AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-17, 15:09   Link #101
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This shiz is getting interesting finally. Now I know why the Insect Hunters want to kill the Magistrate because she is an insect(?) and is the princess to the Insect Lord. I'm assuming that Giant Coccoon location is Kyoto, that's why spies sent there never return.

But look at that glasses guy(the group leader)!!! He's been hiding his power all along if he killed that brute Insect Hunter. Even the Insect Hunters are surprised! I always thought he was just a chump, but I guess never underestimate characters with closed eyelids!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 16:05   Link #102
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm assuming that Giant Coccoon location is Kyoto, that's why spies sent there never return.
Actually, I think it's Osaka Castle, which would explain Yukimura. (A little... well, as much a historical figure randomly popping up as a half-butterfly(?) mutant, more than a century after his death can be explained. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 17:07   Link #103
Enjou

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
question ....... What is jinbei
I'm presuming he's human, at least mostly. His transformation seems to have resulted from having a piece of Kuroageha's hair in his mouth from when she was carrying him. He may have something strange in his lineage that reacted to that though, rather than it being only the effects of her hair which contains who knows what kind of poisons in it.

Quote:
This shiz is getting interesting finally. Now I know why the Insect Hunters want to kill the Magistrate because she is an insect(?) and is the princess to the Insect Lord. I'm assuming that Giant Coccoon location is Kyoto, that's why spies sent there never return.
She mentions hating herself for "no longer being human" so she probably was fully human at some point, or perhaps she's half-human, and when her powers awoke she no longer considers herself as such. They also mention that she destroyed their village as a motivator for their revenge, so I'm guessing the awakening of her poison powers had some rather catastrophic results.

I think it also explains why Edo would be flattened in a day if she dies - if her father is indeed the Insect Lord, he'd destroy the city for their failure to protect his daughter.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 21:59   Link #104
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, I think it's Osaka Castle, which would explain Yukimura.
Osaka, Kyoto, pretty close, both of them.. =D

With regards to Mushibugyou-sama and Yukimura, that I'll give my input after more have been revealed about them..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:10   Link #105
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Jinbee looks far better transformed
Old 2013-06-22, 21:03   Link #106
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I always knew Jinbei's hair would come in handy. xD

And Sanada Yukimura, as some insect Lord with the voice of Suwabe Junichi?! Yes please!

I really enjoyed these last two episodes. Great transformations from both the Mushibugyou and Jinbei. I hope we get to find out exactly what happened to Jinbei before the shows over.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 09:07   Link #107
Enjou

Based on the Magistrate's question, it appears that the Insect Hunters may be more of a race than a group. Also, that lullaby Jinbei's dad sang has the same words that Mugai said when he was killing the giant beetle, so Jinbei's mom probably was indeed an Insect Hunter.

Also, lol on using a katana as a hammer.
Enjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 16:32   Link #108
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Jinbei's dad can walk, run, jump and even swim!!!!!

How can he not join the Insect Magistrate of Edo?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 16:39   Link #109
Cloudedmind

Quote:

lol No kidding right, not to mention kill a horde of insects and make a volcano erupt.

And Enjou you may be right, they do sound more like a race then a group, and good catch on the song. I thought the words seemed familiar. I find it interesting that Mugai doesn't want to tell her anything...well he is the secretive type.
Old 2013-06-24, 17:39   Link #110
kuromitsu

Excuse me while I swoon as I listen to Koyama Rikiya sing...

So, Jinbei and his dad. They're even doing the whole "love is violence" thing! xD Jinbei and Basara!Yukimura should really meet, they'd have so much to talk about. xD
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, just as I expected - whoever the "king" is (I won't be surprised if it's Toyotomi Hideyoshi resurrected as a giant spider or something) he's at Osaka Castle, and this Yukimura is leading a good old anti-Tokugawa revolt. Nice wings, by the way.

Mugai was pretty rude to the Mushibugyou, I wonder why. Well, if she's related to whoever it is in that cocoon I guess she used to be one of the ultimate bad guys, and he was supposed to kill her... but still, she's his boss now, isn't she?

Also, apparently Oharu is not a fan of underwear.

Quote:

Yeah, wasn't the entire reason for Jinbei being there that his dad is supposed to be incapacitated? If THIS is him being incapacitated I don't think I want to know what he was capable of before the incident...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-24 at 18:18.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:05   Link #111
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Jinbei's mom was probably from the insect hunter village and that explains his transformation to a degree. Though none of the insect hunters transformed during their battle. His dad certainly is fit to be a member. Figures he could only get through one technique in 3 days.
Old 2013-06-24, 19:05   Link #112
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjou View Post
Based on the Magistrate's question, it appears that the Insect Hunters may be more of a race than a group. Also, that lullaby Jinbei's dad sang has the same words that Mugai said when he was killing the giant beetle, so Jinbei's mom probably was indeed an Insect Hunter.
I'll add on my personal thoughts, since I've followed the manga for quite a long time now..

Not much has been revealed regarding the Mushikari but here's one
Spoiler for Mushikari:
Old 2013-06-25, 09:13   Link #113
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hah, I'm guessing that jinbei is insect royalty through his mother, a kind of prince of the insects, just like how the magistrate is called hime by that villain guy. if not, then he's part of the insect hunters.

notice how his father is human, and then, during the training, he casually mentions that jinbei is a fast learner because of his mom's blood.

it was also mentioned that normal humans won't transform like jinbei did even if a human somehow gets a strand of the magistrate's hair in his/her mouth.

I'm still not clear on what the relationship between the insect hunters and the magistrate is, apart from they hate each other.

that "killer of 99" person also had a mother who was considered to be somebody who can't be killed easily. I don't know if they'll go revisit that further.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 21:57   Link #114
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Father like son both of then are idiots but got to say that a very good way to train
Old 2013-06-26, 11:31   Link #115
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post

I'm still not clear on what the relationship between the insect hunters and the magistrate is, apart from they hate each other.

that "killer of 99" person also had a mother who was considered to be somebody who can't be killed easily. I don't know if they'll go revisit that further.
She were supposed massacre that village, Mugai leading insect hunters went to kill her but after they spoke he switched sides.

And if I am not mistaken It'is killer of 101 now.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:33   Link #116
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If I am not mistaken he is killere of 101 now.
According to the anime, he doesn't count that guy on the boat. :P
Old 2013-06-26, 11:36   Link #117
Tenzen12

Yes but he killed murder of his mother (killer of 100) and I think there were one in last episode as well.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:52   Link #118
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Yes but he killed murder of his mother (killer of 100) and I think there were one in last episode as well.
Hmm, I don't think he killed anyone in the last episode as it was mostly Jinbei and his dad, before that I think it was just the guy who killed his mom. He didn't kill the guy with the gun arm thing, as he got back up and kept shooting at them.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:23   Link #119
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
She were supposed massacre that village, Mugai leading insect hunters went to kill her but after they spoke he switched sides.
she was supposed to go to the village and massacre everyone, why? because they could kill insects?

she also left a few of them alive, maybe they escaped, but mugai suddenly joins her instead after setting out to kill her, why?

hmm questions we don't have answers to yet, but I'm sure it has been answered in the manga. I'd rather not be spoiled though
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 08:04   Link #120
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
hmm questions we don't have answers to yet, but I'm sure it has been answered in the manga. I'd rather not be spoiled though
Not yet.. Manga still's concluding Yukimura arc atm..

Tags
action, shounen