AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-02, 16:15   Link #21
Griffith

Thanks a lot! I'll seed it for a good while after it's done since I'm not doing anything that requries using much bandwidth right now.
Old 2004-06-02, 16:27   Link #22
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Try it again. I had originally put a direct link to the torrent file but I may have botched it. It should now go to a tracker page. I can't test it myself as I am behind a firewall that won't let me directly access myself through my external IP.
Yeah I just started seeding it too as I have spare Bandwidth at the mo' , thanks TronDD for helping to spread this series.
Old 2004-06-02, 16:37   Link #23
petr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
Every time I've gone to the Mangascreener IRC room, there have been zero file servers with chapter 6.
"[...]All of unlicensed MangaScreener releases[...]" Which part of that msg of my fserver you dont understand? Huh? All means all. And there's more fserevers like that. Lazy leechers.
Old 2004-06-02, 16:43   Link #24
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petr
"[...]All of unlicensed MangaScreener releases[...]" Which part of that msg of my fserver you dont understand? Huh? All means all. And there's more fserevers like that. Lazy leechers.
Ah, and it was your fserver that tsurumaru got it from. I didn't see a message from it, either. Lazy, stupid, blind, whatever we are...it worked out.
Old 2004-06-02, 17:28   Link #25
Griffith

Well, I went to the channel three or four separate times, and I didn't see an fserve with that name (assuming that's your IRC nick, too.) I checked EVERY fserve there was and no one had it. Don't assume I'm lazy or an IRC noob or something, I've been using IRC for five years. I'm seeding this torrent as I speak, so I'm not a leech, either.
Old 2004-06-02, 17:28   Link #26
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by petr
It's attitudes like this that keep me away from IRC. It's my first fricking time using IRC...That stupid, elitist, ancient, POS network.
Old 2004-06-02, 18:50   Link #27
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
It's attitudes like this that keep me away from IRC. It's my first fricking time using IRC...That stupid, elitist, ancient, POS network.
LOL actually I found Petr to be really helpful. When I asked in the channel back when chapter 5 was released he let me know straight away that he was serving the Bokurano releases and therefore when it came to chapter 6's release I remembered the correct server.

It cant be easy for them when they are constantly subjected to a flood of "!list"s and "@find"s as well as "when's the next chapter?" whinges etc...

Petr - there have been a number of times when you've been the only server for the latest chapter though...... I checked 25 fserves manually for chapter 6 when you weren't in the channel and they only had up to chapter 5, that was about a week after mangascreener had released the chapter.
Old 2004-06-02, 21:40   Link #28
Briareos

I have a million detail oriented questions about IRC, but I'm not gonna start them here.

Anyhow, thank you TronDD for making the torrent and everyone who seeded.
Old 2004-06-06, 18:27   Link #29
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Yeowtch... just read the online translation for chapter 7........ (Haven't got hold of the raw yet) Sounds like some of our theories were right ..........

Spoiler:

I think things will only get worse from here on in.............
Old 2004-06-06, 19:52   Link #30
WTTrinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
just read the online translation for chapter 7........ (Haven't got hold of the raw yet)
Tsurumaru, since yours is the first post in this thread, would you mind putting the text-only translation links (1, 2) in there for easy reference? I forgot to bookmark them and it took me a while to find the site again. (Didn't find a link to his Mangascreener mirror on their main site either for some reason.)
Old 2004-06-06, 20:01   Link #31
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Yeowtch... just read the online translation for chapter 7........ (Haven't got hold of the raw yet) Sounds like some of our theories were right ..........
Note: I've been scanning Winny for the scan of chapter 7, but it hasn't appeared yet. I wonder where the translator gets the raw scans from? Maybe he actually subscribes to Ikki somehow?

And consider this, at the current rate:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-06-06, 20:15   Link #32
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTTrinity
Tsurumaru, since yours is the first post in this thread, would you mind putting the text-only translation links (1, 2) in there for easy reference? I forgot to bookmark them and it took me a while to find the site again. (Didn't find a link to his Mangascreener mirror on their main site either for some reason.)
No problem, links added
Old 2004-06-06, 22:04   Link #33
stpehen
kisses for all

I don't subscribe to Ikki (I wish I did), I just got them off Winny like normal. It's kinda flaky in general (explaining why I found them quickly while you haven't seen them yet). At any rate, the chapter is in editing now. I'm impressed how some of you theorized correctly.

Oh, and just as a reminder, the first volume hits shelves in Japan on June 30th.
Old 2004-06-07, 10:30   Link #34
Briareos

Thank you for all the work!

I noticed in the text translation it said that "Mohiro Kitoh's short story anthology 'Zansho'" would be released on June 30th at the same time the collected Bokurano Volume 1 comes out. Anyone know anything about this anthology?
Old 2004-06-07, 10:41   Link #35
Kotonoha
Alone in the Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
Thank you for all the work!

I noticed in the text translation it said that "Mohiro Kitoh's short story anthology 'Zansho'" would be released on June 30th at the same time the collected Bokurano Volume 1 comes out. Anyone know anything about this anthology?
This anthology actually contains Kitoh's professional debut that was published in Shougakukan's "Shounen Sunday" magazine. He, who used the pseudo Tomohiro Kito back then, won the 20th Newcomer Comic Award in 1987 with that short story. In 1994 he won another Newcomer Award with "Sanchôme Kôsaten Denshinbashira no Ue no Kanojo" from Akita Shoten (under the pseudo name Shinji Kitoh). However, I don't know if this will be contained in "Zansho."
Old 2004-06-14, 10:06   Link #36
TronDD
Team the box!

I'm hosting Chapter 7 for those of you that are IRC ignant.

Bokurano 7
Old 2004-06-14, 10:09   Link #37
Briareos

Quote:
I'm hosting Chapter 7 for those of you that are IRC ignant.

Bokurano 7
That's me! Thank you!
Old 2004-06-14, 10:13   Link #38
TronDD
Team the box!

Wow, you jumped on that.
Old 2004-06-14, 11:02   Link #39
Briareos

Quote:
Wow, you jumped on that.
Thread subscriptions are a wonderful thing, but seeders are even better. Thanks again for the distro.
Old 2004-06-15, 11:06   Link #40
TronDD
Team the box!

Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen