AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 08:53   Link #81
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh god.... it's really Obito....
I wonder what is Kishi planning....
do he plan to kill Kakashi???
now I just want Naruto to get out from the scene and let Kakashi-Gai finish their childhood friend

but... aaahh!! it's better if Tobi is someone else... I really want Tobi to be the final boss and Naruto will kick his ass... but why Obito???!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:55   Link #82
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Tobi can't be the final boss. Sasuke has been set-up to be the final boss since before he defected.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:55   Link #83
hai_san

I just hope he is not really "the Obito" because if he is, it would be kind of letdown of the Gaiden Series Obito.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:58   Link #84
mayumi

Please let the reason not be because of rin. Obito killed kushina and tried to blow up a new born baby. just ley him be brainwashed or something. It just can't be because of rin.

It is a shame cause I loved obito.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:58   Link #85
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus View Post
Misdirection is a funny thing but I'll wait and see how Kishi will explain how Obito was THE FIRST MIZUKAGE. Tobi vs Minato and Konan doesn't really indicate anything against him being Obito since they both happened after Obito presumably died, but giving him the Rinnegan and being the first Mizukage are pretty big plot-holes. I don't see how you can deny them as such.
I think when Kisame met Tobi the first time, it was Izuna who was the first Mizukage (remember the long hair Tobi had when he met Kisame and later Itachi) and Izuna and Zetsu brainwashed Obito or made his hatred against Kakashi, Konoha and dying in war bigger and tought him everything, then Izuna died or was killed by Obito OR Izuna posses Obito.
Old 2012-08-29, 08:59   Link #86
yakumo-chan

This is what Im feel right now,
I can feel what Squidword can feel here in this video,
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Squidword = Obito Fans
Squilliam = ANti Obito Fans
SWEET VICTORY BABY!

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-08-29 at 09:10.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:59   Link #87
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
I think when Kisame met Tobi the first time, it was Izuna who was the first Mizukage (remember the long hair Tobi had when he met Kisame and later Itachi) and Izuna and Zetsu brainwashed Obito or made his hatred against Kakashi, Konoha and dying in war bigger and tought him everything, then Izuna died or was killed by Obito OR Izuna posses Obito.
I'm sold. Tobi is therefore multiple people? I think I can live with this.
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:03   Link #88
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

and also remember that Madara took the RIGHT eye from Izuna and then both faked Izunas death and Izuna started to wear the first mask
Old 2012-08-29, 09:06   Link #89
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
and also remember that Madara took the RIGHT eye from Izuna and then both faked Izunas death and Izuna started to wear the first mask
Explaining the eye that was lost in the Konan fight! I'm subscribing to said theory! Thank you!
Old 2012-08-29, 09:09   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I always thought the eye that was lost in the Konan fight was just any old sharingan he had lying around.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:09   Link #91
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hmm.... well, let's do some positive thinking...
maybe 'real Tobi' is controlling Obito from his hideout just like how Nagato controlled Yahiko
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:13   Link #92
james0246

I'm still don't see the similarity between Naruto and Obito, or at least nothing beyond a fairly simplistic level. True Obito was brash and I guess his clan was something of a burden, but he was still an above-average shinobi that became a chuunin by the age of 11, and was well on his way to his own personal greatness shortly before his death. At best he could be described as a Naruto-lite, but even that feels like a simplistic description. No, Obito was a unique character and shoehorning him (and Jiraiya, and any other character placed in one of the team trios) to Naruto seems a tad disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
maybe 'real Tobi' is controlling Obito from his hideout just like how Nagato controlled Yahiko
I'm not sure how that is "positive". Tobi is either Obito or he is not. Using half-measures does the character no good and ultimately feels like pandering to the audience.

Quote:
Misdirection is a funny thing but I'll wait and see how Kishi will explain how Obito was THE FIRST MIZUKAGE.
Who said Tobi was ever the 1st Mizukage? Kisame recognizing him need be nothing more than Kisame recognizing the man who controlled Yagura (consequently making Tobi the "real" Mizukage even if he was never elected).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:14   Link #93
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I always thought the eye that was lost in the Konan fight was just any old sharingan he had lying around.
That's what I had thought too, although it's a bit of a stretch to think any old Sharingan can use Izanagi.

Quote:
That's what I thought at first, although Black0raz0r's theory also seems legit.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:14   Link #94
erpi

I'm pretty sure that M. Night Shyamalan wrote this chapter.
erpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:15   Link #95
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

I don't know if you have considered this but ummmm maybe Tobi LIED about giving eyes to Nagato, maybe it was not him, but rather real Madara ? Sigh
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:18   Link #96
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
That's what I had thought too, although it's a bit of a stretch to think any old Sharingan can use Izanagi.
Any old Sharingan CAN use Izanagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm still don't see the similarity between Naruto and Obito, or at least nothing beyond a fairly simplistic level. True Obito was brash and I guess his clan was something of a burden, but he was still an above-average shinobi that became a chuunin by the age of 11, and was well on his way to his own personal greatness shortly before his death. At best he could be described as a Naruto-lite, but even that feels like a simplistic description. No, Obito was a unique character and shoehorning him (and Jiraiya, and any other character placed in one of the team trios) to Naruto seems a tad disingenuous.
No need to get defensive. Having parallel roles does not mean the characters have to be carbon copies of eachother. Hell, the only requisite to be a Sakura is to be a girl.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:23   Link #97
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Quote:
Explaining the eye that was lost in the Konan fight! I'm subscribing to said theory! Thank you!
as Dengar said... he lost his eye in the battle against Konan when he used Izanagi and is some radom sharingan from his lab....

I would say "it's explaining why Tobi (when he met Kisame and Itachi with long hairs) wear this white mask with one whole for the left eye.
lets say Tobi was Izuna till he fought against Minato and/or till he met Itachi...

then Obito became Tobi and got a new mask... the orange one... and Izuna became a part of Zetsu which explains why Zetsu is talking like someone with Schizophrenia.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:24   Link #98
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
after seeing recycled concepts again and again like the Love Triangle concept in naruto (nagato, konan, yahiko) and (naruto, sakura, sasuke) and now (kakashi, rin, obito) i guess that is possible to happen like others said Obito has his body but is controlled or possesed by Uchiha Izuna maybe

and also someone catch this on another forum

Spoiler for pics:

good catch, since Obito died after Minato became Hokage - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Minato_Namikaze

it maybe just Obito's imagination though like he imagines Minato as a Hokage at that time when he is still alive or that they draw that panel wrong
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:31   Link #99
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
No need to get defensive. Having parallel roles does not mean the characters have to be carbon copies of eachother. Hell, the only requisite to be a Sakura is to be a girl.
Defensive?

That wasn't my point. Kishimoto himself is trying to argue that Naruto could become Tobi/Obito based on their simplistic comparison. Being brash and liking a girl who doesn't like you does not equal trying to take over the world.

As an aside, Sakura gets a bit of a bum rap (especially due to anime filler and the recent debacle with Sasuke after the Danzou fight), but she is an actual three dimensional character (more so than Naruto and Sasuke at times). Sure, she is a brat, weak and 'useless', but she is still standing there with the titans and trying to do her best. She is a normal girl amongst the elite (honestly, she reminds me more of Obito than Naruto does). I can still recall how quickly she jumped in front of that Old Bridge Builder way back when, attempting to defend him, even though she knew she was the weakest link. She makes mistakes, sometimes she learns from them other times she regresses, but she has always constantly sought to improve herself (even if only by minute steps or for the wrong reasons), eventually becoming one of the most powerful female characters in the entire series (for whatever that is worth in a series that seems to intentionally limit the power (or at least never showcase the power) of its female characters). Sakura is, to me, the most human character in the series. (That being said, it is fun to make fun of Sakura...)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:32   Link #100
Night_Music
The End of Light

Well, no surprise here... But if it were, say Goku, under that mask, I'd be very surprised...

Spoiler for social media does work fast:

Credit goes to rightful owners...
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion