AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 12:24   Link #6821
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
They have both, more or less, depending on the order they are from.

I remember that Dark Angels are really into banners for example. That and togas.
What does the hammer look like? Pictures? Now I have some free time I am thinking of designing a cosplay Space Marine Armor complete with the Warbanner.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:58   Link #6822
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Are we talking about hammers or banners now? (they have both )

The banner usually has some form of the orders insignia, or a reference to it's mythology. It may also contain signs of a certain chapter within the order.
There are smaller ones that are mounted on the back of the marine's armor similiar to the once japanese used in the middle ages). Or bigger ones to be carried around in hand, more alike european middle ages style.

You would want to pay attention that the colors and signs on your armor and banner match, otherwise face ridicule by certain WH40k nerds.

For picture references... there are millions of them on google search.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 11:51   Link #6823
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
They have both, more or less, depending on the order they are from.

I remember that Dark Angels are really into banners for example. That and togas.
It's dresses to you, says Lion el Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What does the hammer look like? Pictures? Now I have some free time I am thinking of designing a cosplay Space Marine Armor complete with the Warbanner.
Do Blood Angels or Grey Knights...they are the most ornamental. Or 1K Sons if you are doing Chaos Legions
Old 2013-02-27, 13:03   Link #6824
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Wearing a textile coat/toga/dress over your super heavy full body armor has a certain badass style to it IMO.
Think Broken Blade knights.

It's also a nice way to go easy on the armor detail and cover up any screw ups without looking cheap when doing cosplay. *hint hint*
Old 2013-02-27, 13:08   Link #6825
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True...in this case though, he could do an Inquisitor in power armour as well
Old 2013-02-27, 16:16   Link #6826
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I encountered this awesome power armor on GamesCom 2011.

That thing is fully mobile (all the joints seemed to be functional), has glowing red LED eyes, looks really sturdy and is huge!
I'm about 2m myself, but the guy in this thing was towering over me like a real space marine would.

After all the advice you got, I'm expecting at least that much from you, SH.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:51   Link #6827
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I want to know where I can free transportation to work as my ride won't be able to take me everyday?
Old 2013-02-27, 20:59   Link #6828
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

That thing is fully mobile (all the joints seemed to be functional), has glowing red LED eyes, looks really sturdy and is huge!
I'm about 2m myself, but the guy in this thing was towering over me like a real space marine would.

After all the advice you got, I'm expecting at least that much from you, SH.
I never understood how those ultra tall Marine suits actually moved unless the guy was 2+m tall as well...
Old 2013-02-28, 04:22   Link #6829
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I never understood how those ultra tall Marine suits actually moved unless the guy was 2+m tall as well...
Someone who has met and seen the costuming of a Master Chief cosplayer here. This guy was pushing seven feet. So yeah, as far as I know a lot of those really tall cosplay suits are often really tall people (if the boots are boot-shaped, anyhow. Otherwise they would have to rise themselves and it would be noticeable).
Old 2013-02-28, 06:28   Link #6830
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I want to know where I can free transportation to work as my ride won't be able to take me everyday?
Consider a bike? Good cardio too.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:23   Link #6831
Haiprbim
Banned

Hey.
As I have not found a better place to ask this, I'll ask it here.

1. How many chapters does one volume of a random Light Novel usually have?
2. Can a story written in one chapter of a Light Novel be compared to one episode of an Anime about the same thing? Is the lenght of what happened around the same?

Thanks.
Sorry for possible grammer mistakes, am writting this from my Nexus 4, hehe.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 23:57   Link #6832
U. N. Owen
Realistic Idealist

Is there a place on here to discuss series' which AS is not doing? Like Robotics;Notes or Maoyuu?
Old 2013-03-02, 00:24   Link #6833
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by U. N. Owen View Post
Is there a place on here to discuss series' which AS is not doing? Like Robotics;Notes or Maoyuu?
Threads for series without subforums can be found in the current(airing) series subforum or older series if it has finished.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 15:42   Link #6834
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Hey.
As I have not found a better place to ask this, I'll ask it here.

1. How many chapters does one volume of a random Light Novel usually have?
2. Can a story written in one chapter of a Light Novel be compared to one episode of an Anime about the same thing? Is the lenght of what happened around the same?

Thanks.
Sorry for possible grammer mistakes, am writting this from my Nexus 4, hehe.
1. Hmm, well it depends on how long the author makes his/her chapters...
I would like to say around seven chapters, but that's for authors who make pretty short chapters. There are other series with only 3 chapters per book, but each chapter is looong!
I think if I told you an average LN was around 200 pages, your question would be answered better?

2. This depends on other factors, mainly how much story an author likes to put in one chapter, and then how much story the anime director wants to put in one episode. This answer varies per series. One series I know (Monogatari), the animation company wanted to adapt 5 novels into 15 episodes, so each book got 2-3 episodes. Another series I know (Shakugan no Shana), the animation company took 10 eps just to explain the first two novels.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-03-02 at 16:43.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:13   Link #6835
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Oh damn. Get me one of those (preferably with actual superhuman augmentation included).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 03:54   Link #6836
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Call me an old man playing an old game but...

Can anyone teach me how to add a "bot" in Return to Castle Wolfenstein's Multiplayer? I tried doing but I can't make one... Onegai!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:53   Link #6837
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Is it allowed to use a patented brand / word on a non-profit organization or community name?

Example given:
I wanna make an online community about Gundam. While "Gundam" word is licensed by Sunrise, can i still use it as a part of community name?
Will I face a lawsuit for using that word, eventhough i operate the non-profit organization? The organization won't be engaged in trading activities.

Thanks.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:32   Link #6838
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Is it allowed to use a patented brand / word on a non-profit organization or community name?

Example given:
I wanna make an online community about Gundam. While "Gundam" word is licensed by Sunrise, can i still use it as a part of community name?
Will I face a lawsuit for using that word, eventhough i operate the non-profit organization? The organization won't be engaged in trading activities.

Thanks.
Unless it is not a registered organisation under any goverment's business registry, it is okay I think.

Or simply substitute the word "Gundam" with "mecha" to avoid frivolous copyright lawsuits.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 07:32   Link #6839
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Trademarking is the issue you would need to look up here. I don't know how things are elsewhere in the world, but in the US a company can lose their rights to a trademark if they don't aggressively defend it when someone else uses it. So you can use it, but any company with the trademark may file a legal notice if and when they find out.
Old 2013-03-13, 20:19   Link #6840
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Trademark huh?
Any good reference?

Thanks
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious