AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-27, 05:15   Link #41
Tournament Kings

Basics

This tournament is Team-Based. You need to create a team that consists of 3 members. Each member will have to fight their own opponents in a series of match-ups. This tournament does include a division for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 systems.

Tournament Start: Two to three weeks after release. [Specific Date TBA]
Round Dates: TBA
Size: 16 Teams - 48 players [Per System]
Registration Ends: When all team spots are filled.
Tournaments: Planning to host another two to three weeks after this.

*NEW* Tournament Bracket - Xbox 360 - Designed by Assassin84 RFP ©

*NEW* Tournament Bracket - Playstation 3 - Designed by Assassin84 RFP ©

TO ALL PS3 PARTICIPANTS

Hey everyone. Due to the amount of success we are getting on our PS3 Division of the tournament, it seems that as of now all team spots are filled including the free agents. We definitely do not want to keep newcomers to be left out of the tournament. So, we need your help by giving us your opinion and thoughts on what our next move should be. There are 3 choices we have in mind.

1st choice - Make a 2nd 16 team Tournament.
2nd - Make a Doubles Ladder.
3rd - Create a singles ladder for those who don't have a team.

Please report to us at our official forums, and vote in our poll. We need to know what you people think. Unfortunately, you have to register to vote. If it's too much of a hassle for you to do so, just post your opinion as a guest.

The Link is http://royalfivepro.proboards.com/in...ndc&thread=946

NOTE - YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER AT THE FORUM. You can post here as a guest to participate.

About Us
Everyone is welcome to participate. We are not forcing anyone to join this tournament. Our team has decided to host tournaments for the upcoming Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 game out of our own free will and time, so please be considerate. We are trying to bring the naruto gaming community together and this project can definetly be a step towards that. It is a great way to meet others to battle against and for personal reasons. We do not ask for money or any sort of entering fee. Please take the time to look at the tournament on our official forums. You DO NOT need to register to view the tournament and all its details. You are free to look at the tournament specifications at any time and choose to your own liking if you would like to be involved or not. However, in order to participate, you must sign up. Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope you will support us.

Link to Tournament

Question & Answer

Q. The game isn't even out yet. How can you expect us to make teams?
A. This tournament is just the start of many tournaments. This is only to get you used to a team style of play for upcoming tournaments. There will be no prizes this tournament so just create teams whether with friends or at random and try to have fun. [More on this on the Official Forums under "Extra".]

Contact Info

tournamentkings@yahoo.com
Tournament Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 08:17   Link #42
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
It surprises me too - UNS1 made a lot of the manga events even *better*. Not only does it look ridiculously close to the anime, the major fights (taming Gamabunta, fighting Gaara, etc) have the look of the anime, and the awesomeness of the manga -- and expand it even further, making it much, much more of an epic fight, and you truly felt being part of the fight.

Man, just talking about the game alone gets me all pumped up.

I played the demo on the ps3, and the Kakashi vs Naruto and Sakura 2.0 is epic.
Yeah, The trailer look fantastic, and ever since I played a Naruto game for
PS2, I was looking for a game like this, I have played both Broken Bond and Rise of the ninja, and dont get me wrong they are entertaining to some point, they look good...but the ugly part start with the fights, The amount of thing you can do are limited in a fight, and when you do a special move, you have to enter a minigame, Character like Sasuke or Naruto don’t need an aim for hitting their mark with Chidory and rasengan, you just need to keep the rasengan or Chidory inside the same circle....but OMG, try to hit a Tsukijomy or Shikas Shadow jutsu, you actually have a crosshair for tuskijoumy and its almost impossible to hit the target....

Anyway, The fights for me are important, and I hope that this game is not going to lack in this department,.
Old 2010-08-29, 11:01   Link #43
herculan

The fights WILL dissapoint you, dont get me wrong I bought the first game and i didnt regret it because Im a big fan... BUT the only possibilities you have are mashing circle button for taijutsu and you get 1 ninjutsu attack trianle circle. and a ultimate ninjutsu attack triangle triangle circle. Its very very very very repetitive.... :S and at least in the first game they had long ultimate jutsus.. here they look the same as normal jutsus.. So you get a game where you smash on 1 button and can use 2 different jutsus per fight.. after 10 fights it gets boring..
Im buying it though lol
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 11:45   Link #44
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Actually NS1 is quite good despite having just O combos...you can pick moves and support, something like Sasuke/Kakashi with chidori/raikiri as support can result in an X strike that cuts a combo and shaves off a life bar...plus there's lots of items (although predetermined) and each character has an awakening mode after dropping to 1 bar. For example, Itachi goes MS (bullet time FTW), Naruto/Sasuke/Lee/Gai/Kimimaro transform into uber forms, etc. My only complaint is a lack of stages and lack of actions when in separate stages (too little interaction), as well as having to finish a mission before trying for the bonus conditions. I'm in no mood to just play the game all over again...

P.S: insane mode uses too much kawarimi, the game's fun and all but it gets super annoying when I finally break out of Kiba's combo only to have him sub and chain me again.
Quote:
try to hit a Tsukijomy or Shikas Shadow jutsu, you actually have a crosshair for tuskijoumy and its almost impossible to hit the target....
Itachi is the most user-friendly player in the game, after activating MS, you can do anything you want. But his Tsukuyomi also works easily if you activate it before your enemy rushes at you or after you use Itachi's throw (which is also really cool since it guarantees girly screaming).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 16:04   Link #45
herculan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Actually NS1 is quite good despite having just O combos...you can pick moves and support, something like Sasuke/Kakashi with chidori/raikiri as support can result in an X strike that cuts a combo and shaves off a life bar...plus there's lots of items (although predetermined) and each character has an awakening mode after dropping to 1 bar. For example, Itachi goes MS (bullet time FTW), Naruto/Sasuke/Lee/Gai/Kimimaro transform into uber forms, etc. My only complaint is a lack of stages and lack of actions when in separate stages (too little interaction), as well as having to finish a mission before trying for the bonus conditions. I'm in no mood to just play the game all over again...

P.S: insane mode uses too much kawarimi, the game's fun and all but it gets super annoying when I finally break out of Kiba's combo only to have him sub and chain me again.

Itachi is the most user-friendly player in the game, after activating MS, you can do anything you want. But his Tsukuyomi also works easily if you activate it before your enemy rushes at you or after you use Itachi's throw (which is also really cool since it guarantees girly screaming).
well I did finish the game completely even WITH all the bonus conditions and buyable extra missions on the playstation store.. and Id still like to say that the combat is fairly simple... The support characters bring in 1hit that barely does anything... the thing i regret most about the game is the fact that you can only use 1 ninjutsu at a time.. And they did it again in ultimate ninja storm 2... before starting a match you choose 1 ninjutsu and 1 ultimate jutsu... because of this the game lacks diversity... just watch carefully at all the vids on youtube.. You see sasuke using dragon flame jutsu, chidori, phoenix floer, chidori sword and some others.. But he never uses more then 2 per video... :'(
Old 2010-08-29, 18:42   Link #46
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
well I did finish the game completely even WITH all the bonus conditions and buyable extra missions on the playstation store.. and Id still like to say that the combat is fairly simple... The support characters bring in 1hit that barely does anything... the thing i regret most about the game is the fact that you can only use 1 ninjutsu at a time.. And they did it again in ultimate ninja storm 2... before starting a match you choose 1 ninjutsu and 1 ultimate jutsu... because of this the game lacks diversity... just watch carefully at all the vids on youtube.. You see sasuke using dragon flame jutsu, chidori, phoenix floer, chidori sword and some others.. But he never uses more then 2 per video... :'(
WOW...i didnt know a thread like this existed...im really looking forward to the game. i would like multiple jutsus in the game (im not sure if this has been confirmed or not) but I guess I'll be content with a UNS1 experience as long as there is depth in the character roster
Old 2010-08-30, 02:08   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The support characters bring in 1hit that barely does anything...
There's many kinds of support...Lee/Neji/Gai can use a whirl to fend off anything, while Naruto/Jiraiya/Kakashi/Sasuke can use rasengan/chidori respectively to chop 1/3 of a life bar each. Plus, all characters have a combo move that can help you shield break your opponent if they're dedicated to blocking, or break his combo before you get pummeled too much. There's also trap attacks, like Tenten's or Itachi's moves, that can secure you a good few seconds to charge your chakra.
Quote:
the thing i regret most about the game is the fact that you can only use 1 ninjutsu at a time
Having played tons of fighting games, I don't really mind, because it gives your characters a personality...unlike DBZ, where you got over 130 characters with the same set of moves and a few different names. I can see why 1 ninjutsu can be a disappointment, but I'm just saying, it could have been worse~
Old 2010-08-30, 09:14   Link #48
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Which game are you reffering to? I was mentioning Broken bond here, and believe me, Doing a tsukijomy is a pain in the A..
Old 2010-08-30, 13:29   Link #49
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was talking about Ninja Storm, he casts a spherical barrier around himself, so if anyone touches it, they get insta-genjutsu'd.
Old 2010-08-31, 08:34   Link #50
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
I was talking about Ninja Storm, he casts a spherical barrier around himself, so if anyone touches it, they get insta-genjutsu'd.
ohhh, that sounds cool then, I want to feel that those characters that are monster feel like you are using a monster instead of someone that does exactly the same as any other character.
Old 2010-08-31, 11:33   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The real powerhouses are Lee/Gai (hachimon opened) and ichibi naruto/CS2 Sasuke. They're uber fast and link some 20+ combos...oh and their normal jutsu slice around a life bar and chase you all the way :P Gotta see which is faster between demon cloak naruto and MS Itachi...
Old 2010-09-06, 08:23   Link #52
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Lars from Tekken6 is unlockable here right?

Or is it the other game?
Old 2010-09-06, 08:28   Link #53
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's for NS2 and afaik it's pre-order only...in other news, I decided on my best three players: Ino, Hinata and Orochimaru, simply because they got curse/sleep tags and highly chainable moves.
Old 2010-09-07, 08:35   Link #54
Rurik
Golden

Just played the demo, it seems is only a small fight from the story mode, and maybe i have been in the dark for too long with Naruto's fighting game, but, I really enjoyed how fluids the fights were as well as the animation.

i'm buying this game as soon as it gets out.
Old 2010-10-09, 03:21   Link #55
RDF2050
Superidol

The lastest trailer of this game

YES, Minato is confirmed :P

Old 2010-10-09, 10:14   Link #56
herculan

After seeing all the characters, watching every movie to understand every detail of this game.. I'vedecided to buy this game... but then something happend..... a few hours ago I saw a video were they made a Naruto Hokage character!!!!!! Latest character to unlock and after that!! well, its an insta-buy right now!!! :P Add me on psn and fight me there
Old 2010-10-11, 20:50   Link #57
Jehuty

RDFMASTER... That video. AMG.

I've already paid for the game, so I just have to pick it up when it's released.

But if I had to pay extra to get the game earlier? I SO would.

If only for Minato's badassness! hot damn.
Old 2010-10-12, 15:02   Link #58
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
After seeing all the characters, watching every movie to understand every detail of this game.. I'vedecided to buy this game... but then something happend..... a few hours ago I saw a video were they made a Naruto Hokage character!!!!!! Latest character to unlock and after that!! well, its an insta-buy right now!!! :P Add me on psn and fight me there
I will add you when I learn how to play this game. It will be the first time I play a Naruto game for PS3. Also, my main is Minato. If you are interest in why i love Minato, check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
RDFMASTER... That video. AMG.

I've already paid for the game, so I just have to pick it up when it's released.

But if I had to pay extra to get the game earlier? I SO would.

If only for Minato's badassness! hot damn.

When i saw Minato is confirmed, I decide to buy the game. Now, when i saw his gameplay, i was completely speechless. Time to own people with Minato Speed :P
Old 2010-10-15, 13:29   Link #59
Reticia

The second game has just been released here in France, and I bought it. Damn, this game is a must-have ! I haven't seen time pass once I started to play.
Old 2010-10-16, 12:18   Link #60
Sasheks

awsm