AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-30, 04:06   Link #61
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
That Kato guy kinda freaks me out. Kishimoto looks good but needs to stuff her bra with a couple rolls of toilet paper to get the boobs right . And as for Kei....

Hope you enjoy the onions
Definitely need to stick some water balloons in there to get the feeling. Yeah the anime is jacked. They skip over chapters and the violence is toned down extremely. Stick to the manga and forget the anime, unless they release it uncut on dvd or something because I could've swore I seen blood and titties in the trailer.
Old 2004-04-30, 08:22   Link #62
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
Definitely need to stick some water balloons in there to get the feeling. Yeah the anime is jacked. They skip over chapters and the violence is toned down extremely. Stick to the manga and forget the anime, unless they release it uncut on dvd or something because I could've swore I seen blood and titties in the trailer.
You mean like this?

The DVD shall show that.
Old 2004-04-30, 08:29   Link #63
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
You mean like this?

The DVD shall show that.
Exactly. Damn them for teasing us like that, bastards.
Old 2004-06-16, 03:17   Link #64
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Question What's Gantz in chinese? p.s.->how do you like Gantz?

hi ppl, i am just wondering, what's Gantz's chinese translation name? I am trying to find it in chinese sites and donno what the keyword is ("Gantz" doesn't work).

oh ya btw, how do you like the manga? -> Gantz

It took me 3 days for the thought of "Man in Black" knocks into my mind. hehe....ya, Man in Black, though totally different stuff. Well, the part about blowing up aliens is kinda similar, but the rest is a twisted psyche stroy. The plot and the characters-development are great. I just wish there are more fan-service though XD

the only bad thing about the manga for me is that the background drawings (like the buildings, items, rooms) are too...."nice"....since it's draw on 3D rendered pictures (read the last part of vol. 1 if you don;t know what i mean). I guess i am just too use to the old-style hand drawing, haha
Old 2004-06-16, 04:41   Link #65
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-S-W-E
hi ppl, i am just wondering, what's Gantz's chinese translation name? I am trying to find it in chinese sites and donno what the keyword is ("Gantz" doesn't work).
Look in this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12360

Lots of Chinese names for manga bandied about (including Gantz).
Old 2004-06-16, 12:33   Link #66
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
search for "gantz" usually works well already.

chapter 163 finally seems to begin to answer some of the mysteries around Gantz and its enemies
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-16, 13:10   Link #67
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

thanks Yebyosh~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
...Yeah the anime is jacked. They skip over chapters and the violence is toned down extremely. Stick to the manga and forget the anime, unless they release it uncut on dvd or something because I could've swore I seen blood and titties in the trailer.
i watched the anime before i read the manga (as i always do) and i don't think you can really complain about the low violence and blood content. it's air by a big TV station and there are tons of kids watching it. If you got a kid i am sure you don't want him/her to watch that kinda stuff...Ya sure ppl that are old enough (like you and me) don't give a sh!t about it. The whole plot is already really twisted, if they show the blood and violence they will successfully turn 1000+ kids into twisted serial-killers... XD

over all i think the anime actually did a really good job, it really brings out the crazy-freaky-twisted atmosphere

i hope there's an un-cut version of it :-D

oh ya btw, do all dog lick girls' "thing" when they get a chance (like the dog in Gantz) ? it's just so funny XD
Old 2004-06-16, 13:23   Link #68
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-S-W-E
it's air by a big TV station and there are tons of kids watching it
Doesn't Gantz air like in the middle of the night?

(Cynical bastard mode)
The censoring is probably just to promote DVD sales...
(/Cynical bastard mode)
Old 2004-06-16, 13:47   Link #69
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

[QUOTE=a_nevels666]Doesn't Gantz air like in the middle of the night?

really..? lol oh well, still.....(start to making excuses) XD
Old 2004-06-16, 13:50   Link #70
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

from the Gantz.net....it's says they are going to air eps11 on June 21, 26:43

is that even 24hr clock? what time is 26:43? is it 2:43 AM?
Old 2004-06-16, 14:02   Link #71
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, June 21 26:43 means June 22 2:43am.
Old 2004-06-16, 14:27   Link #72
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
chapter 163 finally seems to begin to answer some of the mysteries around Gantz and its enemies
Spoiler:
From there I can pretty much asuume that Gantz's mangaka has a very fertile mind...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-17, 13:57   Link #73
Evil Toaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
search for "gantz" usually works well already.

Spoiler:

I've just started reading the manga (finished the third book yesterday) but I do have some questions which I'm curious to know if they are answered in later chapters.

Nishi early on tells Kei not to tell anyone about what happened or his head will explode. While I think he is kidding I guess he could be telling the truth since there is that chip in there brains that could make their heads explode, not to mention what happens when they go out of bounds. So do we ever find out if Nishi was telling the truth that talking about Gantz to outsiders makes someone blow up?

Nishi also produces something to track to the aliens but I had trouble telling if it was part of the suit or just a piece of equipment like the guns. Where did the tracker come from?

Speaking of guns it looks like there are three types (rifle, pistol, and transporter gun) is that correct?

Also is it ever explained why Nishi didn't blow up when that gun was fired at him?

I'm guessing that is a feature of the suit which also seems to have a stealth ability and I'm curious do the suits have any other kinds of powers that show up later and if so what can they do?
Old 2004-06-17, 19:12   Link #74
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Toaster
....Nishi early on tells Kei not to tell anyone about what happened or his head will explode. While I think he is kidding I guess he could be telling the truth since there is that chip in there brains that could make their heads explode, not to mention what happens when they go out of bounds. So do we ever find out if Nishi was telling the truth that talking about Gantz to outsiders makes someone blow up?
if you just read a bit more the question is answered. (i think it's vol.5, but for sure it's before vol. 6 chapter 64)

Quote:
Nishi also produces something to track to the aliens but I had trouble telling if it was part of the suit or just a piece of equipment like the guns. Where did the tracker come from?
it should be from the suit, but the mangaka never draw someone takes it out from the suit (before vol.6 chapter 64)

Quote:
Speaking of guns it looks like there are three types (rifle, pistol, and transporter gun) is that correct?...Also is it ever explained why Nishi didn't blow up when that gun was fired at him?...
if you look closely you can see the rifle is just the pistol with some upgrade parts

Nishi didn't get blow up because of the suit -- that's my conclusion from vol. 4-5

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-29, 02:43   Link #75
Dementium

Just started reading gantz.....
nice but disturbing........
they neva did explain wat happened to the dog did they?
Old 2004-06-29, 03:24   Link #76
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementium
Nope, they never did. Either it died (since it never returned to the room) or something else (not shown) happened to it. In any event, a
Spoiler:
took over its 'animal' spot.
Old 2004-07-01, 10:07   Link #77
daniel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementium
That's been so bothering me. I know I should focus more on the surrounding plot and the main character, but just when you warm up to the dog he disappears without explanation. He was at the entrance to the temple when they fought the statue like aliens, but he seemed to vanish before all the action started.
Old 2004-07-01, 10:32   Link #78
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Look for any fire hydrants in the anime or manga, then you'll see the dog.
Old 2004-07-01, 11:56   Link #79
Archaic

Since you're obviously more up to date than me on this Yebyosh, perhaps you can answer a question for me?
Spoiler:

Speaking of the dog...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-01, 16:17   Link #80
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
So is the latest chapter to be translated to english vol 6 chapter 67? Ive watched the anime series and read as much of the manga as i can. Im lovin it so much. I need to feed my addiction...need the next chapter.
Closed Thread