's arm is cut-off, won't that make him a possible target of Aleister, and others, since he apparently saw the whole scene with the dragon and the arm being cut-off... It makes me wonder if indeed Gunha might get involved in things more eventually...?
Spoiler for Index side:
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 13:14   Link #150
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Well full chapter is out and my opinion remains static...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I think he meant that the chapters were a bit short, and that moreover it took a while for things to pick up.

While it is true that after an arc finishes you can always re-read it and judge it that way, to see whether you liked it or not. For many people, if something develops too slowly, then they won't be interested long enough to follow it. That has happened to me with some things, and even though I'll go back to them eventually, that's really only if someone reminds me to...

I didn't really mind because I had way too many other things to do, and barely had time to read it.
yeah, that's what I meant.
Old 2014-05-27, 13:24   Link #151
Acer
Death to the infidels!

chinese version or raw?
Old 2014-05-27, 13:33   Link #152
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Chinese ver.
Old 2014-05-27, 14:21   Link #153
Acer
Death to the infidels!

a typical chapter to make some (many) people mistakenly think that this is a "real" couple. I will vote now.
Old 2014-05-27, 14:26   Link #154
45darkrai

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Discussion / Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Chinese ver.
What site is the chapter out on to read?
45darkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 14:50   Link #155
zaeraal

Got to read the chinese chapter and the spoilers were real.
Sigh.. the only difference from my previous opinion is that we got to see some cute scenes, otherwise it is horrible ending.

Mitori didn't even appeared, Misaki got away like nothing,
Sister healed offscreen, Kongo healed offscreen,
Gunha gone, Xochitl gone, shadow metal gone,
Gensei gone, Aleister did nothing..
Heck, even Touma didn't forgot about the events making it non-canon.

Its very sad.
The only ones that got an ending were Mikoto and Touma.
Even Saten-Touma meeting ended up as a filler to promote their "couple status".

But worst of all, the thing I will not forgive Kamachi, is erasing the memories of Kuroko, Uiharu and Saten again.
They didn't knew anything they should not and they had only minimal amount of character progress.
All the time they were just doing their best to support Mikoto even without their memories.

And yet he erased it all even though he could have easily avoided it (Touma).
Its like they never did anything, like it was completly irrelevant.
Every single chance they had to make a character progress or to get involved with future plot is gone.

For me, it was like he killed them.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 15:30   Link #156
Acer
Death to the infidels!

well, absolutely would have been interesting if Saten had descoberdo the secret about the sisters.

Quote:
For me, it was like he killed them.
it's worst.
Old 2014-05-27, 15:51   Link #157
LazyHunter

Despite the pacing issues I liked this arc. Ending it like this is a bit disappointing and leaves a lot of questions unanswered to go back to the satus quo. Hopefully the next arc gives us a little more info on things like shadow metal and follows Misaki and Mitori alliance.

It really bothers me that Kamachi went by the "Misaki erases everyone memories of the incident" route since it's seems like a cop-out. Don't even let me start on the missed oportunities of Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko (without memories) meeting Touma, which could have been used more (though with the pacing we have I understand sticking only to essential things).

7/10 for a somewhat lackluster ending.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 19:24   Link #158
mark1246

hehehehehHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA ok people, read the chapter 3 times to absorb every detail in the chapter (and yes, it freaking 20pages......i swear to god, with your 3month break you better make a 60pg chapter in the October issue!) eh it was ok ending, stuff with misaki stuff will be cover in the filler arc in railgun season3 , lot of stuff got cop out, but hey it a manga, not light novel were you got the excuse to to cover a lot! 7/10 for me too, wish for more fight scene with the level 6 misaka.

NOW THE THING THAT made this chapter, when you guys get the chapter or seen the chinese scan, go to pg 17 or 18 (to be precise it the second page were misaka and touma are dancing). Now the page has 3 panel on the top, go the the far left and spot the easter egg couple in the back, guess who it is cause it made me laugh so hard when i remember . I still can't believe they got in. >.< you guys remember who it is
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 19:46   Link #159
Miraluka
Banned

^
You mean the girl dancing with a guy? I'm not sure that's Kongo, that girl has twin tails.

*3 months later*

>19-20 pages chapter.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-05-27 at 20:18.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 20:14   Link #160
GDB

Nah, he's gotta introduce a new arc. It'll be at least 24 pages.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote