AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 03:45   Link #101
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I know that Guiche is a dot mage, which means he can only use one type of magic, in his case earth magic.
Old 2008-04-18, 10:32   Link #102
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Really? I thought for sure he was at least a Line mage.

I guess the biggest concern I have right now is Osmond. Since he's the headmaster of the school, I would assume he's a Square mage, but from the talks in the show, Square mages are EXTREMELY rare.

Don't forget, Henrietta is a Triangle mage but she only uses one element, water. Same with Wales and Fouquet. It would be more accurate to describe their composition like...

Water-Water-Water

Instead of...

Water-Earth-Fire
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 10:55   Link #103
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Lets not forget that not only mages but also spells are classified to their intensivity.

Being a line mage doesnt only mean that you can use two speels it also means that you can learn more powerful spells.

As Louise explained in Volume 4 all spells require willpower. If we hold one mages will power equal 8 then if he is a dot and is able to use only one elemnt his dot spell take all 8 willpower. However if he becomes a line mage his line spells (more powerful than dot ones) will cost him 8 but dot spells will cost him 4 now. So instead of casting one line spell he can now cast two dot spells. The same formulka hold for the later.

But the more powerful is the spell the more consumption f willpower it takes and the more time it takes to restore ones willpower.

Like Louise was able to blew off the enemies fleet in volume 3 mostly because she had "stored" an impressive amount of willpower )due to not being able to cast any spells before), but cannot do the same spell with same magnitute as her willpower needs to restore and it might take years to get back to the same amount of willpower as before.

Just a side not about dot and line as it is not only used to describe elements one can use but also the spells.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:50   Link #104
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Thanks for that info, it really does help even though it doesn't answer my question. :P
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 22:35   Link #105
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

how far is the manga from the anime (Season 2)? And did they skip a lot of things of the manga in the anime?

Since season 3 is coming in July, im not sure if i should go for the manga at least until the ending of season 2 or just wait for the next season. I prefer watching animes than reading though.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 23:25   Link #106
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
how far is the manga from the anime (Season 2)? And did they skip a lot of things of the manga in the anime?

Since season 3 is coming in July, im not sure if i should go for the manga at least until the ending of season 2 or just wait for the next season. I prefer watching animes than reading though.
I assume you mean the novels.
The difference between the anime and novels is THIS big. The anime modifies the original story in various places, and it also skips a lot too.
The manga is following the novels, to the most part.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 17:36   Link #107
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I assume you mean the novels.
The difference between the anime and novels is THIS big. The anime modifies the original story in various places, and it also skips a lot too.
The manga is following the novels, to the most part.
Im not interested in reading novels atm... perphaps some manga if the anime really misses too much information..

I just cant stop watching the ending of season 2 lol... loved
Old 2008-05-10, 01:24   Link #108
Darknemo2000

Though manga is following novels more closely, the artwork, in my opinion, is a great turn off there.

Since i am not a great loli lover all characters look too childish in the manga for me (8-10 year olds) plus the whole design is not suited for serious scenes, it is alright at the beginning where it is moslt comedy but when the serious stuff begins with

Spoiler for stuff:

It doesnt look like they can handle it so well with such childish artwork.

So I would still recommend you to try the novels instead of manga. You can find those on baka-tsuki, and you better hurry before the first translated volume in english appears as then baka-tsuki will take off their fiorst volume and you will have to buy it instead of reading for free.
Old 2008-05-10, 21:36   Link #109
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

im not interested in this kind of novels... and i already have too much to read for my studies so i rather watch anime when i can.

For now ill wait for next season since i still have many animes to watch xD
Old 2008-05-25, 18:24   Link #110
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i Hope im posting this in the right section lol
i finished watching ZnT I and II and im kinda interested in the manga but now i see there is a novel? Is there really a difference between them(storyline wise)? I usually read my manga scans on onemanga.com but i only see 9 chapters? that cant be it since the last update was about 3 months ago?
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 18:48   Link #111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
i Hope im posting this in the right section lol
i finished watching ZnT I and II and im kinda interested in the manga but now i see there is a novel? Is there really a difference between them(storyline wise)? I usually read my manga scans on onemanga.com but i only see 9 chapters? that cant be it since the last update was about 3 months ago?
Big differences. The anime has many differences from the novel.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-05-25, 22:32   Link #112
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^yea i guessed the show vs novel/manga would be different but im talking about Novel vs Manga? And where is the noval located? and has it been translated? if im allowed to say that lol
Old 2008-05-25, 22:52   Link #113
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

OHHH, the difference is HUGE between the novel and the anime. The Manga is nowhere near the current plotlines so it doesn't even come into the equation in my opinion. And the Novels in most people's opinion is much better than the anime. The novels have been license in US but are quite behind. Unless you can read japanese or chinese there is no real way to read the latest novels. If you really are dying to know what happens in the latest volumes and the major difference between them you can browse the novel discussion thread for summary.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 23:04   Link #114
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^yea i kinda just did that lol...that helps clear up everything and in hope the english release will be soon
Old 2008-05-26, 08:32   Link #115
Darknemo2000

Well you can always go to baka-tsuki if you want the translations...We are finishing volume 4 right now. Sure it is not the latest novel volumes (latest volume 14) but again the Seven Seas haven't released a single volume up till now, so it is still better than nothing I guess...
Old 2008-05-29, 11:55   Link #116
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^i was going here on accident...i saw that baka-tsiki name on that site and assumed that was it lol...
mangaupdates.com
Old 2008-05-30, 04:53   Link #117
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok i am a little confused

tabitha's father was murdered. he was going to be the next KING or the next LORD of his household?

if he was to be the next king, wouldn't that make tabitha and the current queen related? and wouldn't there be some tension there?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 05:01   Link #118
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
ok i am a little confused

tabitha's father was murdered. he was going to be the next KING or the next LORD of his household?

if he was to be the next king, wouldn't that make tabitha and the current queen related? and wouldn't there be some tension there?
King.

I don't think there is a queen. There is a king though.

Old 2008-06-08, 02:10   Link #119
Tran225

will i need to watch season 1 inorder to get season 2, and which season did u guys like best
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 02:38   Link #120
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
will i need to watch season 1 inorder to get season 2, and which season did u guys like best
Yes, it is best you do. I like the first better.