AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2003-12-28, 16:47   Link #1
Spooky-Electric

Turn A Gundam?

Has this been licensed? I don't think it has yet I don't see it on the list here at AnimeSuki?
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 17:31   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

No it hasn't, but I'm sure someone will come here and say something about Bandai promising that all Gundam shows are licensed or whatever...

But it's not listed because no major BT using group's actually doing this... Anime Gundam is but they are slow and their BT's don't really exist (or maybe they do, I don't know). MSG is but they don't use BT and their subs are horrendous.
Old 2003-12-28, 17:42   Link #3
method

Its not a matter of if a show will be licensed but a question of when. :P
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 17:45   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Its not a matter of if a show will be licensed but a question of when. :P
Heh, heh, there we go.
Old 2003-12-28, 17:49   Link #5
Thelastguardian

it definitely featured the weirdest(in other word, ugly) design of all gundam however.
Old 2003-12-28, 20:17   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

IMO the Turn A looks great when animated. It does look weird if you just look at the pics though.
Old 2003-12-28, 20:35   Link #7
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

It had the great Mustache Gundam didn't it? ^_^
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 20:42   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
It had the great Mustache Gundam didn't it? ^_^
Ditto:

Compare that to

Does seem weird, doesn't it? But you just gotta love the mustache.
Old 2003-12-28, 20:58   Link #9
Thelastguardian

lol you actually took the pain to post all the pic...

yeah and that gundam doesnt look weird at all
Old 2003-12-28, 21:01   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
lol you actually took the pain to post all the pic...

yeah and that gundam doesnt look weird at all
Nah, I already have them all as avatars in my site, so it was as simple as typing in the urls... Anyway, it's a cool pose so I guess it doesn't look as weird here (the Mark II seems to look uglier).
Old 2003-12-28, 22:47   Link #11
Relentless
Certifiably insane

And on a related question, how many compilations movies were made? First reports I heard were three, but I have seen DVDs for only two
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 23:11   Link #12
method

There were two movies made. Earthlight and Moonlight Butterfly.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 11:10   Link #13
Darkchaser
Punii Punii Darkie

No point with the movies. Two of them are just not enough to tell the whole story of Turn A. I regret buying them, as now I need to get the full series just to fully understand the whole story.

I too hated the Turn A Gundam at first, but it really will grow on you. The whole series is animated wonderfully, even better than Gundam Seed at times. It's also nice to see the Bjorn, AKA Zaku in action again

Don't be fooled by the weird Gundam. Turn A is one of the best Gundam series, IMO, and I feel it is unfortunate the people dismiss it just because it doesn't have a normal Gundam. It also nicely collects all Gundams under one umbrella, finally showing some kind of relationship between all the Gundam shows.
Darkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 03:26   Link #14
WreaksHavoc
Super Deformed!

Send a message via AIM to WreaksHavoc
I can really apreciate what you said about Turn A. I rarely ever find anyone with anything nice to say about it. I can understand why some people might find it hard to follow especially for someone who is not familiar with UC Gundam (or anyone who's not used to horable Engrish). Its nice to know that despite the bad subing there are some people(other than me) who bothy understand and enjoy it.
WreaksHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:18   Link #15
ThePowerOfAnime
Save Water. Drink Beer.

a lotta people say that. I saw turn A but wasn't my cuppa tea. I was too use to the 'traditional' gundams. Maybe they shouldn't have used the name gundam. The name gundam reminds me of Bigass guns, modern/future space battles, etc (u get the drift). They should have just called it a totally different series altogether. Then 'link' it to gundam series. That would prob have been more popular.

So mate, if you really wanna enjoy the series, DONT remind yourself it's a gundam. Remind yourself this is 'another mecha series'. THEN after watching it, u call it gundam.
ThePowerOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 20:00   Link #16
ths1138

#Anime-Gundam is still subbing it, but yeah, we're slow (can't help it if it's mostly a one-man team). And it's also available through BT. I'm sure if you search either for Turn A Gundam or #Anime-Gundam on the site, you'll be able to find it. Here's the link anyway - http://anime-gundam.edwardk.info/bittorrent/

And yeah, there are also not much seeders (I'm probably the only one AFAIK). I also run an fserve on my irc channel if anyone still remembers what it is and how to use one. And yes, it's slow too... -_-;;

So far we've released till episode 24. 25 and 26 should be out any time in the next 2 weeks.

ths1138
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 20:46   Link #17
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I haven't seen all the gundams, of those I have seen it would be the newer ones from Gundam Wing onwards.

That said, I enjoyed Turn A the most out of all. I'm not really a mecha/action/shounen fan and more of a drama/romance/slice of life viewer, so it's a no brainer that Turn A would be the series that I enjoyed the most.

Still, I'm a little sad at the ending because

Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 21:08   Link #18
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
And on a related question, how many compilations movies were made? First reports I heard were three, but I have seen DVDs for only two
Relentless, did you know your signature is one of my favorite all time quotes from Die Legende Der Sternhelden?

Although in the original novel, the quote is actually "ADVANCE! For the Goddess of Victory is already waving her undies at you!"

See, 'Proceed' is just UN-Bittenish.

- Tak ("Yang is completely worthless from the neck down!", Alex Caselnes)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 00:49   Link #19
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Like said there are only two movies. There really should have been three. They don't try to cram everything into two films. They just cut the entire sea arc and launch into space arcs out. That's annoying but I can see why they did it but still annoying. The only major problem with the films I saw is that the pacing for the first half of the first movie is insanely fast. The first 5 to 10 episodes is done in about 5 minutes I think.

I really do hope this gets brought over. I'd glady preorder a copy if they just do that. This happens to be my favorite Gundam series. I also agree the Turn A Gunam looks a LOT better when animated. The whole mustache you get used to fairly quickly I feel.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 06:03   Link #20
Panon

The second movie is actually a fair bit better, but the compression on the first one is just nutty and makes it barely watchable.

Which is a shame, some of the newly animated scenes are a big improvement. I didn't miss the launching arc because it was probably one of the weakest parts of the series, especially the short arc with the aztecs or whatever they were meant to be.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote