AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-08-24, 14:57   Link #1401
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
As a Mercy main of 4 hours play time, I welcome these changes. The goddess just got turned into a battle goddess. <3
Given that, consider this possible inspiration for an alternate skin. And it even has a variant that could come with the next summer event.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 20:20   Link #1402
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit that Mercy rework.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 04:26   Link #1403
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
New PTR is out.

Mercy Rework:
Resurrect is now her E ability, only revives one teammate. No longer provides invulnerability to Mercy. Range is now 5m. Very long cooldown (30 seconds).
New Ultimate Ability: "Valkyrie" temporarily enhances her abilities and gives her the ability to FLY. Lasts 20 seconds.

Valkyrie's effect is:
-Healing and damage boost beams now affect all teammates around the targeted teammate, range of beam also increased.
-Pistol has infinite ammo, faster rate of fire and more damage.
-Guardian Angel has longer range and faster speed.
-Resurrect's cooldown is immediately refreshed upon Valkyrie's activation, and for the duration of Valkyrie is reduced to 10 seconds.
-Hover is replaced with actual flight with faster movement speed.
-Passive health regeneration is not interrupted by damage.
Wow... just wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Well, barring any flashback events, I would not dismiss the possibility of something making itself known which would prompt them to conclude that intelligent foes should put their differences on hold in the face of a greater threat.
Hehe... never tought I'd actually get an answere to my post.
But yeah, you are correct of course. I was talking about the momentary situation involving the characters as they are now. So yes, sometimes people have to work together for some greater goal... but atm the two of them hate each other to much.
Old 2017-08-25, 06:41   Link #1404
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tried the Mercy rework on PTR.

Simply put... she's insane. I'm almost sure Valkyrie will get a debuff.

1. Putting Rez on E and not Q on a 30s cooldown radically changes team fights, now giving you a larger tactical option in keeping people alive. You now have a greater capacity for team fight sustain at the cost of brinkmanship, and in the first place a good team and a good Mercy shouldn't have to Rez all 5 players anyway. You can't make a one time big time turnabout on a lost fight anymore, however you can keep things going for far longer if people aren't dying at the same time.

2. Valkyrie is ridiculous. Imagine Pharah with altitude control, infinite ammo but no splash damage, able to AOE heal or AOE damage buff while flying around for 20s. All this at a flight speed faster than Pharah. The downside is that you will become priority target number one.
Old 2017-08-25, 09:02   Link #1405
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This video is much more funnier with what is happening to Mercy right now.

Old 2017-08-25, 10:20   Link #1406
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
2. Valkyrie is ridiculous. Imagine Pharah with altitude control, infinite ammo but no splash damage, able to AOE heal or AOE damage buff while flying around for 20s. All this at a flight speed faster than Pharah. The downside is that you will become priority target number one.
Note that
1. Mercy's pistol has a HUGE hitbox, you can basically hit the target if you shoot anywhere close to the enemy. This was never an issue before because Battle Mercy's tend to die quickly.

but...

2. A major thing with the new ult is that her regular regeneration is uninterrupted for the whole 20 sec ult. This meant she is healing 20 health per second even when taking damage. If she is flying around it become really hard to kill her before she healing back up, due to being such a small target. This is the main thing that made it viable to use her in Battle Mode.

Mercy's pistol was always respectable. Now that it is both damage boosted AND Mercy being harder to kill in Ult is what allows her to team kill.

In comparison, the alternate choice of team boosting 30% damage is strong, but only with a team that works together. The issue is most normal games don't have team work.

It is a no-brainer that a pro mercy in a pro team would choose to boost the whole team. But the average player playing for fun needed an incentive to NOT go Battlemercy.
Old 2017-08-25, 18:30   Link #1407
Keila

I for one welcome our new angelic overlords
Old 2017-08-29, 13:40   Link #1408
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Deathmatch and the Junkrat, Orisa, Roadhog and Widowmaker changes are now on the live client. Summer Games is officially over.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 21:35   Link #1409
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Junkertown map is available for testing on the PTR.

Final Summer event yields: (without buying boxes, because screw that)

Skins - Both Zaryas, Mercy, 76, Sombra, Junkrat (bought him) + any epic I didn't obtain last year
All emotes, all highlight intros, all icons, all voice lines, most sprays.
61 Lucioball PotGs.

Climbed 800 points in Season 5. And now I understand why people hate Platinum tier players so much. Their toxicity and self-righteousness....unbelievable.
Old 2017-08-29, 23:08   Link #1410
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm guessing the Mercy changes won't be making Season 6...
Old 2017-08-29, 23:34   Link #1411
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm guessing the Mercy changes won't be making Season 6...
They will be in Season 6... halfway through season 6. Next month, when Junkertown comes to live.

BTW, her ult no longer buffs the damage and rate-of-fire of her pistol. And she can't res through walls anymore.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2017-08-30 at 00:43.
Old 2017-08-30, 03:25   Link #1412
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well regardless of when the final rework makes it into S6, I'm planning to main her again. Maybe this time this season I'll finally have some luck and crawl my way back to Gold.
Old 2017-08-30, 06:35   Link #1413
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was forced to main Mercy in ranked with Zenyatta a close second this season. Because about 80% of the teams I was on either forced me into solo heals at short range (Mercy) or went triple dive DPS that would rarely be in line of sight (Zenyatta). Zarya, Winston and Reinhardt were my tanks. Gave up on D.va since other heals just don't bother healing D.va most of the time compared to other tanks for some reason.
Old 2017-09-01, 00:57   Link #1414
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Overwatch goofed up over a certain term in the Junkertown map.
Old 2017-09-06, 10:43   Link #1415
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-09-12, 20:24   Link #1416
Tokkan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Junkertown releases next week on the 19th.
Old 2017-09-23, 00:56   Link #1417
Tokkan

New PTR 1.16

-Ultimate charge is now always fully spent immediately (basically ults that have cast times like Genji's, Soldier's or Reinhardt's no longer get refunded if interrupted/killed before the cast time ends)
-D.Va now has a "hold boosters" option (like Soldier's hold to sprint option). It's currently broken because it causes the mech to not inherit boosters on a D.Va bomb but if they can fix that it could allow for more precise use of boosters.
-2CP/Hybrid has some HUD changes for capture points like a team coloured water mark on the capture bar in competitive play, the capture bar now being in 3 segments, showing the amount of defenders contesting in addition to attackers capturing (that last change is also on the control HUD). Capture progress is also now team coloured for spectators.
-There's now a visible warning in the centre of the screen if you're about to be kicked for inactivity, including a countdown timer and an audio cue.
-Symmetra now has a few voice lines in Hindi.
-The "Oni no ken wo kurae/The Demon Becomes Me" ultimate voicelines for Oni Genji originally planned for 1.15 but had to be patched out because of bugs have been restored.

Note: "Capture bar" as in the bar that shows up on screen when you're capping the point.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2017-09-23 at 01:06.
Old 2017-09-23, 10:25   Link #1418
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And speaking of creations...

Someone thought the lack of a Thai operator was something in need of addressing, and generated a concept as a Master's project.

This ended up on the official forums, with Jeff Kaplan (the game director) putting his own .02cr on the matter:

Quote:
Wow, this is amazing. You are so talented!
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 00:15   Link #1419
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This needs to be implemented live ASAP.

Old 2017-09-30, 11:42   Link #1420
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i just read the latest Overwatch.

Spoiler for Comic Searching:

Tags
blizzard, first person shooter