Notices

Old 2010-11-21, 08:38   Link #121
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
^ thats mainly coz they are usually there for a few seconds to just look pretty (sorta). these ones are surely meant to last a bit longer. would be kinda wierd watching zombies breathing hard from exhaustion.
Well Sai's brother basically snapped his neck back into place, I'd find it hard to believe him panting out of exhaustion. Neither Hokages in the fight with the Third showed any limits in their chakra capacities.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 13:32   Link #122
Neji112

There has to be some limit to the Zombie's Chakra, if not Nagato and Itachi would be more than able to wipe out the entire good guys by themselves. I don't think zombies get tired, but they probably do run out of chakra. Maybe at that point Edo tensei ends. That would be a convenient plot device limit so that the zombies aren't basically unstoppable.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 15:08   Link #123
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ But isn't the point that the zombies are completely unstoppable unless you either seal their souls, bind them, or get Kabuto to cancel the jutsu? Kishi seems to have set the parameters.

It seems like for a lot of the zombies you can use the Shikamaru method. Dig a giant hole. Shadow bind zombie and place him/her into said hole. Explosive tags around hole. Explode tags. Tons of rock fall on zombie. Even those that have super-strength like Kazuku, probably couldn't get out through 50 tons of rock. It's hard to regenerate when tons of rock have crushed you. They won't die, but they can't go anywhere. Like Hidan.

Sand Burial should also prove effective. Kimimaro only survived because of his bone density.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 15:18   Link #124
GDB

Unless they have Buu or Cell levels of regeneration, I'd think just dismembering them or annihilating them would be enough. By "not dying", I think it means normally fatal things (broken neck, blood loss, etc) don't affect them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 17:14   Link #125
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

*patiently waiting for raikage to zip in and OMGWTFPAWN everyone*
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 18:44   Link #126
Shingai-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
^ But isn't the point that the zombies are completely unstoppable unless you either seal their souls, bind them, or get Kabuto to cancel the jutsu? Kishi seems to have set the parameters.

It seems like for a lot of the zombies you can use the Shikamaru method. Dig a giant hole. Shadow bind zombie and place him/her into said hole. Explosive tags around hole. Explode tags. Tons of rock fall on zombie. Even those that have super-strength like Kazuku, probably couldn't get out through 50 tons of rock. It's hard to regenerate when tons of rock have crushed you. They won't die, but they can't go anywhere. Like Hidan.

Sand Burial should also prove effective. Kimimaro only survived because of his bone density.
With that method though all it would take is for Kabuto to release and resummon the person.

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 19:01   Link #127
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
With that method though all it would take is for Kabuto to release and resummon the person.
I don't think Edo Tensei is -that- convenient, considering making Kabuto release the technique seems to be the good guys only hope.
Old 2010-11-21, 19:24   Link #128
Shingai-san

Sorry, I did not mean release. I mean the thing he did to Deidara after the Tsuchikage fight.

Ararararagi
Shingai-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 07:45   Link #129
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless they have Buu or Cell levels of regeneration, I'd think just dismembering them or annihilating them would be enough. By "not dying", I think it means normally fatal things (broken neck, blood loss, etc) don't affect them.
Actually they have this kind of regenaration, as Sandaime placed explosive tags on Nindaime and Shodaime, blasting one arm and a Leg, and they got regenerated quickly (they didnt attach these limbs, they grew new Limbs).

For now, the only known way to kill the Zombies is by sealing their soul away.
Old 2010-11-23, 05:14   Link #130
nubby

Is it just me or is anyone else losing interest in this manga with all the zombie necromancy crap?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 07:05   Link #131
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Going by the number of pages (7 as opposed to an average of 3-4), no.
Old 2010-11-23, 09:42   Link #132
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else losing interest in this manga with all the zombie necromancy crap?
Me. I feel like we haven't had a new chapter in months. The manga has been boring as hell.

Pretty much happens when Sasuke is on his hiatus and the manga can't seem to move forward without him.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 10:13   Link #133
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Are you kidding ?

This thread contains only 132 posts so far. It's the second lowest total since the end of the penis arc. (granted the thread is not finished yet since the new chapter thread is not created yet, but the convo is as good as dead since no one is discussing the chapter anymore)

One of the two worse chapters is 512. 514 and 516 have 134 and 138 posts, which also place them in the top 6 of the deadest thread (Alongside one of the setup chapters to the zombie arc and Motoi's Kumo history)

Even Konan's fight had about twice as many posts. (250 and 300 posts)
Ever since the focus switched to Kabuto, everyone here looked the other way INSTANTLY. Only the apparition of the twenty or so zombies created a little turmoil with a 350 posts thread, but that didn't last.

Now, unless Animesuki traffic diminished greatly lately and it has nothing to do with the Naruto manga, I think it's safe to say a large portion of the contributors of this board don't particularly care about this arc.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 10:15   Link #134
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Me. I feel like we haven't had a new chapter in months. The manga has been boring as hell.

Pretty much happens when Sasuke is on his hiatus and the manga can't seem to move forward without him.
Maybe you missed the entire start of a war, Madara and Kabuto machinations, and Naruto's (power not character) development that all occurred without Sasuke appearing at all. You may find the development boring, but to argue it has not occurred is simply fallacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
No we are clearly down from the average. Honestly, I figure the posts are down due to the fact that no one cares about these side characters (who would want to talk about Kankuro? ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:58   Link #135
tkdtiger

Well the lower posting i think is a combination of factors one of which there really was nothing new really to talk about it has pretty much been said personally im just waiting to see what happens
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 15:53   Link #136
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^The Akatsuki War thread also sapped some of the discussion from the chapter thread as a lot of the speculation has moved there.

Overall, there's almost too much going on right now to focus a discussion on. Things are just all over the place like an episode of Lost. The battalion's moved out but where's the battlefield(s)? Who's going to be fighting who? What's Kabuto planning to do with Anko? What's Madara going to be doing during the war? What's he got planned for Sasuke? What role will the Kages play? There's scant info on any of these things.

The number of posts usually picks up when there's a serious 1-on-1 battle, then everyone can just focus on what's happening in the fight. The last couple chapters have been bombarding us with exposition.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 17:24   Link #137
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well the lower posting i think is a combination of factors one of which there really was nothing new really to talk about it has pretty much been said personally im just waiting to see what happens
I think we're all still in shock from the nobodyman9 saga.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 23:34   Link #138
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
this manga took some wrong turns
Old 2010-11-24, 00:35   Link #139
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Oops, you're right, it's my bad. I was comparing it in my head with the talk going on in the anime episode threads.
Though even if that point is moot, I don't think it's a lack of interest. I've seen more activity and fanart on deviant art going on with the start of this war. Definitely more than usual.
Old 2010-11-24, 01:09   Link #140
Lendial

i lost interest, but not entirely because of the zombie thing.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion