Old 2008-01-24, 10:04   Link #81
tatami
back in black

nice too see his bastard face lol
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:12   Link #82
Sasuke_Bateman
No

This chapter is very confusing, why does he want Sasuke when Sasuke doesn't even have the MS!!
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:18   Link #83
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
This definitely came as a suprise, but it had to when the explanation seems so bs. If thats kishi's final answer then i'll go with it. I really don't see Itachi dying by Sasuke's hand, but maybe he will indeed go blind. Of course he could be offed by one of the last remaining Akatsuki members.
Old 2008-01-24, 10:30   Link #84
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Itachi used to be much cooler than his brother... but now that his brother become calmer and stronger while Itachi goes insane....
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:38   Link #85
Mists

Hmm...so Madara killed his bro for eternal mangekyuo? Okay, so maybe they were on an even level since they had both awaken Mangekyuo at the same time.

But now Sasuke has no disadvantage with Itachi's Mangekyuo disabled, although it looks like he's trying to use it.

So in the beginning Itachi knew about this thing and waited until Sasuke activated it? But it seems too late because Sasuke still hasn't (or has he?)

Damn this is a bit much, everyone wants a piece of Sasuke, first Oro and his body and now Itachi and his eyes...

So Kakashi must be losing his sight as well?

Still, wonder why Obito is 1-eyed....Unless he bro still exists and they traded eyes!

So Itachi is just obsessed with his own capacity? He doesn't even really care about Akatsuki?

Things need to get explained....
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:44   Link #86
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Well there should no longer be any debate about who's a better ninja. Jiraiya is and always been a better nin than Itachi. Even in death. We all know Jiraiya would never lose his cool.
Is Kisame like the only sane Akatsuki member in this series? Do they all have to flip out at the last second? Let's run this down.

Zetsu = Multiple personalities ftl.
Pein = Thinks he's God.
Konan = Thinks Pein's God.
Sasori = Killed his parents and turned them into puppets... and then himself.
Deidara = ... moving on.
Hidan = Religious nutbar.
Kakuzu = Taking on half the leaf and still thinking he can win? Yeah sure.
Itachi = *see Deidara*
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:03   Link #87
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I think that in a different way.
So, We see that in a different perspective.

Quote:
That is really strange. The way the script is written, it is giving the impression that after Madara received the MS-eye from his brother, he was able to get rid of all the possible problems with the eye, including the possibly eyesight loss his brother should have been suffering.
Yes, I guess that the mystic way of getting the MS, applies for the eternal MS, Getting the eyes from your brother, and this erase any eye problem the MS you a taking has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Let the character death march be played for our dear Itachi:
Spoiler for Once upon a time, he was a cool ninja!:
It seems the Sharingan has the ability to copy insane villain Laughs, take a look:

Spoiler:

Well, officially Itachi is out of my favorite list, this laughter took away any cool factor I saw in him, god speed Itachi! I wonder if this is what Kishi referred about of making all the fans Happy, I doubt that any fan, even those who didn’t like Itachi, found this amusing.

I got to give credit to Kishi, you need very big balls to take a character with such an extended fanbase, and do this, it could mean that his decision on the plot are not necessarily created to favor the fans…
Old 2008-01-24, 11:10   Link #88
SemiRayman

Send a message via MSN to SemiRayman
Sooooo Itachi's coolness has gone right down the pan, cant say i was expecting that one...doubt Sasuke was either to be honest haha. I couldnt stop staring when i saw his insane face, couldnt quite believe it was him!!!

Hopefully Kakashi won't go blind because of the MS but i am still confused as to how he gained it, considering what Itachi told Sasuke? Any ideas?
SemiRayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:41   Link #89
Sagittarius
'One'

Man it's ONE FRIGGIN PICTURE!!!! Who cares? Itachi is still the best character in the manga, however it seems more likely that he'll die now. Most characters who are insane, display total insanity, or pure emotion and intensity, well, they usually bite the bullet to say the least.

Now this is my understanding; Madara spammed MS, then as a result of him going blind he figured that he'd replace his failing eye sight with that of his equal in apparently both skill and genetics...his brother.

He then obtained an eternal MS as a result.

I don't see why there is so much confusion about why Madara wants Sasuke's eyes, because the answer is simple, he doesn't.

Itachi does.

Why?

So he can obtain the same eternal MS and maybe even immortality that Madara has obtained.

As far as taking Kakashi's sharigan, well there are two flaws.

1) Kakashi only has one eye anyways......2 is better than one wouldn't you say?
2) This is the most important factor, stealing your brothers eyes is simply the equation. Think about it. Itachi has stated he faked acting like a real loving brother to Sasuke, so that Sasuke would want to surpass him i.e the competition factor, and Sasuke is his brother, which is the other half of the equation.

Brother(Genetics)+Skill+MS (possibley) = Eternal MS, that's the recipie and Itachi is following it perfectly.

Whether Sasuke needs MS or just a fully developped Sharigan is unknown. When he encountered Itachi during the Tsunade arc Sasuke only had activated two tomoe by that point, hense "I have no interest in you yet"

The plot holes become sticky when these factors are brought into play.
1) Does Itachi simply want to remain Madara's accomplish? Or does he have his own agenda in surpassing him? I doubt the latter because he speaks so highly of him.

2) However on the flip side Madara seems more interested in SASUKE. So what are Madara's intentions? Zetsu stated Sasuke was dead, as well as Tobi, This information was relayed to the rest of Akatsuki, however Itachi knew better.

Madara then shows up and tells Pein to catch the Kyuubi (Itachi's former assignment) but first Pein directly asks him "what happened to Sasuke?" Then Madara spews some jargon
"Sharigans powers were shown well, his eyes will surpass Itachi's, the machine is ripened his mind is made up, it won't be long now."

What the hell does that mean? It seems like Madara lead Itachi down one path, only to totally blind side him? "Sasuke will you shed your scales and turn into a hawk", and the whole his eyes will surpass Itachi's, it won't be long now. Itachi though CLEARLY KNOWS that Madara is alive. So it's not like he is not in the loop, but at the same time it seems like he's being cut out of it....

What in the blue hell is going on????

You would assume that Madara has you know, a deeper connection with Itachi, a clan member/accomplish/student. Yet he goes on to tell Pein in secrecy all this crap about "you catch the kyuubi" and Pein automatically knew about Sasuke and had apparent interest in him.

Nothing makes fucking sense......Plus EARLIER it was stated that the Kyuubi had to be caught and sealed last, and they still have the eight tails to catch, so why assign Pein to catch the Kyuubi ASAP. Again I'm so confused, but I think/hope that Kishi has somthing up his sleeve........I hope

EDIT: Also, when Itachi went to catch Naruto in the Tsunade arc, he didn't give a shit about Sauske, you would think if your main goal is to obtain eternal MS/power, that you would want to provoke or check in on your as far as you know only source for obtaining this....Yet he didn't even think twice about Sasuke, he was focused directly on Naruto....

The more I think about it the more abstract and obsurd this plot twist seems......

Last edited by Sagittarius; 2008-01-24 at 11:49. Reason: More thoughts......
Sagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:50   Link #90
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
Nothing makes fucking sense......Plus EARLIER it was stated that the Kyuubi had to be caught and sealed last, and they still have the eight tails to catch, so why assign Pein to catch the Kyuubi ASAP. Again I'm so confused, but I think/hope that Kishi has somthing up his sleeve........I hope
I've given up on them ever catching any more of the tailed beasts. They haven't even discussed the tailed beasts since however many chapters ago it was that Madara told Pein to capture the Kyuubi. That, coupled with the fact that none has been sealed since the Yonbi, makes me believe that this whole thing was just some sort of ruse to make everyone think their true goal was world domination, when most of the Akatsuki members were just being used to further Madara/Pein's own personal interests. Hell, they're dying to quickly to be able to seal any of these beasts for much longer. Is it possible for only 2-3 of them to seal a bijuu? Who knows, but it sure would take a long damn time (It took 10 of them 3 days).
Old 2008-01-24, 12:52   Link #91
chord
Banned

I don't think Itachi knows his little brother as much as he thinks I think Sasuke might me holding something back. Like A Seal Level 3, that could kill Sasuke if he uses this technique.
Either way I see this fight being the down fall of Sasuke and Itachi forever.
I think that if Sasuke is abel to go Level 3 with his seal.
He may even be stronger than Madara. I think that in the end Sasuke may be able to kill Itachi, or maybe able to weaken him to point of complete blindness
but back to an interview where Kishi says that as the story goes on Sasuke will become weaker and less of a geniouse compared to Naruto.
I still haven't see him being weaker, but less of a geniouse that is true.
What about Kabuto?
chord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:52   Link #92
CJL13
God of his own ego

It seems the one weakness of the Uchiha is that you have to kill your BFF to get the MS and sibling to get the eternal MS, if pretty much every Uchiha didn't want them dead. I mean Sasuke wants to kill Itachi, Itachi wants to kill Sasuke, already killed his best friend and half the clan including his parents, Madara killed his bro and half the clan. Also I was also a fan of the emotionless Itachi. I want to know how the English dubbed Naruto is gonna be able to do this scene with Mr. Monotone though!
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:56   Link #93
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
nice too see his bastard face lol
I think people are putting too much stock into Itachi's maniac expression; It's only 1 picture.

Why can't a cool calculated villian show a wider range of emotion?

Just think if we caught him taking a dump, fixing his hair, or painting his nails or something.

What kills his badassness for more for me was knowing that he needed Madara's help in wiping off the Uchiha clan. lol weakling.

Last edited by David_The_Gnome; 2008-01-24 at 13:00. Reason: to quote
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:23   Link #94
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_The_Gnome View Post
I think people are putting too much stock into Itachi's maniac expression; It's only 1 picture.

Why can't a cool calculated villian show a wider range of emotion?
I think is easy to tell, part of Itachi cool factor was determined exactly by having no face expression at all, he looked cold and calculating. IM sorry, but Itachi could be very evil and all that stuff, and Kishimoto could had still left him without that Maniac look.

And this is coming from a person who started liking this series because of Itachi (thank god I dropped the Uchiha from my nick some time ago).

Quote:
What kills his badassness for more for me was knowing that he needed Madara's help in wiping off the Uchiha clan. lol weakling.
Sorry, but this is no indication of Itachi been weak, this is just an affirmation that the Konoha MP was indeed powerful, powerful that a high level Shinoby can't take it out by Himself (including in this case, Madara)
Old 2008-01-24, 13:26   Link #95
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Yeah may my Kisame fanboyism flourish with Itachi's rapid decline in fans. Erm...anyway, I gotta say that hopefully there will be a good explanation to all of the events prior to this meeting.

And as for sanity amongst the Akatsuki, I'm pretty sure being an insane douche is a prerequisite for joining, however there are a few exceptions, MILD yet few: Konan (seems quiet and what's with paper?), & Kisame, possibly is the sanist one of them all despite his appearance.
Old 2008-01-24, 13:33   Link #96
Ero-Senn1n

About Itachi's crazy smile picture:

If Itachi really is affected by blindness then it is natural that he makes such a face, going blind really can make you mad

If Itachi is still acting then making such a face is simply part of his acting where he wants to look to Sasuke evil as Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:38   Link #97
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Hmm... no one seems to have posted the full spoiler yet on this site. Well here it is

Spoiler for Full confirmed spoiler:

I thought as much. The MS is just too powerful to leave alone even if the costs are so high. The village would probably still encourage having at least a nice group of MS users.

here's what bothers me though. The spoiler seems to say that you have to physically take the guys eyes and use them as your own to have the eternal MS. However the MS can be gained by just simple hardwork as Madara and his brother did. So how did itachi get it? Through hard work? And why didn't he just take Shisuis eyes when he had the chance since he killed him? I figure the eyes don't have to have the MS before you steal them for them to have it later on: aka look at kakashi. Obito didn't have the MS but kakashi developed it after exposure to it during his fight with itachi. Finally even if you slowly go blind with the MS, why not encourage the development of the MS anyway and just treat it like all the other forbidden jutsus: give a warning, use in only extreme situations, and so on. Simply going blind isn't enough to completely deter MS development as the uchiha clan did and even more ninja can still be extremely skilled and high level despite being blind.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 13:57   Link #98
tatami
back in black

so sasuke kills itachi and gains MS without the side effects and rule the manga once and for all...
Old 2008-01-24, 14:04   Link #99
Mists

Sorry, this 'revelation' isn't really clicking.

Ok here we go...

Madara and his brother gained MS, Madara stole MS because of the darkness, but if they had MS at the same time his brother would've been going blind as well. So both eyes would be rendered useless.

What's with Madara's only one eye?

So, Madara, who helped create the Leaf and creator of Uchiha created a shrine about the eyes secrets so that one day another would recognize it and follow his path?

Only Itachi discovers the secrets...after all this time...everyone in the Leaf village don't know what the shrine is about and it in fact mentions that MS can control Kyubi?

Now that Itachi discovers the secrets Madara wants the clan to be wiped out so that no one else can achieve the secrets? But they spare Sasuke because of the spare? So Madara was really looking for only one successor after all that hard work on building that shrine and encoding the secrets?

WTF?

I thought the shrine would be for everyone to follow the path and tell the truth?

This just isn't making any sense?

And now Sasuke knows the secrets somewhat though I guess the blindness aspect wasn't written on there...

We need more info on the night the clan died? No one in Konoha intervened? No one detected Itachi or even Madara, not even the 3rd? What did the 3rd know, the 4th, etc...

And wtf is Jiaraya's revelation with Pein? And now with Madara going against Naruto directly, now what?

All these plots are turning into a mess. Does Kishi really know what he's doing?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 14:46   Link #100
tatami
back in black

all yhese questions you are asking shows that he exactly knows what he is doing...