AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 07:08   Link #601
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
If you're gonna play that card...
Spoiler for Size:
Not that I like most of Suzuki's character designs, but she's shown improvement and has drawn some scenes pretty well. Just saying that Natsumi Kei's style troll faces aren't that great either.
Spoiler for Two nice panels from Suzuki:
um...yes they are great. Should i post those tons of amazing Eva's, Beato's and Maria's? The pic you have shown is a normal trollface, not anything overdisgusting or exaggerated to maximum. Maria in that posted scene wasnt even supposed to have a troll face. And not to sound like im white knighting, its not that i like everything about KeiNatsumi's work, but the ratio of wrong choices is like 1:100 with her, the only thing i facepalmed about in second volume was this for example

Spoiler:

(Beato BEK much?)

And what the hell do you mean by posting those two pics of average Shannon? that she is not just a shitty artist and can do decent if she tries? well no shit, of course, thats why her choices are so ridiculous, you do need some skill to draw something like this

Spoiler:

the question is why the hell would you do that?

Quote:
Isn't she the one who did Watangashi and Meakashi-hen of Higurashi?
yes

Quote:
Liking Jirou Suzuki might be my fault of immensely enjoying trollfaces.
but i luv trollfaces too ): (

Last edited by ~Ayane~; 2010-12-29 at 07:28.
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 07:38   Link #602
littlegal100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post

Spoiler:

the question is why the hell would you do that?
Oh god the infamous Alien Rosa Seriouslt what was she thinking when she drew Rosa like that?
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 08:48   Link #603
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Oh god the infamous Alien Rosa Seriouslt what was she thinking when she drew Rosa like that?
O_O That was honestly... unnecessary, to say the least.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 10:36   Link #604
littlegal100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
O_O That was honestly... unnecessary, to say the least.
Sorry but I really hate the way Rosa was drawn in that scene. She looks demented. A condensing or evil smile would have fitted much better in that scene than that.
littlegal100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 13:10   Link #605
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Rosa also looks almost like a man sometimes in EP2 (I think in that pic too).
I do admit the flaws but I don't think Suzuki's art is generally bad. And I love Natsumi Kei's trollfaces too!
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:10   Link #606
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Sorry but I really hate the way Rosa was drawn in that scene. She looks demented. A condensing or evil smile would have fitted much better in that scene than that.
No, I was referring to that drawing too. Not you. ^^;
Old 2010-12-30, 09:45   Link #607
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
um...yes they are great. Should i post those tons of amazing Eva's, Beato's and Maria's? The pic you have shown is a normal trollface, not anything overdisgusting or exaggerated to maximum.
I find them overdisgusting. The strangely drawn, often oversized teeth and occasionally the eyes really bother me and often make it hard to take seriously. Kei's troll faces are the only thing about her art that I dislike, but I guess that's a matter of opinion. (Sorry to use 'it's just an opinion' in an argument, but that's sort of what this seems like)

Quote:
Maria in that posted scene wasnt even supposed to have a troll face.
Oh, all right. Bad choice, then.

Quote:
And not to sound like im white knighting, its not that i like everything about KeiNatsumi's work, but the ratio of wrong choices is like 1:100 with her, the only thing i facepalmed about in second volume was this for example
Sorry for generalizing, then. What's BEK?

Quote:
And what the hell do you mean by posting those two pics of average Shannon? that she is not just a shitty artist and can do decent if she tries? well no shit, of course, thats why her choices are so ridiculous,
True enough. I meant more of that she's improving at the time, but after posting that Rosa picture

Quote:
[pic]
....I agree. Eew.
Old 2011-01-02, 12:00   Link #608
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

I love Suzuki, actually. You all might hate me for it, but I think she is the most personal artist of them all. True, she has some ridicoulous pictures that are far too exaggerated, but then again, that what happens when you take risks. Imo, her style has a more human approach to me. People don't look fabulous when they got mad smiles, or terrified looks. They look terrible.

Now, go ahead and scold me.
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 20:24   Link #609
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
I love Suzuki, actually. You all might hate me for it, but I think she is the most personal artist of them all. True, she has some ridicoulous pictures that are far too exaggerated, but then again, that what happens when you take risks. Imo, her style has a more human approach to me. People don't look fabulous when they got mad smiles, or terrified looks. They look terrible.

Now, go ahead and scold me.
People with mouths that are normally two inches long don't suddenly turn into that of The Joker just because they are very happy.
Old 2011-01-02, 21:54   Link #610
Marion
The Great Dine

My only problem is that Suzuki over-exaggerates the troll faces. That's not to say they aren't already exaggerated in the VN, but he really overdoes it with Beatrice. The most noticeable times are with how he shapes her eyes and general expressions, along with what she does to Battler. Natsumi also has that habit, but it's gotten better in my opinion.

Yet that exaggeration is Suzuki's style and he does it well. The art is very stylish, but the only problem is the exaggeration. I think the only one who has found a good balance thus far is EP 4's mangaka.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 08:03   Link #611
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
My only problem is that Suzuki over-exaggerates the troll faces. That's not to say they aren't already exaggerated in the VN, but he really overdoes it with Beatrice. The most noticeable times are with how he shapes her eyes and general expressions, along with what she does to Battler. Natsumi also has that habit, but it's gotten better in my opinion.

Yet that exaggeration is Suzuki's style and he does it well. The art is very stylish, but the only problem is the exaggeration. I think the only one who has found a good balance thus far is EP 4's mangaka.

I agree that the trollfaces can be very overexaggerated, but it takes some skill to draw them. I mean, even though they look terrible, the art is very beautiful and obviously alot of work has been put into it, and that is what I like with Suzuki's style.

Also, I can't agree that I like the art of EP 4. I actually thought it was the worst so far. I mean, the characters are drawn good and everything, but I cannot get the Umineko feeling from them. Also, I wasn't very fond of the troll-faces.
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 09:31   Link #612
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post

To date, Natsumi is my favorite.

And Suzuki is a woman.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 12:11   Link #613

Ep7 is starting soon..

Spoiler for Ep7:
40511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 12:33   Link #614
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40511 View Post
Ep7 is starting soon..

Spoiler for Ep7:
Any word/clues on the artist?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 13:16   Link #615
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Any word/clues on the artist?
水野英多, artist of Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna.
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 14:21   Link #616
hilly
hilly

Wow,then we can except some really good bishonen drawing from that artist.He is really good!!
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 14:35   Link #617
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
Oh, hell yes! That's the best news I've heard all day!
Spoiler for Ep. 7:

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazi...comic/umineco/
Next chapter of Ep. 4 is out. Goes up to the start of the fights.
Old 2011-01-06, 15:07   Link #618
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
Oh my god, I love Spiral...
This is fantastic news!

Oh man, I'm really excited for the EP7 manga now...
Baru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:41   Link #619
Will Wright

My favorite episode being drawn by my favorite artist? Couldn't ask for more.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 17:57   Link #620
Sheep_

Oh wow, I've never read Spiral but I've seen the cover art for it.
I can't wait to see how they handle ep 7.

Tags
seinen, shounen