AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 15:52   Link #1
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Have you ever been in LOVE?

This may be a very personal question but thought hey lets all share experiences..
So have you ever been in LOVE???
What was the out come? and would you ever what to be in love again?

Me:I think so....
The outcome was bad, he was too old for me my mum hated him and i doubt he really loved me back any way and people always said "its puppy love" (puppy love my A**) :-(
If being in love feels like how i felt i dont ever want to love again,
I wish sometimes i had a restart button where i could just wish we'd never met to spare my self the heart ache...

How did you feel?
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 16:08   Link #2
Ending

Once, and perhaps still a bit. Just a pity it would never work out.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 16:11   Link #3
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@Rhia,

I can feel with you. Uhm well, when I was younger I've been in a similar situation. I still don't know who/what is to blame, maybe the age, maybe society.
But you are still young. You will surely experience other types of relationships. They can differ very much, can provide a heavenly nice time, but it is sometimes unavoidable to have some sad times too.
Old 2004-07-11, 16:35   Link #4
Necrodeath

I've been in love twice, once when I was like 9 or something (Not really mentionable, but it was the first girl I fell in love with), and then there was a girl 2 years ago...
We met eachother in Diablo2: Lord of Destruction (it's true), we then exchanged email adresses, and begun chatting. After a while I wanted to meet her, and we did. We had a relationship for like a year, before she broke up with me. That was the saddest day in my life so far...
As for my current girlfriend, I love her very much, but I'm not "in love" with her.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 16:53   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Just once,

I've been in several relationships but only truly in love once. After I got together with her I sacrificed alot for that relationship, I wanted to make it perfect, in the end it didn't work out and we broke up. I was seriously depressed for months after that, basically sleeping all day and getting drunk in the evening or just feeling bad.
But I got over it, and I realised that in a relationship you can give up some personal things for the other but it has to come from both sides. No use changing yourself just to be with that one person, in the end you are cheating yourself and it won't work anyway.
Whatever happens, be yourself, don't let people tell you the way you have to be...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 16:58   Link #6
HoboGod
Necromancer

FUCK NO! well... i did have a crush on one girl when I was 7, then another girl when I was 14, and then another when I was 16.... but looking back on those times, i really forget why I liked those girls, the first one was conceeded, the second one was a bitch, and the third one was a dumbass...

hmmmm, but i must admit there was one girl that I fell in love with... but she was from a video game:

Infested Kerrigan from Starcraft... she was hideous on the outside, but she was even more hideous on the inside. her lust for power and betrayal of humans was such a turn on.

too bad she isn't real....
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:04   Link #7
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Once, and I still am. If you still feel the sameway about someone after 5 years, weither you're together or not, you know you are.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:30   Link #8
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
Well, sadly the only time I recall being truly "In Love" was when I was a child (age 5 to 10). I don't know it was love or just deep friendhip for a female person, but sadly I never had again such strong feelings for such a long period of time. On a sidenote, although we were close friends, my love was never returned (and for some reason I still dream of her from time to time, some 15 years after it all happened....)
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:31   Link #9
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I don't know if I've been in love or not. I've certainly liked a lot of girls, but I don't know at what point you classify it as 'love'. This is just my opinion, but I think if you claim that you have fallen in love with someone, they have to love you back in at least some way or another. *shrugs*
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:50   Link #10
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I doubt if I've ever been in LOVE, but I have done LOVE LOVE.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:52   Link #11
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I don't know if I've been in love or not. I've certainly liked a lot of girls, but I don't know at what point you classify it as 'love'. This is just my opinion, but I think if you claim that you have fallen in love with someone, they have to love you back in at least some way or another. *shrugs*

i agree.....i dont think it was love...just a crush....felt wierd around her but i really admired her a lot....too bad shes taken.......id always fall for the wrong girls
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:55   Link #12
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I doubt if I've ever been in LOVE, but I have done LOVE LOVE.
Are jelly fish's even able to feel love? Or do you have some other version of love?

As for me...I mostly have crushes...but after a day or so i realize that most of hte people i like i won't be able to live with since they'll end up annoying me too much...

although...there is one person....but she's taken
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:26   Link #13
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba

There's an exellent title by the Buzzcoks that bears nearly the same title as this thread "Have you ever fallen in love with someone?" that I just happpened to think about while reading this thread again.
On a sdenote, I find the lyrics somewhat relevent to the topic discussed .
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:29   Link #14
Lady Yanami
There's always a catch...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Yanami Send a message via MSN to Lady Yanami

I've been in love once and only once. And I married him.
I met him online in a chatroom. We've been together for 7 years and married for almost 5 years (coming up). It's a great thing when you find the one you love and you get to be together forever. It's a wonderful feeling as well.
Lady Yanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:47   Link #15
msgpoisoning

THere are different types of love.

This website puts it nicely:

Romantic love --this lover thinks constantly about the loved one, is jealous, unrealistic, will tolerate anything, is sexually attracted by physical appearance, needs repeated reassurance he/she is loved in return. Typically lasts a few months or a few years (some anthropologists say it lasts 4 years, i.e. until the baby is through nursing and can walk and run. Then the love bond releases the more powerful males to find another female to impregnate with his genes.)

Best friend or companionate love --this lover enjoys the companionship and intimacy of a close friendship. It is a comfortable, slowly developing, trusting, committed relationship, not intense excitement, desperation, or sexual obsessions.

Unselfish love --the lover is devoted and self-sacrificing to the loved one, gives without expecting anything in return, is gentle, caring, and dutiful.

Logical love --the lover carefully selects the "right person" logically, looking for someone with compatible interests, similar education and religion, a harmonious personality, common values, and long-term goals.

Game-playing love --this person may be charming but is hardly a lover; he/she merely enjoys the dating game. He/she relishes the meeting, the impressing, the seducing, the challenge of a conquest but usually makes it clear there is little or no long-term commitment to the other person.
There are other kinds of loves and lovers, of course, like the one who searches for a physical ideal--a great body or some specific bodily feature--or the one who is so possessive he/she wants to control the other person and gets physically sick or depressed or does foolish things when the relationship seems threatened.

http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap10/chap10d.htm
msgpoisoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 19:06   Link #16
RichMan
????

Twice, Once when I was in 2nd grade and the other is now.

It's a love so strong that i'm actually too shy to confront her and tell her my feeling. I've had crushes on girls before and it wasn't a sweat to talk to them, but it's just she's so perfect to me
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:01   Link #17
wnkryo
HainShodan

I have been in love with 50 girls before.

Then the miss america contest ended...
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:47   Link #18
LIQUIDCELL

Responses to this thread cracks me up. Such cynicism.

And to Rhia: You'll get over it. The fact that you started this thread about love/hate tells me you're still aching. Get out more and have fun, and that would mean less electronic interaction and sulking.

Either accelerate or deteriorate. Your choice.

~Kirsten
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:58   Link #19
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I have been in love with 50 girls before.

Then the miss america contest ended...
LMAOROF !!!!!!!

Anywho, I dated a few girls before I can tell the difference between love and plain old physical attraction. Hmm I'm currently happily married to the girl that I feel that I'm in love with. She awesome in everyway, and she does everything to make me happy, and of course I try to do the best for her. Sometimes I ask myself how can a nerd like me get a super girl like her. well all i have to say is love worked for me, and I am truly happy with the way things are going in my life right now.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:02   Link #20
Shadowlord
~DESU

never been in love, but definitally in LUST. lol
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote