AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-07, 10:10   Link #21
LCeh

Yea, it's up to 116 now. English scanslations are up to 115 I think.
Old 2008-03-07, 10:13   Link #22
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Yea, it's up to 116 now. English scanslations are up to 115 I think.
Scanlation is on 105 chapters. =o
Old 2008-03-07, 10:28   Link #23
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Scanlation is on 105 chapters. =o
He meant including the 10 prologue chapters.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-03-07, 10:37   Link #24
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He meant including the 10 prologue chapters.
Ah kk ic. That makes a whole lot of sence.

I think H2 was an exception when it comes to pairings. In all his other works it's pretty clear and this one of them.
Old 2008-03-07, 11:24   Link #25
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Rotflmao. Cross Game is still scanslated at a decent pace? I totally thought otherwise, as the torrents stopped after a certain point. I really should check the scanslators main page and IRC chan once in a while, as now I have a lot of catching up to do. lol

Bah H2.
Spoiler for h2:

Of course, that isn't counting Cross Game, which the plot twist at the beginning alone is enough to catapult this into my favourite (and IMO best written) Adachi work.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-10, 12:16   Link #26
wuqing888

Quote:
I dunno, I think Azuma's not completely oblivious to the AobaKoh chemistry, which of course, doesn't stop him from making his own move.

I think he would kindly bow out when it comes to the time.
I think Azuma and Akane understands the relationship between Aoba and Koh better than aoba and koh does. but because both of them (aoba and koh) refuses to acknowledge it, it gives them(Azuma and Akane) a chance.

I was rereading chapters 105 to 115 and at chapter 114 Azuma says to Koh that Aoba isnt true to herself which can only refer to Aoba refusing to acknowledge her true feelings for Koh.

Also on chapter 115, Akane says to koh that "good you understand than" referring to koh understanding his feelings for aoba, after koh said that he hasnt been in the relationship for all this time for nothing.

sorry i dont know how to use spoiler so forgive me for spoiling if you feel that i ruin the story for you in some way.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:16   Link #27
LCeh

Chap 117:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-18, 22:35   Link #28
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Chapter 112 (( 122 )) despite being half-a-chapter recap was pretty nice.

"Those can still get married, right?" ROFL.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-04-18, 23:53   Link #29
LCeh

Quote:
"Those can still get married, right?" ROFL.
That's what Adachi does so well in his dialogues. Subtle, yet very humorous. He really has a way with lines.
Old 2008-04-19, 05:53   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
That's what Adachi does so well in his dialogues. Subtle, yet very humorous. He really has a way with lines.
Azuma being the one to say that makes it all the better. =D

I'm actually starting to think maybe AzumaxAoba isn't all that bad. :P

Old 2008-04-19, 12:24   Link #31
LCeh

Quote:
Azuma being the one to say that makes it all the better. =D

I'm actually starting to think maybe AzumaxAoba isn't all that bad. :P
I still root for KohxAoba, even though it's the usual path, but I just wish they would someday be able to reconcile. Not sure how Akane is gonna affect this though.
Old 2008-04-19, 12:27   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i would like a KohXAkane path, just for something that is not the usual.

Azuma and Aoba doesn't make a bad couple either.
Old 2008-05-15, 17:03   Link #33
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

just finished H2. adachi and katsura are my favorite mangakas ever, but... jesus, Adachi just fucked me up my ass. whether it's cliche or not, i want the main male and main female characters to end up together. and Hiro and Hikari WERE the main characters. they were the characters that were fleshed out the most. i don't know if he just wanted to try something else and changed the ending just before he got there or something. because in my decade of manga reading and anime watching, i do think i amassed the necessary experience to establish the billions of hints and shit that adachi threw in throughout the manga, that Hiro and Hikari were supposed to end up together.
i mean... mangakas will try to make the readers sympathize with the main characters. if the main character falls in love with someone, he/she will try to make you fall in love with that person too.
so when adachi tried his best to make us feel the full depth of love between Hiro and Hikari, only to have them not end up together, that's just... mean >.>; especially since Hideo and Haruka weren't really main characters. they might have been plot-wise, but not emotionally.

oh well. don't think i'll be able to sleep easy tonight :/
Old 2008-05-15, 23:48   Link #34
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I feel your pain. When I marathoned H2 in a single day. I had a hard time sleeping that night. I, too couldn't accept that pairing. It felt like Adachi was emotionally toying with me.

what I posted in the other thread about H2

Quote:
In the later part of the manga I thought the manager would end up with the other H in the end. The romance between them was just starting to click. Yet, Adachi never got thru with it. The romance aspect in H2 was the weakest I've read/seen so far. The romance development between the main guy and the child hood friend was very well developed, they were always seen together. Now that I think about it, I think the only time the other H and his girlfriend got alone together was usually during baseball practice and baseball matches.
Edit: I say weakest because Adachi never really developed Hideo and Hikari's relationship that much aside from being BF and GF at the start. Yet they ended up together.

I'm neutral in Cross Game's romance part. I wouldn't trust Adachi to stick with a pairing that is too obvious. I don't want to be emotionally wrecked again.

I get the shivers every time I remember about H2.
Old 2008-05-16, 02:51   Link #35
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

The thing about H2. I wouldn't care about the pairings they have in H2 with the proper development. Adachi on the other hand developed the Hiro and Hikari pair especially near the end(you know with Hikari's mom and all). Then it comes as a shock. If he gave the other pairs some development it would make sence, but he didn't. :| Oh well at this point. It would not be weird if Koh ended up with either of them, but still you'd expect he'll end up with Aoba since she's the most developed out of the two.
Old 2008-05-16, 06:46   Link #36
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

that's EXACTLY my point you guys understand my pain
even tho the 4 H's are the main characters, the only ones that are really fleshed out are Hiro and Hikaru. Hideo and Haruka are very shallow characters (well, almost as shallow as Noda).
heh, it's amazing how much impact a manga can have
i had a fever yesterday, and even though i was tired as hell, i accidentally opened my eyes 4 hours after i fell asleep, 1 image of H2 popped up into my mind, and i couldn't sleep anymore :')
Old 2008-05-16, 08:34   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I really like to think myself is that the anime is the true H2, even though it technically only went halfway. That way I can delude myself into thinking that the pairing I want is still viable and going to happen in the future. H2 Manga? What H2 manga?

And it shows that Adachi made a booboo in the romance department. The relationship between the two was seriously decimated in the live action adaptation, because it's obvious that if they kept it as is, the ending would be as serious a fail as it was in the manga IMO.

In all honesty though, I haven't been absolutely devastated by an ending as I was when I read H2, nor have I ever since. Which I guess is a good thing, as a full 30% of anime has the osana-najimi archetype losing lol.

That said, the baseball part of H2 was terrific IMO.

As for Cross Game, I'm remarkably neutral. On one hand Akane is basically Wakaba in another name, but Aoba really is the true childhood friend in that regard, and currently is his support. It's like Adachi split Hikari into two; her personality and appearance to Akane, and her status and development with Aoba. Of course if Wakaba was still around I'd be all over her, but alas...

Thing is though, I absolutely love the reverse harem Aoba cooked herself up with, something you really don't see in this genre. And the single-mindedness of her cousin is always a plus for me.

As for the latest chapter... wtf? Why is Akane trying to work at the cafe? Why not at her own home in the soba shop? Being both food places in the same general vicinity, they're basically competition. What would her parents say? It would be like Akaishi working part time at another beer store if there was one nearby.

Old 2008-05-16, 18:13   Link #38
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for the latest chapter... wtf? Why is Akane trying to work at the cafe? Why not at her own home in the soba shop? Being both food places in the same general vicinity, they're basically competition. What would her parents say? It would be like Akaishi working part time at another beer store if there was one nearby.
Spoiler for Chap 124:
Old 2008-05-17, 12:37   Link #39
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
124 :O A little development between Akane and Koh. I didn't even sense a bit of jealousy from Aoba.
Old 2008-05-18, 02:58   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

chap 124 - enter the love rival from Akane's side. I bet the stalker isn't really much of a stalker after all lol.

And I dunno, but Aoba is quite different from most heroines I've seen. As such, the way she would express her 'jealousy' might be different from others. Just a thought.

And in any case, her face in pg 16 looked a bit unhappy lol.

Closed Thread

Tags
mitsuru adachi, shounen