AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 07:57   Link #221
Dark Mage

yeah, I too want to know who the delinquent-looking-guy is and his relationship to Yuki and me too, I keep getting more and more pissed off at Shou.
Old 2009-12-07, 08:10   Link #222
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:40   Link #223
Iron21

Utsumi can't seem to catch a break at all.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
wth!
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 03:14   Link #224
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 16:

I'm really hoping for an ending between Utsumi and Eri now.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 03:38   Link #225
Dark Mage

Spoiler for chapter 16:

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-08 at 09:27.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:15   Link #226
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-08, 08:02   Link #227
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
, that

Seems like the author is taking some sort of pleasure in making the hero suffer. But I wonder how long the readers can endure it when the character they associate to gets new pile of crap dumped on his head with each new issue without anything positive happening?

Yes, I know, that the more pathetic underdog character is, the more impressive his raise becomes, but there really should be a limit to this.

In Medaka such character is Zenkichi, but in there no particularly bad things happen to him - just things showing how useless and pathetic he is, while in here seems that only bad things happen to a hero with whatever the girl he tries to become closer with.

It only seems worse because the guy is actually quite likable and nice and doesn't really do anything bad.

I too wish he would just try to go with Eri because obviously caring for the other two girls will just make him more and more screwed up.

KLGChaos as for the scene

Spoiler for scene:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 08:17   Link #228
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for scene:
Spoiler:

@ Dark Mage, better put that in a spoiler tag before you get some complaints again.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-08, 11:20   Link #229
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Spoiler:

Hmmm, to explain (and translate a little of whats going on)

Spoiler for ch 15:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 11:34   Link #230
Dark Mage

@Darknemo2000, thanks alot for the summary.
Spoiler for chapter16:

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-08 at 15:39.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:12   Link #231
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Hmmm, to explain (and translate a little of whats going on)

Spoiler for ch 15:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-08, 20:01   Link #232
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 11 :

Yuki's developement .
She was raped . Ow , sad ... Reminds me others manga/anime ...
Well , Usumi has changed . We count on you for Yuki huh !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:19   Link #233
jokesock

what is it, like 4 chapters of the main character getting shitted on?

how much does the author think people can endure this before losing interest -_-
jokesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:39   Link #234
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Considering it's only the guys love life that's in the dumps, that's hardly anything. Obviously Yuki only sees him as a friend. Didn't she just say in chapter 11 that she had a hard time believing in love because of what happened to her in the past? And you all expect her to suddenly change her mind within 5 chapters? WTF.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:14   Link #235
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Considering it's only the guys love life that's in the dumps, that's hardly anything. Obviously Yuki only sees him as a friend. Didn't she just say in chapter 11 that she had a hard time believing in love because of what happened to her in the past? And you all expect her to suddenly change her mind within 5 chapters? WTF.
I think she'll take a notice in him as she knows that he's a good guy after getting to know him and he's right now going through pain of not getting the girl he wanted after all the effort he put through. They already went out on a "date" and they seem to click well together so who knows she may give him a chance with her...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 00:21   Link #236
mammothb

it could be that when utsumi somehow gets together with shou, then yuki believes in love and will start to think of utsumi as a romantic partner, cliched but highly possible
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:20   Link #237
Dark Mage

Quote:
Yep! I agree with you, its perfectly plausible that Yuki sees Utsumi only as a friend for now and it would've been quite unrealistic if she suddenly fell in love with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I think she'll take a notice in him as she knows that he's a good guy after getting to know him and he's right now going through pain of not getting the girl he wanted after all the effort he put through. They already went out on a "date" and they seem to click well together so who knows she may give him a chance with her...
Yeah I think so too and I certainly hope so, a steady progress, where they slowly develop their relationship, after getting to know and trust one another more and more is the best. I think even Utsumi will first need to completely get over Shou and gain sincere feelings for Yuki, for Yuki to give him a a chance with her because Yuki will never accept Utsumi if his feelings for her are half-baked as she has already been hurt before and will only accept a sincere and loyal guy who can make her believe in love and men once again, so, if Utsumi only goes after Yuki due to peer-pressure or with half-baked feelings, he will only get rejected and cause hurt to both himself and Yuki. Yuki isn't being cruel, she doesnt even know, that Utsumi can fall in love with her as in her mind Utsumi's feelings for Shou were too strong for him to have a feeling for another gir, so Yuki thinks Utsumi only sees her as a friend and she treats him likewise because honestly it will take quite a while for Yuki to consider a love and a guy again. I am perfectly happy how Yuki and Utsumi's relationship is progressing. I dont see why Utsumi needs to be given a break from his bad-luck and dont agree that nothing good ever happens to him, I mean, what happened to him and Shou happens to alot of teenagers and its all a part of growing up and having to see the girl he loved with someone else is also something that he has to accept and move on as that's life as this would make him stronger and mature while having Yuki by his side as his hope/outlet for his love even if its only at the friendship level now but just having her there beside him is soothing in itself, so its still a "Good-Ending" for Utsumi as it doesnt mean that "Utsumi doesn't get a break does he" which is wrong as Yuki is his break while his mates and Eri are also there for him. Homnestly I dont quite see how Utsumi is being mistreated that horribly

Spoiler for about Shou:

Sorry about the long rant but I dont think GE is as bad as people are making it out to be because I dont think Utsumi is being tortured that badly by the girls around him as much as a Yamato/Haruto and Utsumi is quite a likeable character himself

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-09 at 03:54.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:21   Link #238
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Chapter 11 :

Yuki's developement .
She was raped . Ow , sad ... Reminds me others manga/anime ...
Well , Usumi has changed . We count on you for Yuki huh !
Dunno if you've been following early discussions about this chapter's raw but it's not really clear if she was actually raped. Many people think it was consensual, recorded and shown to some dorks by her former boyfriend, her rather "calm" expression when thinking about it supports this i think. I write this post for I myself like to think that too. I hope it's revealed in the future.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 03:27   Link #239
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Exactly, it's only 16 chapters in as well for a manga that could end up being over 100 chapters if popular enough. Yuki's character would be butchered if she fell in love with him quick yet you have people complaining.. go figure..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:01   Link #240
msuwildog80

hmmm

You are probably right. Drama, good or bad, causes discussion and stimulates interests and sales.

If the two get together now, it would just be another Suzuka situation where silly things happen and the main couple takes 10 chapters to temperary break up, 10 chapters feeling sad, then 10 chapters trying out new things, and at the end back together. As far as I can see it, Yuki seems to be the only real ending here.

Oh point of interest/inquiry:

Some people had said that this was a massively popular oneshot before. And the success of the oneshot directly caused this manga to become a series.
Perhaps someone can share some information on that oneshot so we can make some logical conclusions on future activites? Thanks.
msuwildog80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi