AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-30, 00:23   Link #21
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
A teacher will never downgrade a student for anything outside of school/class work. so if you were to see him at albertsons and hit him with a brick, it cant effect your grade. what happens in school, stays in school.
Sure they will. I've had teachers give me lower grades than I deserved because they didn't like me, though I don't think that's exactly what you mean... Anyway, what did I do about it, I worked harder until they had to give me the A. The issue isn't whether or not this girl deserved the B, but how she reacted to them. Instead of talking to the teacher and making a case on why she deserved the A, she whined to her parents who in turn sued. How can an education system exist if teachers have to worry about being sued if they give a kid a bad grade? This sets a very bad precedent.
Old 2004-03-30, 01:41   Link #22
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I'm not disputing his points of view or his arguments, I just think he should stfu. Grrrrr!
And I didn't post about him to dispute what you had said either! ....bc you didn't say anything except that he should stfu and...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I had tests in grade school that were harder than the SAT II, and what of that? He did provide an interesting alternate way of looking at the issue, as well as some much-needed background to the case, but I still think he should stfu. I don't like him, grrr grrrrrr!! (Why am i so cranky today? )
............you're still not saying anything except that he should stfu.

you need a drink.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 01:45   Link #23
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Sure they will. I've had teachers give me lower grades than I deserved because they didn't like me, though I don't think that's exactly what you mean... Anyway, what did I do about it, I worked harder until they had to give me the A. The issue isn't whether or not this girl deserved the B, but how she reacted to them. Instead of talking to the teacher and making a case on why she deserved the A, she whined to her parents who in turn sued. How can an education system exist if teachers have to worry about being sued if they give a kid a bad grade? This sets a very bad precedent.
Id have to agree with you, and its destroying the childs future for giving him/her a lower grade than the student deserves, its like toying with a bug before you kill it.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 02:11   Link #24
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I....think I'm going to stay out of this one and watch this thread from afar. But I'll just say I know that its hard to kiss perfection good-bye, but everyone has to learn to do it sometime. And after reading the initial article I have a much more negative stance towards the parents than the girl herself. No one mentioned what the girl did/felt, just how the parents went on a bitchy rampage. I hate over-protective parents. Seriously, let your kids grow up. She's old enough to wipe her own ass now. And I felt that Zoro's friend was just a cocky SOB from what he said, but I don't know the guy so that's just what I got from his statement. I think he should mind his own damn business if all he's going to do is insult the poor girl some more.

(damn, somehow I ended up saying a lot more than I planned)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 07:09   Link #25
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
O.o ... some people sure can overdo it.. i don't know too much about that schooling system, since i live in germany .. but ... i never had any good grades ... i barely raised my grades so i got on the next school ... but heck .. those people are just overdoing it... i doubt she will be a live-long failure just because she doesn't has her 2 A's ... really ... as said, it sounds like someone is a very big crybaby there ... most likely her parents...

I've never been anywhere close to be perfect, so i don't really care ... and i'm way too lazy to get only good grades ... i waste my time with other stuff then studiing ... i just study how much it is necesarry ... and i'm like the middle of my class ... not very bad, but not very good either ... so yah ... i think that's fine...

But it also seems like her parents are putting way to much expections in her, and stress her very much, thats what i think... she must be havin a though live with parents like that ... lecturing her for hours and hours that she has to get of her B's and stuff like that ... they are simply ... overdoing it...
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 11:39   Link #26
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I....think I'm going to stay out of this one and watch this thread from afar. But I'll just say I know that its hard to kiss perfection good-bye, but everyone has to learn to do it sometime. And after reading the initial article I have a much more negative stance towards the parents than the girl herself. No one mentioned what the girl did/felt, just how the parents went on a bitchy rampage. I hate over-protective parents. Seriously, let your kids grow up. She's old enough to wipe her own ass now. And I felt that Zoro's friend was just a cocky SOB from what he said, but I don't know the guy so that's just what I got from his statement. I think he should mind his own damn business if all he's going to do is insult the poor girl some more.

(damn, somehow I ended up saying a lot more than I planned)
hes actually advocating the opinions of the majority of this school.

i do believe the grl herself complained quite a lot.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 12:57   Link #27
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Sure there was a cocky tone to his statement, I'll agree to that. But if he really had to edit some fairly basic grammatical errors it shows her writing skills are not all there. then this girl does deserve a B in a class that they said was primarily essays. Now I'm not a writer , but I've read papers before from 4.0 students and they are not golden. Most of the time they are simply longer, with extra content in there that really doesn't support their thesis. Many teachers look for effort and completion and base a majority of the grade on that. Now if a teacher suddenly appears and decides that the student's writing is lacking and grades according to that, it doesn't mean the grade was unfair. It just shows the teacher is somewhat of a hardass.

Now people are saying this girl has nothing to do with it and it's her crazy parents pushing this thing, but I don't buy that. If the girl didn't insist herself that the teacher was unfair to her and made a big deal of it at home, the case wouldn't get this big and envolve so many people. No matter how crazy her parents are, if she herself admitted that the grade may have been fair, they would no longer have a valid enough reason for action.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 18:46   Link #28
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
My verdict: tough shit. if the teacher just did it too piss you off? then that is what he did. too bad for you. appealing to a court for grades is just bullshit.

The parents are concerned with her valedictorian status: if you are complaining about the lack of that particular title, i will laugh as life kicks her in the ass...

no sympathy here.

if the GIRL is part of the reason her parents flipped out, (IE: she said the teacher was bad incompetent ect. for her getting bad grades)... then she earns my utter disrespect.

it is sad that people actually think before throwing these things out of (any) court.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 20:24   Link #29
Dandigirl
Still too vain

If she submitted B quality work, then she should get a B. Plain and simple. Just because that's not what she wants, doesn't mean that it should be changed.
Dandigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 03:57   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

the question is: what did the other kids in her class get?
Old 2004-03-31, 11:04   Link #31
Shift_

This thread is halarious.

I personally think the girl is stupid. This is life, it's NOT FAIR.

It's only highschool...live with it.

In the long run, highschool means jack diddly squat, ooooo she has VD status, whoopde doo. When you go out in the real world, no one cars about your High school marks, no one cares what you did in highschool.

It's all about University, and that's only in the later years when you get your FIRST degree

What is she gonna do when she's in university and she doesn't get an a+ is she gonna go bitch too? seriously.

I for one thinks, no matter how well she does in High school if that's how she is and if that's how her parents are gonna push her. I hope her parents are extremely well off and own a business, so she can inherit it, because with that kind of attitude, I doubt she can get a good job.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 12:02   Link #32
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
When you go out in the real world, no one cars about your High school marks, no one cares what you did in highschool.

err... some people do... police... mental institutions... employers...

they dont like it when you kill people *evil crazed look*
Old 2004-03-31, 15:45   Link #33
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Zoros friend = the truth.

A guy who is the school editor of a newspaper with a perfect writing score on the SATs has way more weight in whats he saying. They should of just picked a random B paper and compared it with the A paper, imo its stupid crap like that, thats wasting tax payer money, and flooding the legal system. If I were said student, and I sincerely felt "ripped off" I would do everything I can do to "fix" it before getting it dragged into court, but the way it seems is as if she didn't even speak to the teacher or anyone else and just went straight to her parents which went straight to court, and that = a punch in the face.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 22:15   Link #34
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Huh???? Okay. Nobody is perfect. She/her parents need lives. hobobaggins is right when asking "what did the other students get?" Life sucks, deal with it. Finally...learn from you mistakes so that you "hopefully" will not repeat them. Can't wait to see what happens if she happens to get a C. Maybe she'll dropout and become a prostitute for a pimp named Cecil who calls himself Rick James. Living the nightlife. Get a tatoo of the paper that ruined her life on her back. Marry some biker named Gator down the road and have 4 potbellied kids. Hehe...I'm stopping here b/c I can go on with this.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:01   Link #35
mikeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Sure, go watch the movie version of this post by going to

www.readingisgoodforyou.com

Although I agree with most of you that going through all that trouble to change a B or 2 to an A is extreme but... you have to admit... 4.0 GPA sounds alot better than 3.89 GPA .

a 4.85 sounds even better thats what our valdectorian got. Course it's a weighted gpa from her 3 and a half years at our school. And Most likely those 2 B's would not mean a whole much when her grades are averaged out
mikeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:13   Link #36
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
a 4.85 sounds even better thats what our valdectorian got. Course it's a weighted gpa from her 3 and a half years at our school. And Most likely those 2 B's would not mean a whole much when her grades are averaged out
Those two B's will matter when you are competing with others who got A's.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:37   Link #37
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
4.85 is not even possible at our school. we get like .05 more points for AP and honors. luckly colleges look at it differently than our school does.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:39   Link #38
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

i think we get .5 for AP and .25 for honors

sladextekno... you are one sick dude.