Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 23:09   Link #181
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
id actually like it sent to me a summary of the story so far by PM or on here. As for the sister thing it can be another oreimo where the sister like the brother but your not sure if its as a sister or loving him. I wouldn't mind that this light novel from what ive gathered(which isn't much) is too serious for a comedy bro-con like baka and test
As much of a wincest fan I am, I don't sense any bro-con tendencies from the sis. Overcaring...maybe but definitely not to the point of possible romance/chemistry between the siblings. Remember the above posts state that the love rivalry of harem vs. sis was mostly one sided (kind of like Kuroko vs. Touma on the subject of misaka from index)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 02:44   Link #182
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, i hope somebody translates the LNs to english. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 04:13   Link #183
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looks like the anime has already boosted the LN sales.

Weekly Light Novel Ranking for Jan 3 - 9
*6, 11,378 *,*63,609 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.1
*8, *9,622 *,*60,706 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.2
*9, *8,292 *,*58,613 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.3

Weekly Oricon Light Novel Ranking for Dec 27 - Jan 2
*9, *9,177 *,*46,487 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.6

Going by those figures it looks like around 50k is what a volume sold prior to the anime, first ep of the anime airs and it's already got the first 3 volumes nearly selling 10k each, I remember Bake, Baka Test, DRRR and OreNo had the same happen during the airing of their anime shows as well, though I don't think it happened so quickly.

Since Ep 1 aired late into that selling week it should sell pretty decently into the current week as well, especially if ep 2 is strong and gets more people to check out the LNs. Having 2-3 novels selling 12-9k a week for like 6-8 weeks during the anime airing is a pretty good indicator for the anime selling decently as well, considering how of the 4 above mentioned shows (Bake = 78k), Baka Test (5k??), DRRR (20k) and OreNo (20k + off vol 1) they all sold well except for Baka Test... and even that is getting a 2nd season anyway.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 08:04   Link #184
ZeKeR
Superbad

im pretty sure that the IS armor will be added with high intensity range weapons sooner or later... thanks to a certain user, most IS are usually CQB levels and only a few use range for combat... that ojou-sama's is the only thing that prolly uses independent drones for combat
Old 2011-01-13, 09:04   Link #185
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
He just finished the 6th volume not to long ago so I assume he's doing much better.
nice thats some hope for a second season of the anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 09:29   Link #186
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
im pretty sure that the IS armor will be added with high intensity range weapons sooner or later... thanks to a certain user, most IS are usually CQB levels and only a few use range for combat... that ojou-sama's is the only thing that prolly uses independent drones for combat
You're quite wrong on this one. Almost all IS is equipped on mid or long range weaponry(even Houki's, although the weapon is shaped as sword). The only exception to this is Ichika since theoretically, Ichika can defeat any enemy in 1 hit using his weapon(since it hit through energy shield).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:15   Link #187
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think this was asked once, but the incest topic derailed it...

Has there been any back history or explanation as to why Ichika is able to operate an IS? Is it one of them he just can type of things, since I doubt it's because Chifuyu is his sister like some of the students were mumbling in episode one...

In Dual Parallel we were giving a meh type of reason why Kazuki could, but I doubt there's another alternative world in this one...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:34   Link #188
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The reason is not explained yet, but Chifuyu thought it was one of Tabane's prank that make him able to pilot a IS. With the introduction of the new enemy with the exact same face as Chifuyu though, it open a possibility of cloning technique being used as part of the reason.
Old 2011-01-13, 13:19   Link #189
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the info, so there's a chance that some Ichika lookalikes popping up in the future? Not sure if that would be a good call if the author went that route, but that's just me...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 13:51   Link #190
kramerica

Spoiler for question about cecillia and ichika:

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 17:56   Link #191
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Spoiler for question about cecillia and ichika:
Vol 3, minutes before the "talk" between the girls and Chifuyu, Hence why she referenced that Cecilia should know all about how good Ichika is.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:09   Link #192
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The reason is not explained yet, but Chifuyu thought it was one of Tabane's prank that make him able to pilot a IS. With the introduction of the new enemy with the exact same face as Chifuyu though, it open a possibility of cloning technique being used as part of the reason.
or maybe Ichika actually is not Chifuyu's real brother. Madoka said something like she is "Ichika" isnt she? maybe she is Chifuyu's real sibling. Madoka would be in Ichika's position if he weren't exist.

But still, Ichika being shot is a good lesson for him (if he really were being shot) he'd realized how serious the situation is now, to buy some drinks alone after some terrorists attacked the event he was in just a few hours ago is just unthinkable, or maybe he is a real idiot then
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:12   Link #193
Asuras
Dictadere~!

That's like wandering around a bank that robbers are holding up inside of. Not minding the many guns trained at the entrance.
All in the name of a refreshment.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:29   Link #194
demonfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
That's like wandering around a bank that robbers are holding up inside of. Not minding the many guns trained at the entrance.
All in the name of a refreshment.
Getting in the way of Tallahassee and his Twinkies is a big No-No

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Chifuyu's BSOD/berserk face when she sees her lil' bro collapsed and bleeding heavily (If he actually was shot)
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:59   Link #195
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Something about anime makes me think it wouldn't be as drastic a reaction as any other normal human being, but then again, what kind of anime character is normal?
Old 2011-01-14, 00:16   Link #196
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Though I wouldn't mind seeing Chifuyu's BSOD/berserk face when she sees her lil' bro collapsed and bleeding heavily (If he actually was shot)
This type of thing I oddly like seeing in manga/anime.
But problem is it's mostly the initial shock will send the Onee-chan into a frenzy but then quickly subsides after finding out lil bro is not actually injured or it ends up being a small injury.
Rarely do they ever put the protag at deaths door(like being shot fatally) and have a little focus on other character at that point, in which case it's rarely the sister if she isn't a main character of sorts.

I love seeing older sister going off the deep end after seeing lil bro hurt but it's not often you get to see it.
Nothing actually comes to mind when I think about but I know I've seen it before.
Old 2011-01-14, 00:38   Link #197
AlaAlba

the teachers in IS world are useless so far, even so Chifuyu. how could they stay doing nothing in those terrorist incidents. or maybe the author don't have the brain to think that far.

the logic would be guards, who maybe teachers or agents from governments, have to be guarding the arenas in those incidents. yet there's no single one who make a move, or mentioned doing that. in vol 6 it was mentioned somewhere that the guards are alot.

wtf are they doing? flirting with the girls? likely so

edit: oh I forgot the guards must be girls/women too.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-01-14 at 01:11.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 05:34   Link #198
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Chifuyu no longer has her IS IIRC. Maya, still has her IS though(a same type IS as Charlotte, although Charlotte's IS is customized for her style).
Old 2011-01-14, 05:39   Link #199
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Chifuyu no longer has her IS IIRC. Maya, still has her IS though(a same type IS as Charlotte, although Charlotte's IS is customized for her style).
was the IS power suit of hers one of the originals teh sister of houki made? and ima thinking that it was destroyed or was taken into UN and is being studied....

why am i seeing thar power blades besides houki's to be like lightsabers? at least hers is shaped like a true katana...
Old 2011-01-15, 02:15   Link #200
dark998

Question: Ichika and Cecilia fight again later in the story?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen