AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-25, 03:53   Link #1421
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The one we've been talking about in episode 37?
Yep. It's part of the tracklist.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 05:50   Link #1422
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Not bad. Though I would have more chanting than singing in that song.

Spoiler:
I am desperately hoping that they won't do that. That song does not fit the scene you mentioned, especially when you look at how it was portrayed in Z. Having it play during the fight after the afforementioned scene, on the other hand, would work perfectly.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:15   Link #1423
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep38:
Old 2009-12-27, 18:30   Link #1424
ChronoReverse

I liked it very much when Gohan was laying out a beatdown =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 18:57   Link #1425
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Great episode. A new piece of music was used at the very beginning of the episode when Krillin was being impaled, and it had the tone of despair which was very appropriate.

I'm really looking forward to seeing 3rd form Freeza next episode. A lot of people tend to hate that form because of how weird/ugly it looks, but I love it for that very reason and because of his calm and condescending demeanor. He just shows his opponents how inferior they really are in comparison to him, all while he's having the party of his life .
Old 2009-12-27, 19:03   Link #1426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing 3rd form Freeza next episode. A lot of people tend to hate that form because of how weird/ugly it looks, but I love it for that very reason and because of his calm and condescending demeanor. He just shows his opponents how inferior they really are in comparison to him, all while he's having the party of his life .
It's definitely the design where Akira went all out, and i like it for that reason, along with the one you pointed out. It'll be a treat to see, and hopefully more music will follow.

I seriously can't get enough of Kai. It's the dream show we've always wanted, and it's not disappointing in the least bit.
Old 2009-12-28, 00:37   Link #1427
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I seriously can't get enough of Kai. It's the dream show we've always wanted, and it's not disappointing in the least bit.
Yeah, I completely agree. It seems like something awesome happens in practically every episode. I mean, they won't let us go 10 minutes without someone getting punched in the face or blown up. What more can a DBZ fan ask for?

It's a little sad to think it's all gonna end so soon (wow, 38 episodes really flew by). Maybe I'd be up for another round with Cell and Buu after all.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 03:17   Link #1428
SamKajam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Yeah, I completely agree. It seems like something awesome happens in practically every episode. I mean, they won't let us go 10 minutes without someone getting punched in the face or blown up. What more can a DBZ fan ask for?

It's a little sad to think it's all gonna end so soon (wow, 38 episodes really flew by). Maybe I'd be up for another round with Cell and Buu after all.
I'll have to disagree slightly here. After re-watching some original episodes, I really do appreciate kai's pacing, but a lot of retouched scenes looks extremely cringe worthy (almost like a flash movie). I feel like they could have put a little more effort into the animation.

My perfect version would be:
- Funimation's remastered footage
- Kai's cuts and pacing
- Original Japanese (not kai) voice overs
- Bruce Falconer's score

never gonna happen though
SamKajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 04:23   Link #1429
Vicious108

Great episode indeed, my favorite part being Vegeta and Piccolo's little exchange. Those two are just too damn slick and seeing them duking it out as Piccolo had intended to do in case he beat Freeza would've been pretty cool.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:32   Link #1430
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow at that new piece of music at the start. The despair that accompanied that piece was really good. That piece could be perfect for
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-28, 09:55   Link #1431
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
It's definitely the design where Akira went all out, and i like it for that reason, along with the one you pointed out. It'll be a treat to see, and hopefully more music will follow.

Yeah in some ways you have to appreciate the design. Of course didn't like it much myself since it was just giving off the feeling of "oh god how many forms does this guy have?"

Yeah I'm really enjoying Kai so far. The pacing is nice and it's just been nice to rewatch the series to this point.
Old 2009-12-28, 16:37   Link #1432
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I love pissed off Gohan, I was really disappointed with the older gohan he was just way too goofy, the Gohan in the Cell Saga was the best, especially when he went batshit insane and wanted to make Cell suffer.

Vegeta and Gohan should go get their asses kicked so they can keep on getting healed, after about 5-6 ass kickings they should have a battle power higher than Freeza's.

Also they said Goku's recovery shouldnt take long but they were able to let vegeta take a nap, summon porunga, fight freeza's first form, krillin gets healed, then Dende and Piccolo was able to get to where they are. Shouldn't Goku be healed by now?

I really need to get my mind out the gutter but for some reason I couldnt help but lol when Freeza said "I wont be as gentle as I was in my last form" then he penetrated Krillin

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 18:14   Link #1433
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I love pissed off Gohan, I was really disappointed with the older gohan he was just way too goofy, the Gohan in the Cell Saga was the best, especially when he went batshit insane and wanted to make Cell suffer.

Vegeta and Gohan should go get their asses kicked so they can keep on getting healed, after about 5-6 ass kickings they should have a battle power higher than Freeza's.

Also they said Goku's recovery shouldnt take long but they were able to let vegeta take a nap, summon porunga, fight freeza's first form, krillin gets healed, then Dende and Piccolo was able to get to where they are. Shouldn't Goku be healed by now?

I really need to get my mind out the gutter but for some reason I couldnt help but lol when Freeza said "I wont be as gentle as I was in my last form" then he penetrated Krillin
about about gokus healing taking so long, something i really has'nt grasped even after seeing dbz and read it is the passing of time in the db universe... vegetas nap i believe was very short (like 3 minutes tops) and the porunga sequence about a minute or something, same with frieza 1st form. something i've learned is that battles in the dbz universe are very short ( i believe frieza - goku fight was something like 7 minutes).

as i said, i havent really grasped it yet, so i cant support what i say
Old 2009-12-31, 16:34   Link #1434
Magus

Send a message via ICQ to Magus
Is there gonna be Dragon Ball Kai this Sunday? There's no Naruto, Bleach, FMA, etc.. this week, so I'm skeptical.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 17:48   Link #1435
rpgman1

It could be possible since the other popular shows aren't going to air that day. No one is able to match Freeza's first transformation in terms of power levels, but it looks like Piccolo will be able to level the playing field in his favor.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 06:52   Link #1436
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_kai/index.html

Looks like we'll need to suppress our power levels. 39 airs on the 10th.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 07:25   Link #1437
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah as expected. I don't see why Kai would air when pretty much nothing is airing this week.
Old 2010-01-10, 01:32   Link #1438
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Episode 39 did a really good job with the Freeza/Piccolo fight, but I don't even think Nail was mentioned!

And coming up...
Spoiler for Kai 40:
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:50   Link #1439
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Episode 39 did a really good job with the Freeza/Piccolo fight, but I don't even think Nail was mentioned!

And coming up...
Spoiler for Kai 40:
Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 00:23   Link #1440
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

To be honest, the Piccolo vs Freeza fight was probably my least favorite matchup involving Freeza, so I'm glad to be breezing by it. Can't believe we'll finally arrive at the Final Stage next ep.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote