Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-14, 14:46   Link #241
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is the G-Exes also using DODs rifle? Or some high-output shiz made by that old guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yep, certainly is. In the battle scenes of episode 10, you can see the twirling effect coming off Woolf's rifle whenever he fires. What I'm curious about is....why they don't look alike if they're made by the same machine. Is there something different in Woolf's rifle?
Its not called the DODS Rifle for one, its just casually called the Beam Rifle. Its likely not by the AGE-Builder otherwise it would look and likely named the same. Madonna likely just built it himself from the AGE-1.

I'm beginning to suspect that Madonna had some decent data for the AGE-1 at some point. I wont be surprised if Woolf transmitted it to him at some point. The G-Exes and the Gundam are so similar I find it hard to believe he did not have its schematics when he made the G-Exes. It would explain why the developement time is so short and the effectiveness is so high despite the extremely short development time (and yes this also takes into accoutnt he fact that its base machine is a Shaldoll, which doesnt move too shabby either)

Whatever the case, the G-Exes is not using the DODS Rifle, but the similar design and beam effect would suggests that they are related somehow. Madonna seems to have copied some stuff from the Gundam as well, won't be surprised if he did so for the rifle as we../

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
If the Anti-Unknown Enemy Group (AUEG) now has a capability to manufacture reverse-engineered DODS rifles, what are the chances of seeing DODS-class equiped Euba/Zalam units or atleast the Genoace in the later episodes?

Somebody please think of the pink Genoace.
It depends on a few factors like cost, and whether normal machines like Genoaces and Euba-Zalam machines can use it in normal situations effectively. Because there's always the possibility the regular machines output electricity from the powerplant just can't make a powerful enough beam to damage the UE even with a weapon in the right hands could (Genoace Custom was never seen to have seen to have shot the UE with the DODS directly, only a rock). I always suspected that most normal machines can't do it and produce effective beam because the Diva haven't bothered to make a DODS for either Genoace or the Genoace Custom. Hell, even today the Largan's Genoace appears sterile.

========================

AGE-2's transformation looks super cool from the HG boxart.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-12-14 at 23:32.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 00:25   Link #242
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless
G-Exes booklet:
http://i.imgur.com/t8EJi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jlXeG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wQ6C2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JkkGK.jpg

I'm under the impression it mentions Woolf provided the Gundam's data for the G-Exes' development, so I'd appreciate if someone double-checked that.
That Woolf providing Gundam data sure makes a lot of sense to em judging how the G-Exes seems to be engineered to be like the Gundam while holding a DODS-like rifle to boot. Would love it if someone could double check the instruction to affirm what Homeless says.
Old 2011-12-15, 01:22   Link #243
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Official lineart for the Gundam AGE-2 and Strider from Gundam.info:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 01:23   Link #244
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
question on ep 10, what happened to the Age-normal parts after the ejection for switching with for the Spallow/Sparrow parts? did they just leave it floating in space? or did the the other MS retrieve it? what happens if they used the same technique in terrain & atmospheric places?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 06:53   Link #245
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
question on ep 10, what happened to the Age-normal parts after the ejection for switching with for the Spallow/Sparrow parts? did they just leave it floating in space? or did the the other MS retrieve it? what happens if they used the same technique in terrain & atmospheric places?
They probably can't do that in colonies or on Earth, since the Gundam cannot fly
Old 2011-12-15, 08:01   Link #246
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
I would assume some MS will pick up the parts after the battle. Judging from Vargas's reaction, swapping parts in the mid of battlefield is not norm anyway. Maybe we can see from future generations that the parts swapping in mid battlefield is implemented effectively.

Speaking of the Wears, what do you guys think about potential AGE 2 Wear? It seems that the part swapping still involves legs and arms and those parts are crucial for its transformation. I think AGE 2's Wear will be focused on its MA mode. Through different parts, we may get to see different looking MA mode with different abilities. Obviously Normal's MA mode focus on high speed and long range travel, we can speculate that the next will be focused on heavy weapons. No idea on the third though, but if we go for the route as the third will be fast and melee such as the Spallow, we may have Arios's MA mode style?
Old 2011-12-15, 19:13   Link #247
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
No idea on the third though, but if we go for the route as the third will be fast and melee such as the Spallow, we may have Arios's MA mode style?
May be a Mobile Armor for the anti-ship fortress mode.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 00:04   Link #248
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Speaking of the Wears, what do you guys think about potential AGE 2 Wear? It seems that the part swapping still involves legs and arms and those parts are crucial for its transformation. I think AGE 2's Wear will be focused on its MA mode. Through different parts, we may get to see different looking MA mode with different abilities. Obviously Normal's MA mode focus on high speed and long range travel, we can speculate that the next will be focused on heavy weapons. No idea on the third though, but if we go for the route as the third will be fast and melee such as the Spallow, we may have Arios's MA mode style?
From the AGE-2 gunpla design, aside from the expected new shoulder attachments replacing the wings, the other two forms will likely feature an entirely different head and rifle.
Old 2011-12-16, 00:17   Link #249
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
May be a Mobile Armor for the anti-ship fortress mode.
Those would have to be some pretty big add ons for the AGE 2.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 03:19   Link #250
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
From the AGE-2 gunpla design, aside from the expected new shoulder attachments replacing the wings, the other two forms will likely feature an entirely different head and rifle.
Considering the almost complete lack of ranged weaponry from the AGE-1 variants, I certainly hope it does indeed have a rifle each.
Old 2011-12-16, 09:00   Link #251
casval cehack

Another thing, one of the next forms seems going to have red colored feet (from the unused gunpla pieces). Age-2 Titus?
Old 2011-12-16, 10:34   Link #252
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Maybe it'll get a new form for Earth? one suited for Aerial battle on earth and the basic one for space?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:18   Link #253
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Official lineart for the Gundam AGE-2 and Strider from Gundam.info:
Strider? Is that the official name for its MA mode, like the Zeta's Waverider mode?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 01:40   Link #254
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Strider? Is that the official name for its MA mode, like the Zeta's Waverider mode?
Apparently confirmed in this post.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-12-17, 02:01   Link #255
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
ストライダー > sutoraida > Strider
Old 2011-12-17, 02:04   Link #256
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Okay, thanks. Sounds pretty awesome.

Also - any idea what those parts that seem to wing forward in Strider mode on the AGE-2's skirts are? I was thinking they were guns like Freedom, but after a closer look they don't seem to do anything.
Old 2011-12-17, 02:06   Link #257
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Okay, thanks. Sounds pretty awesome.

Also - any idea what those parts that seem to wing forward in Strider mode on the AGE-2's skirts are? I was thinking they were guns like Freedom, but after a closer look they don't seem to do anything.
Just more fins for its flight mode.
Old 2011-12-17, 03:54   Link #258
bio9205
Reborn

Seems the AGE-2 can also store its beam rifle on its back skirt when it wants to use its beam sabers.
Old 2011-12-22, 02:31   Link #259
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
New scans on the AG and HG Adele

Anyone notice that the rear halves of the Genoace II and Adele rifles are nearly identical to the Dods Rifle's? Given that we know that the Dods Rifle is modular (its front barrel can be removed to form a beam pistol), maybe the 2nd Gen has the Dods rifle tech being commonplace?

Old 2011-12-22, 02:56   Link #260
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was drawn to the magazine on the Genoace II, I love magazines. I'm still disappointed in the design though. It's just the custom Genoace Woolf had in different colors. One thing I did take notice of with the Adele, is that it has shoulders similar to the Spallow.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote