AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-04-18, 08:55   Link #5301
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
English doesn't really have an equivalent word. The closest English has is a tone of speech (or the "way" you say it).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 14:35   Link #5302
SKP2017
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2017
^ Who needs English anyway! UK don't even exist! It's called Brexiland now!
__________________
Visit my page at http://girlyboysalliance.mozello.com/ for an eye-opening world of TRAPS
SKP2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 15:00   Link #5303
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
I got a quick question. How was Rin trying to summon Saber? She didn't have a catalyst and for some reason she chose to wait until the last minute to do the summoning.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 18:26   Link #5304
belatkuro
Kuro-chan
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2002/

Quote:
"…Servants are attracted to symbols.
If you want to summon a strong Servant, you need something that has a connection to that Servant."
In other words, a sword, armor, talisman, bone of that Servant, or something like that… something valuable beyond belief.

"…I was hoping there'd be something like that in Father's will, but… No, this is a great trump card too. But still…"
The pendant I found last night in the basement is one of the best Artifacts in its class.
It's great in its own way.
It's great, but it won't help me to summon my servant.

"…Huh! It's fine. I can do it without help from that sort of thing. After all, there can't exist any Masters capable of handling Saber other than myself."

All right, I've decided.
I don't want to make Kirei complain any more by postponing it any longer, and it's not like me to wait until the last second.
It'll come down to just trying it.
I'll face the summoning tonight with full power and obtain Saber by force…!
By sheer brute force and being overconfident that she can get Saber.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 21:46   Link #5305
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%2002/

By sheer brute force and being overconfident that she can get Saber.
Thanks! That's been bugging me for a while now.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 02:58   Link #5306
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
The key here is that she was wrong and she was never going to get Saber. The only reason Archer even showed up is because of a causal loop that turned the pendant into a catalyst for summoning him.

Well, that, and her summons that basically translates to "get over here, dammit!". No regular hero would answer such a summons.

She's a good magus but I don't think she understands summoning etiquette.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 04:55   Link #5307
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The key here is that she was wrong and she was never going to get Saber. The only reason Archer even showed up is because of a causal loop that turned the pendant into a catalyst for summoning him.

Well, that, and her summons that basically translates to "get over here, dammit!". No regular hero would answer such a summons.

She's a good magus but I don't think she understands summoning etiquette.
Spoiler for Unlimited Blade Works:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 17:14   Link #5308
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 31
It's stated that she will always summon Archer because he himself holds the catalyst that is linked to Rin.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 03:58   Link #5309
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's stated that she will always summon Archer because he himself holds the catalyst that is linked to Rin.
Spoiler for Unlimited Blade Works:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 22:09   Link #5310
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyrule
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Unlimited Blade Works:
Spoiler for UBW:
__________________
FGO Info: (JP) 055835281 | クワイガンケニー ==== (EN) 952525630 | quigonkenny
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 03:23   Link #5311
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Also it's unclear exactly how or on what grounds the grail chooses masters.

I mean most of the time we just see people choosing to be masters and then doing the ritual and getting the command seals afterwards. Although there are some instances of them getting the command seals earlier? I don't particularly recall. I do recall that even Shirou ended up performing such a ritual by complete accident, although I think his Command Seals were already beginning to manifest earlier that day. But it's possible that if the ritual isn't carried out correctly, and there are other suitable candidates, then maybe Tohsaka wouldn't have been chosen at all? Now, this is highly unlikely because of the rather 99.9999% chance of Archer appearing anyway, but still, I don't think the 'selection process' has ever been elaborated upon. I don't think there has ever been a summoning without any ritual whatsoever?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 04:17   Link #5312
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also it's unclear exactly how or on what grounds the grail chooses masters.

I mean most of the time we just see people choosing to be masters and then doing the ritual and getting the command seals afterwards. Although there are some instances of them getting the command seals earlier? I don't particularly recall. I do recall that even Shirou ended up performing such a ritual by complete accident, although I think his Command Seals were already beginning to manifest earlier that day. But it's possible that if the ritual isn't carried out correctly, and there are other suitable candidates, then maybe Tohsaka wouldn't have been chosen at all? Now, this is highly unlikely because of the rather 99.9999% chance of Archer appearing anyway, but still, I don't think the 'selection process' has ever been elaborated upon. I don't think there has ever been a summoning without any ritual whatsoever?
We do know that when the Grail has chosen a master he gives them command seals. Only when a master has commands seals is he/she able to summon a servant.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 05:19   Link #5313
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
That said, it seems the grail isn't very selective. Seems to accept almost any who apply, as well as some who don't.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 12:57   Link #5314
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I am pretty sure three Fuyuki magi clans have their spot reserved right from the bat. They created whole ritual for their own goal and other four magi are just extras to get it work after all.

Anyway there is no hard rule whether ritual or command spells comes first, it's pretty much case by case.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 07:16   Link #5315
phishmeister68
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
I think Heracles' Godhand's immunity to previous attack is misunderstood. I also have a problem with Nasu dropping new lore after the game is out.

From the wiki page, you can find he said that Godhand does not have a conceptual effect where he's immune to previous attack but rather gets an increase in defense. This is paired with his "technique of the sword" skill, combined the two and that's how it works.

Then from Lancer's page, he said Lancer has a chance against Berserker because Lancer can use runes to upgrade his B rank NP to A. But he also said that weapons with conceptual effects are in a different category. You know what I'm trying to say?

He also said that Alter Saber beats Heracles, so that gives you some idea how Godhand works.

So personally, I think Heracles can die 12 times from Excalibur and Gae Bolg. And I'm picking the side of B rank Gae Bolg.
phishmeister68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.