AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 23:46   Link #2061
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I just caught up to the translations. I really think that Yozora needs an actual therapist or a counsellor or something like that. She seems to have really bad self esteem issues.
Old 2014-03-06, 08:32   Link #2062
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I just caught up to the translations. I really think that Yozora needs an actual therapist or a counsellor or something like that. She seems to have really bad self esteem issues.
This is the result of her personality she has developed over the years.

For Yozora to change is like you chop down an already developed tree and look which roots are still healthy.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:27   Link #2063
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So basically you want Yozora to keep her worst character traits and not change to be a better person at all? Jeez.
Old 2014-03-06, 13:09   Link #2064
Johnny
Working the bags...

You just have to take whatever they say at face value because they're a delusional hardcore Sena shipper and every other character is shit...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 13:24   Link #2065
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even as a Sena shipper I can see that Yozora is in serious need of help. Romance doesn't even factor into it, that girl really needs to change for the better.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:45   Link #2066
Birdway
Banned

I thought that was obvious since here "Taka and Sora" plan to make Kodaka "return in time" trough the series events.

Some times power of frienship helps but some times you need to pay visit to Detroit.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 23:53   Link #2067
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Even as a Sena shipper I can see that Yozora is in serious need of help. Romance doesn't even factor into it, that girl really needs to change for the better.
I get the feeling that helping her just let go of of the idea of Kodaka is the best first step for that. She' too held up on one person that she doesn't care about anyone else. She'll never open up unless she lets go of that past and aims for the future.
Old 2014-03-09, 21:45   Link #2068
Yye1
Wide Right

Hi, any news on volume 10?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 21:57   Link #2069
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Definitely agreed. In fact, judging from the spoilers I heard, rather than Kodaka, she needs to fix her relationship with Sena and her sister.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 11:57   Link #2070
mironicus

Quote:
So basically you want Yozora to keep her worst character traits and not change to be a better person at all? Jeez.
And you really believe that Yozora can change into a "Normal" she hates so much? That is basically what Kodaka wants to achieve with his help (his wish to achieve a happy end for everyone).

Do you have any experience with people who isolated themselves over many years and developed an anti-social personality?

Do you know how you can treat such people?

How would you feel if someone tells you that the way you lived your whole life was completely wrong? You will not accept that.

Isolated people are also developing a mindset that keeps them isolated. They rely on those things they know and every change in their life is like a threat that breaks their peace (Kodaka also had problems with changes in his life).

Yozora will fight against any attempt to change her personality!
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 12:23   Link #2071
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Do you have any experience with people who isolated themselves over many years and developed an anti-social personality?

How would you feel if someone tells you that the way you lived your whole life was completely wrong? You will not accept that.
I AM one such person myself, thank you very much, and even I can recognize it's not healthy or right.
Old 2014-03-12, 17:14   Link #2072
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

She needs to strike a balance between her isolated self, and a way to (at the very least) interact with others at a reasonable level. I myself consider myself anti-social, i don't "willingly" go out to socialize at bars, parties, or events (save certain nearby anime conventions). My family considers that weird (mostly my fathers side) as i sometimes even sit out for family functions. But on the rare occasion i do go out, i'm actually fairly easy to talk to once i get going, and i enjoy the company of others, do i prefer this to being alone and doing my own thing, not usually but it is a nice change of pace once in awhile. The thing i don't like however, is being "forced" into those situations, my father and i have a slightly strained relationship because he forced me to do some of the above events against my will (which he quickly learned his lesson cause man was i a buzzkill when i don't want to be there). If i were to approach Yozora (cause even i think her case is a little too extreme) i wouldn't make her go straight into "normal" activities, instead i would focus on having her open up to one individual that has similar tendencies as her, in this case Kobato is probably the best match, she has many of Yozora's traits without being incredibly withdrawn (only difference is other people like Kobato and try to get close to her while Yozora keeps people away, something i think Kobato envies), were i in Kodaka's shoes, i'd actually try and get those two on relatively good terms to the point where Yozora acts like her old self (the 10yrs ago version) around Kobato and then i'd try and help her.
Old 2014-03-13, 20:03   Link #2073
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
And you really believe that Yozora can change into a "Normal" she hates so much? That is basically what Kodaka wants to achieve with his help (his wish to achieve a happy end for everyone).

Isolated people are also developing a mindset that keeps them isolated. They rely on those things they know and every change in their life is like a threat that breaks their peace (Kodaka also had problems with changes in his life).

Yozora will fight against any attempt to change her personality!
And your point is?

Even though Yozora may not like it, and even though it may be difficult, that doesn't mean that people who care about her shouldn't try to help her.

Right now is in fact the best time to help her, when she may feel the need to make changes in her life. If you leave her alone like this, she's going to end up completely unhappy for the rest of her life.

Old 2014-03-14, 02:07   Link #2074
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
And your point is?

Even though Yozora may not like it, and even though it may be difficult, that doesn't mean that people who care about her shouldn't try to help her.

Right now is in fact the best time to help her, when she may feel the need to make changes in her life. If you leave her alone like this, she's going to end up completely unhappy for the rest of her life.
Even if other make her change. I don't think that will do one any good unless "she" wants herself to change. And right now Yozora is currently in a spiral of depression and the only one who can make her get out of there is herself. So Yozora needs no help from others. She only needs help from herself.
Old 2014-03-14, 08:39   Link #2075
Magicwrath
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Even if other make her change. I don't think that will do one any good unless "she" wants herself to change. And right now Yozora is currently in a spiral of depression and the only one who can make her get out of there is herself. So Yozora needs no help from others. She only needs help from herself.
Exactly what I was thinking. She needs to learn that not everything will go the way she wants it to go and she has to see herself that she's doing is wrong
Magicwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 03:12   Link #2076
kazzuya13

The translation for haganai chapter Bento has been updated. Really love Rika.
Old 2014-03-17, 12:10   Link #2077
GenesiD

Even though I ship SenaXKodaka, I ultimately don't care who he ends up with, if he does that is.
I just hope this doesn't end like school days. Knowing Yozora's personality...
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 00:14   Link #2078
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
The translation for haganai chapter Bento has been updated. Really love Rika.
Yup. To me, the best part was at the end. I had always wondered a little about Rika's exact relationship with Sena, and her little speech about Sena being a human she can compete against and make friends with was nicely done.

Old 2014-03-19, 08:15   Link #2079
OkabeKudo

That chapter was funny the bento part was best I knew from the beginning that she would eat his bento and he hers. That's so cliché but I love cliché . I love guhehe (the translators) they are fast with translating .
OkabeKudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 09:49   Link #2080
kazzuya13

The next chapter will probably be about the student council.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen