Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-21, 01:02   Link #21
tetsuo69

i like the white suit on kira cant wait to see it
Old 2006-08-21, 01:02   Link #22
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

lmao...as I said in another forum, I would like to see Yzak's reactions to this.

Honestly, I think quite the opposite---Kira is fine with the white coat. Its only fitting that he wear that coat since his been piloting a ZGMF for ummm. 65 + episodes plus specials?

Whilw I dont mind Kira outranking Shinn (come on he's been nerfed forever now, thinking otherwise for a change of his nerfage in SE is wishful thinking), I really hope Kira dont outrank Athrun. That would be soooo unfair.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:19   Link #23
hanxthre
Banned

Well I'd think while being a white-coat shows that you are a great pilot, which Kira most certainly is, commanding a vessel would seem to me to require leadership and commanding skills...I mean you have to make tactical decisions, say all that "90 degress starboard" stuff and be able to sternly address pilots in your command...Kira is about as quiet as a mouse and if Lacus or Cagali isn't in trouble I doubt his voice octave would ever reach stern-status (As seen in his Final Plus commanding mermers)...This is just another ploy it seems to sell Kira ZAFT models and white-coat bishie posters, but we'll see what Fukuda can wrestle out of his empty orifice.

Oh and for the record I actually thought his ORB outfit suited him quite well in design, much more than his tight-ass EA uniform which it didn't seem like he bothered to ever press, wash, or even sport correctly...The Orb uni had a certain gentlemen quality to it IMO.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:27   Link #24
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I think we can all agree that Kira in a white coat is pure fanservice (a pretty good fanservice, I mean I like it XD XD)...

but does he really have to be a commander of a ship? I dont remember, but if Yzak had his own vessel in GSD, then I guess the answer is 'yes.' Someone fill me in on that.
Old 2006-08-21, 01:37   Link #25
monster

Yzak had the same rank as Rau in GS, including command of one or two battleships.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:39   Link #26
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
Whilw I dont mind Kira outranking Shinn (come on he's been nerfed forever now, thinking otherwise for a change of his nerfage in SE is wishful thinking), I really hope Kira dont outrank Athrun. That would be soooo unfair.
Huh? Athrun still has a rank?

He already outranked him in ORB, being ranked next only to Lacus and all.

Seriously, its all good n' flashy for Kira to be in a white suit, but I wonder what ZAFT's reaction to this would be? Especially for Yzak, meeting an old rival again. Ever wonder what would happen if they, say, met each other in a hallway one day?

(yes, I know its pure fan service, to please the female crowd. Not that -I- am not pleased, to see Kira do 'cosplay'. Or maybe its Lacus' own personal fetish, and Kira just don't know about it, yet )

Oh, and somebody throw Yzak a Gundam. Looking at him piloting the ZAKU pains me to no end. How could he degrade himself like that!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:39   Link #27
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
I think we can all agree that Kira in a white coat is pure fanservice (a pretty good fanservice, I mean I like it XD XD)...

but does he really have to be a commander of a ship? I dont remember, but if Yzak had his own vessel in GSD, then I guess the answer is 'yes.' Someone fill me in on that.
I don't get how it would be good fanservice. Why would anyone want to see Kira with ZAFT? I just don't get it. Now the show is fucked up.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:40   Link #28
hanxthre
Banned

Quote:

You say that now, but I thought the whole point of these specials were to change stuff in a manner to give the series a bit of integrity (mostly via retconning)...For people who are trying to hope for GSD to redeem themselves with the specials how ridiculous is it to make Kira a serious high-level ranking ZAFT member and it's just fanservice? Rau and Yzak the other 2 whitecoats command ships so i think that comes with the job as a red seems to be the best mobile suit pilots who don't have teams (Team La Creset, Team Joule, Team Killer Tomato???) I'm just saying all this does is intesify all the gripes people have about this universe and everything about it. It's just fanservice!
Old 2006-08-21, 01:41   Link #29
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

well.

I'm sure Kira would get used to it....I think XD

or maybe Lacus could make Kira an exception....cuz Lacus can do whatever she wants....or maybe Kira'd still be on board Eternal, just making him being Lacus' favorite thug official....the possibilites are endless!

edit (to reply above) why would ZAFT accept Kira into ZAFT? Beacuse Lacus tells them to!

also, I just thought of the possibility of Athrun being a high ranker in Orb, next to Cagal...erhm...o wait. Would he even be with Cagalli? I opened a can of worms there.....>.<

I love this series. wahahahaahahah
Old 2006-08-21, 01:45   Link #30
Tak

^ Look, its not that difficult to articulate. We can assume that by Final Plus, Lacus became an important figure in PLANT again. This time, she probably held real political power. With that said, and let us not forget her fleet is currently the most-powerful in the known universe, its not at all unusual or surprising for Lacus to have the powers to pull strings and make Kira a white suit. Moreover, you can't have Kira wear an ORB uniform on PLANT, because that'd look like foreign occupation. Therefore, to perserve the dignity of PLANT, and to perserve Kira's proper rank, a ZAFT white suit seems most fitting... (Imagine what'd happen if Kira wore a Feddie uniform and paraded on PLANT?)

- Tak
Old 2006-08-21, 01:48   Link #31
hanxthre
Banned

Yeah, but that's the smart, intelligent answer, not the goofy fanclone answer that everyone who's liking this is commenting about(and just because there is basis for it doesn't mean it'll have integrity)..Nobody's arguing the how's (based on Final Plus), but the why's...It's just so funny, because a rag-tag group of fighters can automatically become the leaders of Orb then Plant...I wish the real-world was this cool^^...
Old 2006-08-21, 01:49   Link #32
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

she is the antichrist and the dark lady of the Sith by F+. thats no secret now we see Kira in whitecoat. Like I said, she can do what she wants, she's prolly above the law.
Old 2006-08-21, 01:56   Link #33
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
It's just so funny, because a rag-tag group of fighters can automatically become the leaders of Orb then Plant...I wish the real-world was this cool^^...
Well, history provided us with many examples of the sort...

For example...

The Romans...
The Mongols...
The Chinese under Chairman Mao...

Still I won't complain about Kira being in a whitey. In fact, I -LIKE- him in a whitey.

- Tak
Old 2006-08-21, 01:57   Link #34
grandmaster192

I really hope this just something like Kira just going under cover or something like that. Or maybe he wears that to steal the Destiny plan thingy. I just hope this isn't for real. Because if it is I'm done with seed.
Old 2006-08-21, 01:59   Link #35
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

huh, even if that happens, you know you'll still watch SEED (SEED SE and movies?), and you would probably be discussing it with people here who has repeatedly said they are done with SEED.
Old 2006-08-21, 02:01   Link #36
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I really hope this just something like Kira just going under cover or something like that. Or maybe he wears that to steal the Destiny plan thingy. I just hope this isn't for real. Because if it is I'm done with seed.
Nah, Kira didn't steal no DESTINY PLAN thingy, he pretty much showed up 'AFTER' Lacus discovered it. After all, he was without a mobile suit for several episodes, until the Eternal launched.

And if its for real, why not? He looks cool in that, and if he is going to stay in PLANT for a little while, there is no reason for him to parade in a ORB or Feddie uniform. Think of the political implications that would bring.

- Tak
Old 2006-08-21, 02:02   Link #37
hanxthre
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Well, history provided us with many examples of the sort...

For example...

The Romans...
The Mongols...
The Chinese under Chairman Mao...

Still I won't complain about Kira being in a whitey. In fact, I -LIKE- him in a whitey.

- Tak
I doubt Morsawa wrote their story I hate when people try to bring ancient historical examples into the realm of futuristic fanboy plot movements, but whatever...If you think what Lacus and company did over the course of GSD was of ancient Romanian or Mongolian realistic comparisons I'll let you click your buzzer first to answer that gameshow question.

As for whitey, Down wif whitey!! They are the opressors of humanity
Old 2006-08-21, 02:03   Link #38
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Yeah its surprising the number of people who openly hate CE yet have nothing better to do than talk about it here. Oh the irony.

Personally I think Kira joining ZAFT is a shit idea, but I'm going to watch it anyway. I won't lie to myself about that.
Old 2006-08-21, 02:10   Link #39
hanxthre
Banned

I post in spurts hehe, usually i just read the hilarity of this great forum.

Quote:
Yeah its surprising the number of people who openly hate CE yet have nothing better to do than talk about it here. Oh the irony.
Only read you saying SOMETHING LIKE THAT 500 times since i joined what's this 501?

Quote:
Personally I think Kira joining ZAFT is a shit idea, but I'm going to watch it anyway. I won't lie to myself about that.
Now that's irony. You not liking something about GSD...Anyways we can agree on that.
Old 2006-08-21, 02:16   Link #40
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan

I can see why you would still watch. You love Kira and the original seed cast. I don't. I like the GSD cast better. I would probably only watch the episodes that Shinn fights if this true. I could see why a fan of the original seed would still watch.