AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-19, 02:59   Link #1
onearmedscissor
elda taluta

any plans for more than two seasons?

does anyone know if the creators of marimite plan on doing any more than 2 seasons? this show is great and i'd love to see it continue on. how far does the second season go in relation to the books? thanks.
Old 2004-08-19, 03:42   Link #2
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I'd say there's just about enough material for 3 seasons right now.

So far (season 2 episode 7) the anime is starting on book 8 out of currently 18 and ongoing novels.

I'd say the novels have at least 4 years more to go.

...man, I'll almost be an ossan by then
Old 2004-08-19, 03:57   Link #3
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
I'd say the novels have at least 4 years more to go.

...man, I'll almost be an ossan by then
sorry to hear you're getting old, but isn't it the case for all of us?

about the novels : they continue to edit new ones? For some reasons, go figure why, I thought those novels were old novels published in the 70's.

Ok four more years of novels publishing. Can you make a quick calculation to estimate how many seasons of TV show they can do with that? Never ending story.
Old 2004-08-19, 07:01   Link #4
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The first novel was publised in 1998 IIRC, It's not THAT old

Right now we're nearing the half of Yumi's 2nd year. I suspect it will go on until Yumi herself graduates.

I have a feeling that by the end of the series, Yumi is going to be Sei-lite, Shimako will be like Youko, and Yoshino will just be... exotic.
Old 2004-08-19, 08:02   Link #5
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
The first novel was publised in 1998 IIRC, It's not THAT old

Right now we're nearing the half of Yumi's 2nd year. I suspect it will go on until Yumi herself graduates.

I have a feeling that by the end of the series, Yumi is going to be Sei-lite, Shimako will be like Youko, and Yoshino will just be... exotic.
So, in regard of publishing, it's 66% done if I follow your "4 more year of novels".
6 years have passed since first novel, and you say there are 4 more years. I wonder if last novel will be Yumi's graduation.

It may be off topic but I don't see a lot of variation in Yumi's character since first ep of season 1 and the 4th ep of season 2 (= 1 year of Yumi).
Old 2004-08-19, 12:07   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler:

I think Yumi would be more likely to end up like Youko, while Sachiko remains herself, just mellowing out a bit. All the characters are pretty distinct so far, that's part of the fun.
Old 2004-08-19, 15:28   Link #7
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Re:Goonk

It's say it's closer to 50%. Writters have their own momentum, when they're fast it's hard for them to slow down, and when they're slow it takes a while to pick speed.

The first year is just an intro, the second year ( which starts at episode 7 ) is where the girls have a general idea on who they want to be.
Old 2004-08-19, 19:14   Link #8
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Spoiler:

I think Yumi would be more likely to end up like Youko, while Sachiko remains herself, just mellowing out a bit. All the characters are pretty distinct so far, that's part of the fun.
Well, kj1980 had said that Yumi becomes "Sei-like" when she's around Touko later on in the series, so...
Old 2004-08-20, 07:06   Link #9
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Well, kj1980 had said that Yumi becomes "Sei-like" when she's around Touko later on in the series, so...
oh really? well, we're still in the first year (ep 4) so far, so, let's wait for Yumi 2.0. Would be interesting. If you read the spoiler, I agree there is evolution in ep 4.

Takemi_Ikazuchi : I need to look in the forum for more information about the novels. I'll post results of my search here if I find anything about the time line.

Unfortunately, the TV series may not follow the novels. (i know, it's not a scoop )

Last edited by Göönk; 2004-08-20 at 07:17.
Old 2004-08-20, 09:56   Link #10
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Yumi is gonna become Sei-ish? O_o

Is she gonna continue the groping tradition too? (but on Touko, bleh)
Old 2004-08-20, 15:57   Link #11
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
Takemi_Ikazuchi : I need to look in the forum for more information about the novels. I'll post results of my search here if I find anything about the time line.
)
You don't need to. I already told you, the current episodes (season 2 episode 7) are starting on the Cherry Blossom arc, which is novel volume 9 ( out of currently 17)

As for Yumi being Sei-ish? If you mean that by being mildy sadistic and vengeful in a playful way... than yes...
Old 2004-08-20, 15:59   Link #12
mintyfresh
Altoid

To be honest, when it comes to the assertive sense of leadership Youko had, I think that sort of trait is displayed more in Yoshino from what I can see. But I don't think she'll entirely be the head of the Yamayurikai either, but she would be an influential voice in the background -- like leading without actually leading.

Anyhow, Yumi will always be the star of the show, not just someone who steals it (like Sei). So to be honest, I think she'll be the one to take Youko's place (even if she at times acts like Sei to Touko.. ), if only for the sake of keeping the spotlight on her. Granted, from the way we see her now, there is NO WAY she would make a good leader (she doubts herself way too much). However, I do hear that she does a bit of maturing later on in her second year... you never know.
Closed Thread