AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-07, 06:33   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah.. sounds decent enough. I like the author's previous works too. Now to find a scanlation, hmm..

Edit: Just read it. Awesomeness, so awesome. Its not a high caliber story or anything but its crazy funny and the characters are great. Yet again, another male lead we can all envy.

Why is it called Ane Doki though? Isn't ane sister and doki like a heartbeat? I guess she'll pose as his sister to his friends and all?

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-07-07 at 07:29.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:28   Link #42
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why is it called Ane Doki though? Isn't ane sister and doki like a heartbeat? I guess she'll pose as his sister to his friends and all?
It could be "Sister Throb", but my japanese is worst than my abilities to predict the weather
Old 2009-07-07, 12:46   Link #43
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Remember that though Ane can be translated as older sister, it's also a way to address a girl that's older than you in Japanese

either way, after reading it last night... this one is definitely a keeper (and now I have to finish off HL...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-07-07, 14:06   Link #44
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
It could be "Sister Throb", but my japanese is worst than my abilities to predict the weather
Okay. So its "Heartthrob Sister" basically. Alright. Sounds good to me.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2009-07-07, 17:53   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Ahh yes, another manga to satisfy my older sister fetish now if only another twin older sister joins in
I just hope it doesn't take long until we see her feet in action.

Fufufu~
Old 2009-07-07, 21:38   Link #46
Eak
One angry cloud.

I am to give this a try on the sole basis that Kawashita Mizuki's style is just so damn beautiful... quite jealous of her talent.

Story wise though... haven't read anything worth a while (Ichigo 100% being the best).. Hopefully this will be a step up from the one shots she's done.
Old 2009-07-07, 22:09   Link #47
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Remember that though Ane can be translated as older sister, it's also a way to address a girl that's older than you in Japanese

either way, after reading it last night... this one is definitely a keeper (and now I have to finish off HL...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Okay. So its "Heartthrob Sister" basically. Alright. Sounds good to me.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
"Ane Doki!"...

"Sister Throb!"...

"Heartthrob Sister"...

"Ane" can be used to address a girl older... well yeah, "Ane" is quite rude in terms of politeness, so I think it's the same as the English "Sis." Cue "Yo, ane-san!" as "Yo, sis!" in English.

So... "Heartthrob Sis!" anyone?

... wait why am I bothering about titles? Anyway since this is in a weekly Shonen Jump, yeah, releases will be like weekly. Can't wait for next release, hell yeah!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-07-08, 00:48   Link #48
Freeter
beyond

If chapter 2 looks good then I might post early spoiler pics when they drop.

(...or keep them all to myself )
Old 2009-07-08, 03:40   Link #49
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Be sure to insert an interesting caption for each one when you do.

also keeping them all to yourself is not a good thing to do, sir, it could warrant a bounty on you

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-07-08, 07:20   Link #50
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
"Ane Doki!"...

"Sister Throb!"...

"Heartthrob Sister"...

"Ane" can be used to address a girl older... well yeah, "Ane" is quite rude in terms of politeness, so I think it's the same as the English "Sis." Cue "Yo, ane-san!" as "Yo, sis!" in English.

So... "Heartthrob Sis!" anyone?

... wait why am I bothering about titles? Anyway since this is in a weekly Shonen Jump, yeah, releases will be like weekly. Can't wait for next release, hell yeah!
Okay.. "Heartthrob Sis!" makes more sense if you put it in that context. Either way, we get the idea, right? haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

And include spoiler tags if they are spoiler images. My innocent eyes can't take too many spoilers. X_X
Old 2009-07-09, 09:11   Link #51
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Looks promising although i can't really connect to the protagonist being just a 13 yearold brat. Also wondering if it'll turn out to be more of a romance com like the author's previous series or just comedy and ecchi.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:47   Link #52
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
perhaps expect all three?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-07-09, 09:53   Link #53
Xagzan

This is only my second ecchi series that I've ever read (after TLR), and I approve of what I've seen so far. Wish I had been that lucky when I was 13.

Anyone else think that Kouta has both the worst and the best father in the world at the same time? It was like "Oh hi son! I've gotta leave home all of a sudden and leave you with no supervision or way to provide for yourself bye!" That scene gave me a chuckle, such a piss poor dad. But also the best for being cool with some strange girl staying with his son.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:32   Link #54
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Dad - "I don't know who she is, but listen to what she says!"

parenting lol.

Man, wish my school life had gone more like this...
Old 2009-07-09, 15:44   Link #55
Eak
One angry cloud.

I think it is going to get waay more ecchi with the introduction of that girl who wants to be the only idol and will probably fall in love with Kouta.
Old 2009-07-09, 18:34   Link #56
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

She will want him and he will want the older girl. It should be entertaining.
Old 2009-07-09, 18:44   Link #57
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
I think it is going to get waay more ecchi with the introduction of that girl who wants to be the only idol and will probably fall in love with Kouta.
The little idol girl ending up with Kouta is the predictable outcome, but I really hope it doesn't happen. Either big sis Natsuki or a harem, nothing else.
Old 2009-07-09, 19:44   Link #58
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The little idol girl ending up with Kouta is the predictable outcome, but I really hope it doesn't happen. Either big sis Natsuki or a harem, nothing else.
the thing is that kouta is not especially interested on the little idol girl. Unlike other shows, where the guy already has a crush, kouta doesn't. He only saw her in trouble and come to help her. In this case the girl seems to want him just because he ignored her and because he has a hotter and older woman next to him, plus he saved her.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:06   Link #59
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Am I the only one getting the feeling that the older mature hottie is just using him? Like whats up with the maid uniform in chapter 2? part time job? and why did she decided too watch over him or stay at his house? Because she has no where else too stay?
Old 2009-07-09, 21:19   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the thing is that kouta is not especially interested on the little idol girl. Unlike other shows, where the guy already has a crush, kouta doesn't. He only saw her in trouble and come to help her. In this case the girl seems to want him just because he ignored her and because he has a hotter and older woman next to him, plus he saved her.
The best part is he saved her because of what Natsuki said. So I predict she will fall for Kouta but will inadvertently push him to another girl. Maybe? If the age difference wasn't so large I'd bet on it, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Am I the only one getting the feeling that the older mature hottie is just using him? Like whats up with the maid uniform in chapter 2? part time job? and why did she decided too watch over him or stay at his house? Because she has no where else too stay?
She may be using him, who knows. She may have no place to stay because of family and financial problems. Maid uniform? Pure fan service with some dumb reason behind it. haha.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen