AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 14:16   Link #541
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It could also be that the heavier armour is to reinforce the frame to absorb the kick of those artillery guns, but yeah that is a common trend for mecha designers.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 23:27   Link #542
Fuzzy_Bunny

I remember reading somewhere that the VARIS shoots reinforced sakuradite...if that is correct i doubt we will EVER see mass produced VARIS as the whole point of Brittania conquering Japan was to obtain their supply of Sakuradite (a substance that seems to be very valuable in the CG world)
Fuzzy_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 23:50   Link #543
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I don't think the Gawain will be back but I'm sure that Lelouch will have another KMF capable of over seeing the entire battle field.

As for VARIS, I think it's more of an ACE-rifle, something only given to ace pilots who will make good use of them. Think the beam rifles in Gundam 0079, they were precious items only given to outstanding pilots or special circumstances. We know how destructive the VARIS, so I doubt the Britannian Army would want nameless soldier A, B and C wielding them around...
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 07:06   Link #544
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Even though the actual mech may have heavy armor the escape block on the Modred seems rather flimsy by comparsion. Probably be a better idea to ram the sword through that and cut the pilot in half rather than bothering with the body.

Hell heavy mech are usually blessed with the pace of a snail and the turning ability of a super tanker so it shouldn't be to difficult for an agile mech to get behind it. Actually sounds like just the job for Rolo, charge in and make her think shes got and easy shot, geass her proceed to blindspot avoiding counter of her Quad Hadron and Hadron missles and gut her from behind for an easy win.

Also is it just me or does anyone else think that they should relace the crappy swords that Toudo and his team are using with MVS blades now that Lakshatra will probably be gaining access to the Vincent.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 09:01   Link #545
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

They better still keep the katana design for their swords though, I love those chain katanas.

Looking from what we have seen with the Mordred so far, it doesn't seem to be all that slow with it's float unit. Although we haven't really seen it fight all that much, and Anya as not wowed me at all with her piloting skills.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 10:55   Link #546
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Toudou still has that sword of his and it's sort of their thing to have those swords, so I doubt they would not have them anymore. Maybe an upgrade to them or something.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:56   Link #547
Jestersage

Well, now we Know that both the ship and Shinkiro has the Druid system, and with the submarine system, Lelouch don't have to worried about being crushed by water pressure.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 16:12   Link #548
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Also is it just me or does anyone else think that they should relace the crappy swords that Toudo and his team are using with MVS blades now that Lakshatra will probably be gaining access to the Vincent.
Crappy? Are you kidding me? Look at what it could do
Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2008-06-08, 16:26   Link #549
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Toudou's sword was different from all the others though and it may have recieved some upgrades as well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-08, 17:00   Link #550
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Crappy? Are you kidding me? Look at what it could do
Spoiler for episode 10:
The debate was centered around the cutting power between a conventional (heated) chainsaw mechanism and the vibrating energy of a MVS system - if you consider that in S1 the Burai Kai's chain katanas could not pierce through a Gloucester's standard jousting lance but a MVS could cut through a slash harken, there are grounds behind the assumption that chainsaws aren't all that great compared to MVSes.

Last time we saw it in action, a Gekka's chain sword couldn't even dent Mordred's armor. Although there is no footage of the MVS shearing through armor of comparable thickness, one could still assume the chain katanas need more R&D. Seeing that the Radiation Wave uses energy, it might be possible for Rakshata to implement a low-grade spinoff on the said swords, to increase cutter power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Toudou's sword was different from all the others though and it may have recieved some upgrades as well.
Indeed, the blade-mounted thrusters made up for the lack of a chain edge but it seems like it's still the same S1 model and not an upgrade.
Old 2008-06-08, 17:03   Link #551
Aquaman OS

That alone proves Toudou's sword is much stronger though since during his final fight with Guilford in season one he effortlessly chops the lances head off with one hit. Much more powerful.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 17:24   Link #552
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Well I do see that Tohdou's sword was equipped with thrusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The debate was centered around the cutting power between a conventional (heated) chainsaw mechanism and the vibrating energy of a MVS system - if you consider that in S1 the Burai Kai's chain katanas could not pierce through a Gloucester's standard jousting lance but a MVS could cut through a slash harken, there are grounds behind the assumption that chainsaws aren't all that great compared to MVSes.

Last time we saw it in action, a Gekka's chain sword couldn't even dent Mordred's armor. Although there is no footage of the MVS shearing through armor of comparable thickness, one could still assume the chain katanas need more R&D. Seeing that the Radiation Wave uses energy, it might be possible for Rakshata to implement a low-grade spinoff on the said swords, to increase cutter power.
Indeed, the blade-mounted thrusters made up for the lack of a chain edge but it seems like it's still the same S1 model and not an upgrade.
So that's what you guys were talking about. Well it seems that chain swords are good for the money, as they still do cut pretty decent. While MSV sword probably could cut through nearly anything, it seems that it is really unnecessary expect against really thick armor. The chain sword has no trouble against Lancelot or any other Knighmares, and if the Order do come against knightmares like Morded it has Gurren. In the end I kinda don't see the point of upgrading from chain sword to MSV.
Old 2008-06-08, 21:35   Link #553
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, they could always go with some hybrid design for the swords that combines both aspects of it.

When it was said they implemented the Gawain's systems into that new ship and the Shinkirou, do they mean the Druid System?

Old 2008-06-09, 00:23   Link #554
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, they could always go with some hybrid design for the swords that combines both aspects of it.

When it was said they implemented the Gawain's systems into that new ship and the Shinkirou, do they mean the Druid System?
Just before the almost-kiss scene, when Toudou chatted with Rakshata. It isn't specified what exactly had been salvaged and transferred away, but one can already consider the Float Pack as a given.

Whether the Druid was relocated on the Ikaruga or whether the hadron cannons were still reusable are both unknown.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-06-09 at 04:46.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:27   Link #555
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I know when the scene was. I'd hope she salvaged the Druid System and it makes sense to put it in both the ship and Lelouch's mech.

Old 2008-06-09, 09:42   Link #556
JackRydden224

Quote:
I know when the scene was. I'd hope she salvaged the Druid System and it makes sense to put it in both the ship and Lelouch's mech.
To my surprise there isn't any concrete information on the Druid system around, not even with Japanese sites. From the little I've got, the Druid system is an analyzer as we have seen Schniezel trying to use to analyze the ruins. It probably isn't too big of a deal for your average KMF but for commander units like Gawain and Shinkirou might use it to analyze the battle field and such.

As for Zangetsu and Gekka Custom's sword, it reminds me of Grungust Reishiki (type 0)'s zankentou, which is a gigantic sword with boosters attached.
Old 2008-06-10, 10:06   Link #557
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Does anyone else think that the the druid system in Lulu's Mirage may be for actual direct comabt purposes?

Say the druid system in the Ikuraga does the processing of the battlefield situation and relays it to his mech while the Mirage's system uses its massive processing power with a combat AI(think mobile dolls from Gundam Wing) therefore avoiding the issues of his crappy reflexs and physique.

It would also fulfill his philosphy that he must be on the battlefield(the King must move or no one will follow) while the keyboard set-up is used to issue orders to its AI i.e. go to point G38 and it kicks the crap out of all before it.
Old 2008-06-10, 11:00   Link #558
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Does anyone else think that the the druid system in Lulu's Mirage may be for actual direct comabt purposes?

Say the druid system in the Ikuraga does the processing of the battlefield situation and relays it to his mech while the Mirage's system uses its massive processing power with a combat AI(think mobile dolls from Gundam Wing) therefore avoiding the issues of his crappy reflexs and physique.

It would also fulfill his philosphy that he must be on the battlefield(the King must move or no one will follow) while the keyboard set-up is used to issue orders to its AI i.e. go to point G38 and it kicks the crap out of all before it.
I honestly don't think it's a good idea for Lelouch to be anywhere near the front line now that we have flying Sutherlands.....

Back in the first season the Gawain was one of the two KMF can fly and the only one to feature the Hadron Cannon giving it a huge advantage but both are gone now. Even if his new KMF is better than the Gawain it's still no match for Amuro Ray and the white death.

It would be cool for the Druid to be like the Zero system though (no pun intended)
Old 2008-06-10, 11:07   Link #559
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

My point is that the AI would compensate for his distinctly average skills and underwhelming physical attributes as a pilot. I mean he has a exceptionally quick mind just not the skills to put it into practice.

He doesn't even neccessarily have to get into close combat.

Edit: Also no matter how good a pilot if a machine has a powerfull enough processor and advanced enough AI a human will always be inferior. Also don't say where did it come from in R1 we had the float system and Hadrons magically appear in one episode and expalined away as it had been in the works so why not an AI.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:58   Link #560
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It could always work like the Zero system and make suggestions and such, without the insanity at least. He must have some control with that keyboard of his.

I think Lelouch is better suited to ranged combat. The Gawain was a good match for several reason including the fact that Lelouch is poor in close combat. Leave that to Toudou, Rolo, and Kallen. Kallen does have that beam attack now though.

Tags
mecha