AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 07:36   Link #401
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I knew that that link wouldn't be to something real, but I haven't seen that in so long. Thank you.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 18:00   Link #402
toru_toru

Althought viewers would scoff because Kira joins Zaft, I believe its the most bloody smart thing ever . He has good intentions, unlike the past leaders such as Patrick Zala or Durandal. He would bring a revolutionary change to history and hopefully make the world peaceful again. Not to mention, he is the 'ultimate co-ordinator" .
toru_toru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 23:21   Link #403
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Um, Wouldn't you think that Kira showing himself up in PLANT would be very risky, because of his identity as the Ultimate Coordinator? Dullindal is just one person, I bet there are still people who know of his identity.
Old 2010-01-14, 07:29   Link #404
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlumina View Post
Um, Wouldn't you think that Kira showing himself up in PLANT would be very risky, because of his identity as the Ultimate Coordinator? Dullindal is just one person, I bet there are still people who know of his identity.
What risk? He is already a celebrity. There would be more people who wanted him dead for being Kira Yamato than him being the Ultimate Coordinator. He is a big-wig in ZAFT and Plant, he isn't in any more threat than usual for someone of his fame.
(This was the reason why Tony Stark in the Marvel Ironman universe abandoned the idea of trying to deny being Ironman; he is already the head of a powerful arms manufacturer, there was minimum safety benefit in denying he was doing vigilantism on the side.)
Old 2010-01-14, 07:39   Link #405
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
He is already a celebrity.
Since when? His mobile suits have always been more (in)famous than Kira himself.

Actually, you're right, Kira is now known as being a close friend/relative/brother of Cagalli (depending on the detail that is known, but surely a teenaged general would spread rumors). So suddenly being with ZAFT might gain him even more scrutiny (and possibly) enemies.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 07:47   Link #406
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Since when? His mobile suits have always been more (in)famous than Kira himself.

Actually, you're right, Kira is now known as being a close friend/relative/brother of Cagalli (depending on the detail that is known, but surely a teenaged general would spread rumors). So suddenly being with ZAFT might gain him even more scrutiny (and possibly) enemies.
You forgot to mention the obvious; that Kira is in a relationship with the new Plant Chairwoman. And this would be impossible to hide from the public.

Look, in the end the Ultimate Coordinator business is really a non-issue. It's not an inheritable trait anyway; Kira's future offspring would not be as precisely engineered as him unless someone dug up the lost research of Kira's dad on artificial wombs. People who hate Coordinators will still hate Kira one way or another, and people who don't hate Coordinators will see it as nothing more than just another Coordination method. The technology is lost anyway; there is nothing to fight about on this matter.
Old 2010-01-14, 07:54   Link #407
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You forgot to mention the obvious; that Kira is in a relationship with the new Plant Chairwoman. And this would be impossible to hide from the public.
At the very least, it would be better hidden if Kira wasn't in the PLANTs, wearing a ZAFT uniform, and hugging her in front of others every time they meet.
Quote:
Look, in the end the Ultimate Coordinator business is really a non-issue. It's not an inheritable trait anyway; Kira's future offspring would not be as precisely engineered as him unless someone dug up the lost research of Kira's dad on artificial wombs. People who hate Coordinators will still hate Kira one way or another, and people who don't hate Coordinators will see it as nothing more than just another Coordination method. The technology is lost anyway; there is nothing to fight about on this matter.
Actually, I agree with you on that. Kira being who he is isn't as important as what he's done and what he's become. The issue, as far as I'm concerned, is whether those things, coupled with being in PLANTs as a ZAFT soldier, is more dangerous for Kira than if he would've stayed at Orb.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 08:05   Link #408
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Actually, that would be a possible conflict for Kira, who will suddenly be fighting for ZAFT. And a possible scenario would be the AA going against Kira, highly improbable as of right now, but that's because Orb and PLANT presently have the same interest.
Old 2010-01-14, 08:13   Link #409
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Actually, that would be a possible conflict for Kira, who will suddenly be fighting for ZAFT. And a possible scenario would be the AA going against Kira, highly improbable as of right now, but that's because Orb and PLANT presently have the same interest.
Technically AA IS under Lacus's control, shared with Cagalli. Zaft isn't so much a separate entity as much as always been under some partial control by Lacus. The only difference is that Lacus finally decided to take control of Zaft officially by the end of Destiny.

The only future source of conflict would be if Cagalli lost her Orb leadership AGAIN, making it necessary for big brother to jump in and reinstate her.

One way or another, Kira being commander Kira is really no big deal. Don't forget, the last Chairman got his mistress a state of the art battleship. The Plant citizens are probably used to this by now.
Old 2010-01-14, 08:14   Link #410
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

So are we going to have conflict in the planned movie again??
Old 2010-01-14, 08:17   Link #411
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
So are we going to have conflict in the planned movie again??
We are not sure if the movie will ever be made. The more successful the 00 franchise is, the less likely Sunrise would want to divert resources between two AU series at the same time.
Old 2010-01-14, 08:28   Link #412
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The more successful the 00 franchise is, the less likely Sunrise would want to divert resources between two AU series at the same time.
But I think the 00 movie is to end via its own movie. So I would think that they would want to at least End the CE Timeline.
Old 2013-06-05, 23:10   Link #413
Aquaman OS

The budget issues and delays took too long, and the casual fanbase (that Seed made the most money off of) went running off to 00 and Geass and never looked back. They failed to give Seed any "staying" power.

Not to mention Destiny kind of killed any real compelling future conflict. And they can't have aliens because 00 just did that in their movie.

Though the Remasters might be testing the waters to see if CE is still comercially viable, so we might get that film after all.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:11   Link #414
Skye629

Ahhhhhh!!! Zombie thread!!!!! -runs away-
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:13   Link #415
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Zombie thread? Shoot, many recent threads here can be considered such.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 22:02   Link #416
Vsin
Aldracity

I dunno, with the SEED and Destiny remasters out and about, there's a very real chance that something actually new for SEED will show up. It's worth digging up this old horse so we can kick it again.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 00:30   Link #417
Skye629

It had better be Astray or the rest will be crap (due to the already messed up handling of Destiny)

Edit: Actually it might be interesting if they did something like the Evangelion Rebuild movies, keeping some of the core concept the same while branching into something different, while saving us the horror of a TV series (OVA's/Movies I find tend to be so much better)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote