AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 00:47   Link #481
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Yay, new chapter. Hell of a fight for '#1'.

Something about the way Baby B looked at the end rubs me kinda wrong. Doesn't seem right.

And another week to wait on this cliffhanger damnit.
Old 2009-08-24, 02:46   Link #482
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Toujou's one ugly mofo. This is really a mystery right now, what the heck is going on? And even his subordinate is stronger than Oga... ??? It's more like Oga got weaker himself or something. And next chapter is not even a fight, it's a murder. Oga is really helpless atm for god knows what reason. And I don't want to see Hilda on Toujou's side... damn it.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 02:47   Link #483
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Baby B is obviously in a trance, im willing to bet baby b is going to come to his senses later in the fight and change sides.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 03:07   Link #484
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah Baby B still looks sick, fever induced switch of sides...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 04:59   Link #485
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Things don't look good for Toujou

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 05:19   Link #486
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
I hope that is only the fever the problem, cause Oga without Baby B. isn't a bit strange
For Toujou's subordinate i think that is really strong, but probably cause the others on the school are really weak, so probably Oga strenght is k
Old 2009-08-24, 05:44   Link #487
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Toujou's one ugly mofo. This is really a mystery right now, what the heck is going on? And even his subordinate is stronger than Oga... ??? It's more like Oga got weaker himself or something. And next chapter is not even a fight, it's a murder. Oga is really helpless atm for god knows what reason. And I don't want to see Hilda on Toujou's side... damn it.
I don't think oga is getting weaker, its just that his enemies now are uber strong.

I'm also guessing Hilda is the one who sent babyb el to Tojou, since it's impossible for baby el to move with his current condition.

yeah, its more like murder than a fight, but its nice to see Oga getting down for once XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Things don't look good for Toujou
You mean Oga
Old 2009-08-24, 05:53   Link #488
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I just hope that Oga manages to beat Toujou (not necessarily in next chap) without the baby rather then because baby returned to him.
Old 2009-08-24, 09:56   Link #489
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I just hope that Oga manages to beat Toujou (not necessarily in next chap) without the baby rather then because baby returned to him.
I'd rather see him lose for once and then come back and win without baby beel.

Well it was said that he could draw the power from Baby beel even while not directly touching him, so its possible at one point he could draw the power without baby beel or even hilda realizing it or some crazy shounen mumbo jumbo.

I believe Toujou will win this time.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:56   Link #490
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I don't think oga is getting weaker, its just that his enemies now are uber strong.

I'm also guessing Hilda is the one who sent babyb el to Tojou, since it's impossible for baby el to move with his current condition.

yeah, its more like murder than a fight, but its nice to see Oga getting down for once XD

You mean Oga
No, I mean Toujou. He's pretty much just assured he's not going to win

Old 2009-08-25, 02:12   Link #491
zibi88

I was wondering what if Oga becomed weaker becouse of baby bl influance.... like baby bl is sick so oga becomes weaker too (from his normal strenght)

Anyway I see that Hilda might appear and Furuichi will jump in and yell on her why did she done this....... Oga might lose now maybe hilda will see him trying his best and start to wonder more about herself and with who she wants to spend time..... with those brutes or in ogas home where is his nice sister & family ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 03:20   Link #492
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

That'd be way too sappy to be what Hilda would think.

Old 2009-08-25, 03:39   Link #493
Johnny
Working the bags...

I doubt Hilda gave Baby El to Toujou, the little man has wandered off on his own before. If she was anywhere she would be standing with Toujou and Baby El. I assume she's after some sort of medicine for Baby El. She's not the sappy type like evil said above, and her loyalty is to Baby El...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:26   Link #494
Cinocard

Quote:
If she was anywhere she would be standing with Toujou and Baby E
If she's indeed there, she may just very well sit high on a tree and watch the fight from afar. Like how she always does.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 11:29   Link #495
sumowow

You know something i completely forgot about Oga's female ally, Kushieda or whatever her name was. She'll probably pop-up during the fight with Oga and Toujou or maybe she'll appear after the fight is over or something.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:12   Link #496
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And you completely forgot that if the baby cries, Toujou's screwed big time...Oga could also try the 15m distance thing
But since he's in a trance atm it might as well not work...what about tossing Toujou in the river and baby vapourizing all of it? xD
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 17:29   Link #497
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

could be twins?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 07:47   Link #498
joshualimm

Can't say that I called it (before the pool chapter), but close enough to my initial prediction. Baby Bel is with the bad guy, Oga is weak, and Hilda probably had something to do with it. This is PRECISELY the kind of development that I DIDN'T want (Oga having to fight to get baby Bel back).

sigh...

I'd rather see them in combo, than separated. Hate this hate this hate this... lol.

So let's see... next up:

Short version (what I'd expect):
1. Oga is gonna get his ass handed back to him
2. Someone might appear to help (kushieda?)
3. Hilda will finally make an appearance to explain how baby bel ended up with Toujou
4. More dragging on and on
5. Just before Oga gets snuffed, he finally "reconnects" with baby Bel (perhaps via one of those macho "As long as you're happy" speech), giving us a Deus Ex ending to the arc
6. Hilda angrily says that while she doubt/won't acknowledge Oga's skills, she'll respect baby Bel's wishes.

Longer version (possible, though I really REALLY hope will not happen):
1. Oga gets buried several feet underground. Fight ends
2. Oga goes back to school next day, target practice for the other delinquents he beaten before
3. Oga tries to find a way to get baby Bel back.
4. Continue at point 4. above.

Shortest version (implausible)
1. Oga gets beaten a few times
2. Baby bel gets out of the trance and sticks with Oga again
3. Toujou gets beaten (in a super cool, yet hilarious way), and we can look forward to Oga facing off with demons from hell next.

Other alternatives (after this arc, by which Oga will DEFINITELY have baby Bel back)
Serious
1. Fighting increasingly more powerful demons from hell
2. Encountering other people like him (contract with demons)
3. Whole school find out about baby Bel's power, and the story spirals into "beating Oga in order to get baby Bel"

Not-so-serious
4. The melancholy of Hilda
5. A day from baby Bel's point-of-view
6. Kushieda trying to woo Oga
7. Kushieda (sees Hilda as love rival) vs Hilda (sees Kushieda as distraction for Oga)
8. I can come up with at least another 10 different arcs/plots/subplots for different themes (action, comedy, slice-of-life, etc), not to mention possible combinations and permutations (eg, just before Oga gets snuffed, he gets rescued by another demon/person who had made a contract with/knows about demons, and they try to formulate a plan to get baby B back)...but I'd rather let the manga run its own course.

Final alternative (highly, HIGHLY Implausi...actually, seeing how this is a Shounen manga, it's still pretty likely):
Baby bel will be with Toujou for a LOOONG time, and the rest (or at least, a huge portion) of the story will be about him trying to get baby bel back (see "Longer version" above)... in which case I'm dropping the series.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna put Beelzebub on hold for a while. Hopefully when I come back, there'll be enough chapters for this arc to have ended, and baby B will be back with Oga again.
joshualimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:29   Link #499
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You left out the option of Oga getting another devil-boy and have the two of them fight
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 10:59   Link #500
itachi29al

Spoiler for 26:

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence