AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-08, 10:43   Link #61
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Awakened when awake, gets literaly drunk in a sense. They have to eat, they go in a frenzy without thinking and some don`t even realize they are awakened until they eat, human bowls.

When awakened, they can have normal life and stuff but...they will have to feed on humans, even if itīs a rare thing, they will have to feed.
But they wonīt go frenzy like vampires, I think itīs just the first time, like puberty.

Awakened have a lonely life, they donīt want trouble nor they hate humans, but they need to feed. Itīs very hard for a person to be unable to socialize.

Death is better than a miserable life don`t you think? Who, in their right mind, would be with one?
And since awakened don`t have a way to turn humans in to "whatever" they are. So, itīs not rare to see Awakened, at least those who are alone, pretend to be humans or ambush a Claymore in order to awaken it forcibly.

Clare is different because her body was, twisted. Riful knows what she is and will do everything to make her train hard in order to become strong and then, awaken her.

My theory of course.
Old 2007-05-08, 11:18   Link #62
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Well, I don't think there are any actual psychological phenomena that can cause this. But...I have two ideas.

Possibility (1): Part of Priscilla's mind associates young girls with her own past as a young girl whose life was ruined by Yoma. Refusing to harm the young girls is because part of her refuses to harm people like herself.

Counter-point to (1): Apparently, she kills everyone else, so that means she kills the young girls' families. If she really didn't want to harm young girls because they reminded her of her own suffering, then she'd leave their families alive too.

Therefore, Possibility (2): Part of Priscilla wants these young girls to become Claymore. Perhaps there's still a small part of her--the part that hated yoma and what they did to her--that hates the fact that she is an Awakened One. And so she leaves young girls alive in the hopes that they will become Claymore and kill her.

Both of these ideas seem like possible explanations, and the counter-point to (1) doesn't seem strong enough to reject (1) altogether.
I am not too sure though. Her mind doesn't even register young girls at all, I don't think these would explain it, because if these explanations were true, she would have to first see them, but apparently she doesn't even see them.

Anyway, chapter 72, at the end, Claris said they have finished the mission of hunting for Galatea after killing the awakened being. Any thoughts?
Old 2007-05-08, 11:23   Link #63
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Awakened when awake, gets literaly drunk in a sense. They have to eat, they go in a frenzy without thinking and some don`t even realize they are awakened until they eat, human bowls.

When awakened, they can have normal life and stuff but...they will have to feed on humans, even if itīs a rare thing, they will have to feed.
But they wonīt go frenzy like vampires, I think itīs just the first time, like puberty.

Awakened have a lonely life, they donīt want trouble nor they hate humans, but they need to feed. Itīs very hard for a person to be unable to socialize.

Death is better than a miserable life don`t you think? Who, in their right mind, would be with one?
I wouldn't go that far, Riful and the other Awakens we see does seem to have accepted being what they are now.

Quote:
And since awakened don`t have a way to turn humans in to "whatever" they are. So, itīs not rare to see Awakened, at least those who are alone, pretend to be humans or ambush a Claymore in order to awaken it forcibly.
Only reason Riful is trying awaken Claymores is because she needs Allies. She isn't doing it because she is lonely. But I do agree Riful is a lonely little girl that is why she rescue Daf even through he isn't miuch of a boy friend, he is still better then nothing.

Quote:
Clare is different because her body was, twisted.
I would different rather twisted.

Quote:
Riful knows what she is
I don't think Riful knows ny more about Clare then we do at this point. Even the organization probably doesn't much about Clare.

Quote:
Anyway, chapter 72, at the end, Claris said they have finished the mission of hunting for Galatea after killing the awakened being. Any thoughts?
I am not entirely sure but i doubt the author would kill off Galatea only just finish telling the audience that Galatea defected 7 yrs ago and no one has been able find her since. I am not saying the author isn't willing to kill galatea off but i doubt he would do it would any fanfare.

Claris might be under the impression that the awaken being Miata just kill is Galatea but i doubt it considering how powerful galatea ws. She would be much more powerful in her awaken state then the awaken that was just killed.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2007-05-08 at 11:49.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:00   Link #64
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Anyway, I am happy to say..That after reading volume 10 of the manga, I at least can say, as a fact...that Youmas do..

Spoiler for About Youmas:
Old 2007-05-08, 16:08   Link #65
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Anyway, I am happy to say..That after reading volume 10 of the manga, I at least can say, as a fact...that Youmas do..

Awakened could be the exception, they were once human after all
Still, that is not outside the realm of possiblity.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:21   Link #66
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I don`t know about Awakened but I know about Youmas, when I read it I was like OMFG. Literaly, I mean what a trauma.

I don`t know about awakened behaviour, but I will have to say yes...
Old 2007-05-08, 16:21   Link #67
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

There is difference between Awakens and Yomas.

I haven't seen any evidence that Yomas sees humand as anything other then food.

As for Awaken's i will need to read it again in english before i say anything on the subject.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:21   Link #68
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I am not too sure though. Her mind doesn't even register young girls at all, I don't think these would explain it, because if these explanations were true, she would have to first see them, but apparently she doesn't even see them.

Actually she didn't say that they finished the mission, she said that their mission is to kill Galatea.

As for Priscilla, it's likely that she can see, smell, sense etc. little girls fine, it's just that her brain tells her that they aren't there. One of the color spreads for the anime in this month's chapter has Priscilla's relationship to Clare as "ignores" while Clare's relationship to her is "get revenge for Teresa."

Last edited by ickem; 2007-05-08 at 16:43.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:31   Link #69
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Awakened could be the exception, they were once human after all
Still, that is not outside the realm of possiblity.
Do we know that Yoma weren't once human? They might both have an origin in the Organization's experiments (I'm not sure if later chapters have said otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Hmm, I think it's impossible for her to actually not see them. Claymore may have supernatural physics, but it's incomprehensible to suppose that Priscilla's eyes are physiologically unable to see young girls. What trait could young girls have that prevent the eye from detecting them? Light is light, and the eye will catch it whether it's illuminating young girls or not.

Instead, the "inability" to see young girls can only be understood as relating to Priscilla's brain or mind. For young girls to seemingly "not be reflected in her eyes", part of Priscilla's mind/brain would have to shut down any reaction or response to the sight of a young girl. But why would her mind/brain do that? This is where my previous two possible explanations come into play.

Oh, also--a point following from the conclusion that the eye has no trait that can block out sight of a young girl. It is clear, then, that Priscilla's visual cortex processes the image of a young girl, and part of her mind recognizes the young girl as such. She can't selectively fail to see young girls unless part of her brain realizes that it's seeing a young girl, and that part prevents the rest of the brain from receiving the message. But what part of the brain does that? This returns to the previous explanations.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:42   Link #70
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:

If you're talking about the tale that Deneb told, I'm not sure if I would translate it as rape. It's more of "And she used her hands to cover her own mouth to keep silent and watched from under the bed as the youma abused and cut her sister's body to pieces." I guess you can get rape from that use of 乱暴, but from what we've seen it doesn't seem as if awakened ones really care about sex, they may rape as a way of tormenting they're victims, but there are other ways to do that. Also, if awakened one shares Riful's view of humans, it would actually be beastiality.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:47   Link #71
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Actually I ment that I would not be suprised if Awakened would rape someone, and that natural Yoma probably just see humans as prey and nothing more.
Old 2007-05-08, 17:01   Link #72
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Actually she didn't say that they finished the mission, she said that their mission is to kill Galatea.
Oh, kk. Cause from the translations I read, the last 2 komas say:

"We are lucky... for now our mission is accomplished..."
"We... got Galatea's head."

Maybe it was a mistranslation on the translator's part.
Old 2007-05-08, 17:16   Link #73
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Oh, kk. Cause from the translations I read, the last 2 komas say:

"We are lucky... for now our mission is accomplished..."
"We... got Galatea's head."

Maybe it was a mistranslation on the translator's part.
The last page of the chapter goes something like this:

Miata: Mama, mama, mama...
Claris: Fuu(sigh)...it's alright...I'm here...anyways let's go finish our mission. The two of are going to take Galatea's head.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't check the chapter before replying before.
Old 2007-05-08, 20:43   Link #74
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Now I kinda want to see what would happen if Riful and Maita were to meet.
Old 2007-05-08, 21:45   Link #75
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
The last page of the chapter goes something like this:

Miata: Mama, mama, mama...
Claris: Fuu(sigh)...it's alright...I'm here...anyways let's go finish our mission. The two of are going to take Galatea's head.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't check the chapter before replying before.
So...Galatea is alive doesn't she???

They killed the awaken, but they still on their mission to get galatea's head, right?

Really hope she is alive...
Old 2007-05-08, 23:51   Link #76
Radome

Spoiler for Question about Memorial:
Old 2007-05-09, 00:04   Link #77
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radome View Post
Spoiler for Question about Memorial:
form the organizations view point it doesn't matter who survive. Since any survivors are counted as traitors. As for why assume seven survivors, they sent 24 claymores north and there are 17 graves, 24-17 = 7 survivors.

As i said above it doesn't matter who survivors, all survivors will be treated equally.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:17   Link #78
Radome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
form the organizations view point it doesn't matter who survive. Since any survivors are counted as traitors. As for why assume seven survivors, they sent 24 claymores north and there are 17 graves, 24-17 = 7 survivors.

As i said above it doesn't matter who survivors, all survivors will be treated equally.
I know they would all be treated as traitors. What I'm asking is shouldn't they have been looking for 25 graves? As, like I said earlier, one of the 24 was a dual weilder.

Or are you saying that since there are only 24 Claymores, there should only be 24 graves, and the 25th sword was either tossed or buried with Undine or one of the other Claymores?
Old 2007-05-09, 00:31   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radome View Post
I know they would all be treated as traitors. What I'm asking is shouldn't they have been looking for 25 graves? As, like I said earlier, one of the 24 was a dual weilder.

Or are you saying that since there are only 24 Claymores, there should only be 24 graves, and the 25th sword was either tossed or buried with Undine or one of the other Claymores?
That or both swords put in a X type position. As it is all the swords are in singles.
Old 2007-05-09, 00:39   Link #80
Seska

For some info about Claymore's:

In the anime, someone said this: "We are a Youma body, with a Human head and Mind, after all". Don't know if it was in Theresa's arc or sooner.

And this rape thing... Do you really think they do it for fun? We seen only Riful trying it... And what kind of reaction, do you think, she is hoping? Yes, she want that her target awakens....

and if it happens in Clare's past. Then this is possible one condition that she was that strong, following Theresa and survived the fall from the cliff. How knows.... Don't drift into Hentai
Closed Thread