Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 16:49   Link #21
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, the Avengers is coming out next year. Thankfully, Spider-man was never on any classic Avengers team, only the recent "GIMME YO MONEY" Avengers teams.

Same for Wolverine as above. He was never an Avenger until just recently when they decided to put the biggest sellers on the title. And by recently, I'm talking like 2004-ish.
Your own words; Spiderman and Wolverine sells. Or at least they would sell if the films are not falling to pieces.

And I doubt Marvel cared to block either of them from joining the Avengers just because they weren't founding members. Hero teams are all about getting hot properties in the same place at the same time.
Old 2011-07-20, 17:34   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well...there was a remake of Kanon in 2006 for a anime that came out in 2002.....
Old 2011-07-20, 18:10   Link #23
NoLongerSane

The way things are going in making comics to live action versions of themselves, mark my words in 10 years time we will have Spiderman and his Amazing Friends on the big screen.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 18:46   Link #24
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And the snake eats itself in ever tighter circles the industry spirals into the pit made by their own demands for "infinite extensions on intellectual property".
Ouroboros.
Old 2011-07-20, 20:44   Link #25
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Better put a pillow in your desk becuse I heard they're gonna reboot Batman too.
May not be too bad. Christopher Nolan will be the producer, so there is some hope.
Old 2011-07-20, 20:48   Link #26
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Again? Didn't we just reboot Batman?

This is ridiculous.
Old 2011-07-20, 20:49   Link #27
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
May not be too bad. Christopher Nolan will be the producer, so there is some hope.
Wait, I thought he was dead set on only doing three. Isn't that the reason they intend to reboot it in the future?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 20:54   Link #28
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, I thought he was dead set on only doing three. Isn't that the reason they intend to reboot it in the future?

I guess he has been producer and director. I heard from a friend I trust on this type of news that Nolan will be a producer of the Batman movies for the reboot. At least for the first one. Who knows if he changes his plans (maybe the reboot will go over bad).

I'm interested to see what they can do with the reboot, but I don't expect too much. Seriously, good luck trying to beat the Nolan Batman films.
Old 2011-07-21, 00:19   Link #29
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Toby Mcguire is the only Peter Parker for me forever. His desperate voice, lost looks and defeated posture were just perfect for the the "negative hero". I wish I could read the comics, cause Spiderman is the only superhero I actually like.

Definitely not watching this. Spiderman trilogy is still fresh in my mind.
Old 2011-07-21, 02:46   Link #30
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post

Looks more like 'Twilight-Man.' I couldn't refrain from laughing at the shot at 0:44 -- looks like something directly out of Twilight (and what's with the holes for his thumbs in the long sleeve shirt, didn't people stop doing that about 10 years ago?) These "superhero" films -- or rather, comic book adaptions -- are getting progressively worse as the years go by.
OMG, did he just ripping off Mirror's Edge (1st person view) at the end of the trailer?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-07-22 at 08:05.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 05:23   Link #31
HasuMasu
*Artist

nice trailer, definitely watching, staying away from 3D though...i already have glasses

i'm not quite sure about what was said earlier regarding first class, it was better than any other x-men movie anyway

i love reboots, though i'm not really feeling the batman reboot you guys are talking about

on the other hand, i heard rumors that lizard would be in, not sure, well, at least it isn't green goblin again

too much hate going around, spread the love
Old 2011-07-21, 06:12   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i'm not quite sure about what was said earlier regarding first class, it was better than any other x-men movie anyway
Oh, I am not saying First Class is a bad movie. But it is accepted fact that we have these non-stop X-men movies being released because 20th Century Fox can't allow the rights to expire prematurely.

Spiderman rights will expire and return to Marvel after Spiderman 5, if it gets there.

Fox would have to give the X-men rights back to Marvel after 2015. So they are going full blast for as much as they can.
Old 2011-07-21, 06:32   Link #33
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Eh, I just don't see why they're doing the whole "origin" story again. Who cares about how he got his powers. Why not just James Bond this and just do a new movie continuing on from the previous ones with a different cast? Are people going to really care? No.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 07:44   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Eh, I just don't see why they're doing the whole "origin" story again. Who cares about how he got his powers. Why not just James Bond this and just do a new movie continuing on from the previous ones with a different cast? Are people going to really care? No.
The same reason why One More Day happened in the comics. They are scared of changing the character going into new territory, and also origin stories are more easily sold to newcomers who haven't seen previous films.

James Bond doesn't HAVE an origin story, by the way. So that's not the best example.

Lastly the new director would prefer to make his own interpretation of Spiderman.
Old 2011-07-21, 20:50   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
OMG, did he just pulling off Mirror's Edge (1st person view) at the end of the trailer?
Actually... Mirror's Edge immediately came to mind....
Old 2011-07-21, 21:30   Link #36
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually... Mirror's Edge immediately came to mind....
Almost like they already got a tie-in videogame ready to go with that scene...
Old 2011-07-21, 21:48   Link #37
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I have but one word for this movie:

FAIL.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 23:46   Link #38
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Almost like they already got a tie-in videogame ready to go with that scene...
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 01:16   Link #39
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Toby Mcguire is the only Peter Parker for me forever. His desperate voice, lost looks and defeated posture were just perfect for the the "negative hero". I wish I could read the comics, cause Spiderman is the only superhero I actually like.

Definitely not watching this. Spiderman trilogy is still fresh in my mind.
Honestly, I went through 4 or 5 different versions of Spiderman while growing up (not to mention the later cartoon series (with a new series seemingly coming out every 3-4 years (the most recent series (Spectacular Spider-Man) was actually pretty good, and it seems most similar to the contents of the trailer, so I hope director Marc Webb (best known for 500 Days of Summer) will use the 2009 cartoon as a launching pad) and the movies), all unique but similar, so relaunching the series from the ground floor isn't that strange (nor do I dislike the idea).

That being said, the trailer was okay. The closing cgi scene was a bit much (couldn't they have just hired an acrobat, tie a camera to his/her head, and then replicate such a scene?), and the music was a bit too similar to Danny Elfman's Spiderman score. With that said, I actually thought the moody acting was pretty good, and Andrew Garfield is an interesting choice. Using the Lizard as the big bad is also an interesting choice that could pay off quite well especially in the hands of character actor Rhys Ifans.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 07:18   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I seriously hope people arent sayin Spider man ripped off mirror edge )even tho the most likely did(

and yes Lizard man is in it.

the main part of the actor list is that they have denis leery as a character Grade A comedy already. I could totally see him doing a awesome Green Goblin

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-07-22 at 11:18.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote