2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-13, 15:40   Link #101
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So Arthur's popularity bonus in Japan is offset by Gilgamesh's seniority bonus, despite his not being as popular there?

Sounds complicated.
less then US college football rankings
Old 2011-11-13, 15:56   Link #102
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Nah, Gilgamesh still gets more overall power, he's just too arrogant to make use of it. Though wonder if Final Fantasy Gilgamesh would affect HS Gilgamesh in terms of power any, he's decently popular himself.

But, random thought aside, Gilgamesh is so ancient that he's supremely powerful, most can't directly go up against him. He just happens to be the most arrogant HS of them all though, or close to it, so even if he can win, it's not in his nature to try as hard. Like his lounging around sipping on wine and not really trying too hard in the initial battle (if you can call it that) he was in.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:22   Link #103
Geburah

By the way ancient and fame bonus only gives stat boosts not NP boosts. In Gil case his strenght lies on his HAX arsenal rather than in his combat stats which are average at best due to be an archer class
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:39   Link #104
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Some people are just hard to kill even if you over kill
Old 2011-11-13, 23:12   Link #105
HandofFate

How do outsiders usually see Emiya when he's using Time Accel, it doesn't look like regular 'total time control' where it looks like they're teleporting, he's still moving regularly, just faster.

That's probably thing lost in translation when moving from a reading medium to a visual one.

Also, whose/what kind of perspective does the Fate/Zero take?

It was nice that Kayneth is able to back up his confident, noble-ish mannerisms. His magic and control is pretty high tier.
Isn't reality marbles a big deal in the mage academic world though.

Makes me more curious about Waver, and if he has any notable magic skills, since he was so big saying how a 3rd generation mage can be equal to a 9th generation one with hard work.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:22   Link #106
Jerseykid

Keyneth in the house was just awesome. Every anime must be jealous that they have this much freedom in their combat to come up with stuff.

I am guessing the gun at the end must be something special. There was too much confidence in his look for it not to be so.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 02:13   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I love how Urobuchi/Nasu chose for Caster to mistake Saber as Joan since that was what 99% of the fan base thought she was while they played the game.
Lol yeah. I was thinking she must be Jeanne when I first watched FSN. In some ways...I still wish she was.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 02:48   Link #108
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
How do outsiders usually see Emiya when he's using Time Accel, it doesn't look like regular 'total time control' where it looks like they're teleporting, he's still moving regularly, just faster.
I'd just put it to "Now you see him, now you don't" kind of view.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 06:04   Link #109
Kallen4life

dat harem is growing ever stronger

that's what you get when there's 6 guys and 1 girl
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 07:21   Link #110
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

That's probably thing lost in translation when moving from a reading medium to a visual one.
Accelerating time within his body is pretty much just what you've said... a glorified speed boost.

It's not as if Kiritsugu slows down the time of his surroundings, he just makes it so that he's seeing things as if they're in slow-motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Then for Archer (fsn) how could he not remember Saber? Or if he does remember Saber, wouldn't he know the outcome of his battle that it is inevitable? Like doesn't he remember his young self besting him? I'm just slightly confused, I've been trying to catch up recently reading all the fate wikia but they don't explain everything or at least not clearly enough, anyone who can clear things up a bit for me would be awesome.
Obviously there was some retcon here and there in translation by creating a sequel before the prequel.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 07:22   Link #111
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Accelerating time within his body is pretty much just what you've said... a glorified speed boost.

It's not as if Kiritsugu slows down the time of his surroundings, he just makes it so that he's seeing things as if they're in slow-motion.
So, it's basically bullet-time?
Old 2011-11-14, 07:24   Link #112
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodude711 View Post
So, it's basically bullet-time?
I think it's more like Force-speed.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:08   Link #113
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

battle, battle, and battle... oh my!! Fate/Zero is exceeding my expectation

Saber + Lancer Vs Caster is epic.... while Kiritsugu somehow can do some time magic... nice...
although I don't know which one is true Kiritsugu... he somehow show two different face in front of Maiya and Irisviel....

still hope they will re-make all of battles in Fate/Stay Night ... xD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:10   Link #114
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Um, how exactly is that supposed to indicate Kayneth was scared shitless? He simply shielded himself and hipnotised a guy to more stealthily make his escape from what was clearly a disadvantageous situation for him.
Upon touching that mercurial sphere that guy started spouting he should get away again and again.

One would think it was the man himself but it was actually Kayneth. After he collected himself from the shock he spoke through that man to transport it.

Besides Saber the reason he target's Kiritsugu is that he recognizes Kiritsugu is a dirty underhanded bastard that nearly killed him and his fiance.

He had no idea his opponent did not have mage's pride.

But he's making another mistake taking on Kiritsugu one on one without Lancer as backup.

His fiance called him a coward. He is a coward. He's afraid that Waver could be right that Inheritance means squat at being a good mage or Kiritsugu can kill him without resorting to magic.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:30   Link #115
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Well, I imagine the hypnotizing aspect is probably not Kayneth's strong suit, so he could probably only give the guy a really simple command. I don't think that was Kayneth's thought process at all, that'd be... kind of odd.

And I think Kayneth is just cautious. Which... well, he should be. It's a battle to the death.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 19:41   Link #116
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Just rewatched the eps.

I'm surprised no one that mention that Kiritsugu's smirk at the end so smoking hawt ;_;

Ilya and Saber who?
Old 2011-11-14, 20:39   Link #117
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
But he's making another mistake taking on Kiritsugu one on one without Lancer as backup.

His fiance called him a coward. He is a coward. He's afraid that Waver could be right that Inheritance means squat at being a good mage or Kiritsugu can kill him without resorting to magic.
Don't you think you are contradicting yourself? Kayneth cannot be a coward for taking on Einzberns and Kiritsugu on their home territory by himself. And Waver is not even seen as a threat to him.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 22:18   Link #118
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

One question: Despite the high-fantasy setting of Fate/Zero, did no one actually question why the policeman actually dared touch Kayneth's mercury sphere since it is known to be a particularly dangerous chemical? :S
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 22:26   Link #119
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
One question: Despite the high-fantasy setting of Fate/Zero, did no one actually question why the policeman actually dared touch Kayneth's mercury sphere since it is known to be a particularly dangerous chemical? :S
Curiosity is the bitch.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:44   Link #120
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

By the way, since many people are calling Kiritsugu a moron for alerting Kayneth at the end, I can think of a justification. The Contender he pulled out at the end is a single-shot gun. At the very least, in real life this is because it exchanges ammunition for rifle-like accuracy and power. Thus, it's all or nothing. He's screwed if fails to at least critically injure Kayneth if not kill him.

As you may have noticed, Kayneth is immobile when he's in his mercury defense mode. Since people are speculating the bullet in the gun has strong anti-magic properties, Kiritsugu would want to make sure he hits. It would sure suck if a surprised but alert Kayneth instinctively tries to dodge or use some other magic to help him effectively do so, or even just takes a non-fatal wound and keep going. Perhaps unlikely, but we've already seen Kiritsugu isn't someone who takes chances. Thus, by alerting Kayneth and firing his machine gun as a decoy, he's making sure Kayneth just stood still with his mercury defense without making any attempts to dodge. Assuming the Contender fires anti-magic bullets, Kiritsugu would get a free, guaranteed shot.
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote