AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-22, 06:02   Link #541
Jeff
Hi, my name is Jeff.

Wink Name these animes for me! Please! ;_;

Well, this is going back to when I was 3 or 4. So, we're talking 1988 or 1989. I live in the US. For some reason I'm thinking this might've been on the Disney channel though I'm not sure. It was dubbed in english of course. All I can remember is people were getting turned into mindless robot type beings for slave purposes (maybe?). I remember this girl finding her brother had been turned into one of them and I remember she was upset or crying or both perhaps. Now, that is the only evidence I have that being an anime. It might not even be one but from that desciption and what I remember, I have concluded that it very well might be. EDIT: The robot beings were blue colored I think? Also, the brother (before he was a robot) and possibly the sister had blonde colored hair.

This next anime (I know for sure it was anime or "Japanimation" as I called it back then after seeing Akira and some of Vampire Hunter D). I used to go to a cousins house and sleep there on weekends sometimes during family occations. I have come to a conclusion that what I saw on TV then was definitely a fansub. It was this late night show on Saturdays airing on a local access cable station (this is located on the Cape Cod region in Massachusetts, USA). I might've been 6-8 at the time though I don't know so we're talking 1990-1993 maybe or so. It was subtitled so that was another reason why I think it was a fansub, plus being broadcasted on such a small local tv station. I remember I couldn't keep up with the subtitles as I couldn't read well at that age. The only thing I remember was there was some gun fight action and some of it was taken place on a submarine. All I could think of was Soviet Russian submarines or something.

Well, I hope someone can at least identify the first anime. That would be awesome.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 13:11   Link #542
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori
Well, this is going back to when I was 3 or 4. So, we're talking 1988 or 1989. I live in the US. For some reason I'm thinking this might've been on the Disney channel though I'm not sure. It was dubbed in english of course. All I can remember is people were getting turned into mindless robot type beings for slave purposes (maybe?). I remember this girl finding her brother had been turned into one of them and I remember she was upset or crying or both perhaps. Now, that is the only evidence I have that being an anime. It might not even be one but from that desciption and what I remember, I have concluded that it very well might be. EDIT: The robot beings were blue colored I think? Also, the brother (before he was a robot) and possibly the sister had blonde colored hair.
That sounds a lot like Unico in the Island of Magic.
Old 2006-01-23, 16:06   Link #543
Maku

Question

I am looking for an old anime film I saw as a child - the problem is I do not remember the title of the film. I think the name was Flower Girl and was made I think in the 1980's, maybe 1970's.

Problem is I am not sure if thats the right name for it because when I look for it online on old anime series/film it doesn't seem to have existed. I can tell you what I barely remember after 15 years which might not be too helpful - sorry if it isn't.

It is located in the alps (sort of like Heidi) and the main character is a blonde hair girl (some age between 14-16) who likes to dance in flower fields (thus the posible title of flower girl). I think the introduction is the girl getting off at a station to visit her grandfather (the train station appears a few times). She has a dog (with hair over his eyes) and cat who both can talk to her.

A friend reminds me of the baddies of the film. A thin tall woman and a short fat man with an umbrealla, he opens the umbrella vertically hiding behind it and when he closes it he has different clothes on. I do not remember what else they did.
The only other thing I remember is the ending. She has a crush on some boy in the village who turns out to be a prince. The talking cat and dog are actually angels in disguise and whisk her away to marry the prince (either a church in the village or in heaven. She gets cold feet and runs away. I remember that none of the film made much sence and might have been a film from an old TV series.

If this rings a bell with anyone know knows the title please tell me, I'd like to find and watch it again. Many thanks.

Last edited by Maku; 2006-01-23 at 16:23.
Maku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 16:21   Link #544
Maku

[ignore this, double post as my internet is playing games and been annoying]
Maku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 16:29   Link #545
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku
If this rings a bell with anyone know knows the title please tell me, I'd like to find and watch it again. Many thanks.
Perhaps you are meaning this?

It quite matches your description.
If so then:

Hana no Ko LunLun - link for tv series

Konnichiwa Sakura no Sono: Hana no Ko Lunlun - link for the movie
Old 2006-01-24, 02:03   Link #546
Rion Steiner

Whats the name of this Anime?

Does anyone know what anime this is?

Spoiler:

I first found it in some music video and I got hocked up with it. The problem was I couldnt find out what anime is and its name.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-24 at 04:08. Reason: Threads merged. Please pay attention to the "sticky" threads before you post a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 02:07   Link #547
jedinat

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 02:44   Link #548
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Isn't that the incredibly violent blood-everywhere-with-sick-and-twisted-humour anime? Pretty sure it is...
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 02:48   Link #549
Morisato

AFAIK, that is one shitty anime.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 02:51   Link #550
kitsura
King of Brave

Its an OVA so you won't find it showing on TV. Might be a bit difficult to locate on torrent too.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 03:05   Link #551
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsura
Its an OVA so you won't find it showing on TV. Might be a bit difficult to locate on torrent too.
Eh? It's right here. Do you even go to the main site?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 20:07   Link #552
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
AFAIK, that is one shitty anime.
It isn't that "shitty"! It's pretty fun to watch when you're dead beat bored :P
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 05:32   Link #553
Bleach

cant recall anime name!!!!!!1

hello.. i remember watching an anime a long time ago and i cant remember the name now... it was a kungfu anime about a kid who dresses in red kungfu clothes and he goes to kungfu classes to protect his sister i think.. in 1 epiasode he was training close to an ocean and he was trying to break the moons reflection in the ocean. thats all i can remember .. any ideas???

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-25 at 05:41. Reason: Threads merged. Please read the "stickies" before you post a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 13:02   Link #554
Gaiarth

I've only read some of the manga, not seen the anime, but it sounds like Iron Fist Chinmi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=112
Gaiarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:03   Link #555
Bleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiarth
I've only read some of the manga, not seen the anime, but it sounds like Iron Fist Chinmi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=112

omg your good lol .. yup thats the one.. thankyou!!!!!
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:32   Link #556
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
I saw this a long time back, dubbed in VHS form from the library.

Please forgive the incoherency of my post, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it all together...

What I remember:
there's a bald guy with a long beard chasing ghosts (killing/ catching?)
-what i really remember about him, when he is fighting... someone, he comments on how he's bald because he doesn't want his hair getting in the way (paraphrase)
1.) human boy falls in love with a ghost in some city
2.) girl and ghost go through some place wqith massive hammers that put stamps on people's heads to make them forget who they are (reincarnation)
3.) boy and ghost try hard to avoid the hammers, boy loses sight of ghost
4.) boy goes to the place where girl is to be reincarnated, turns out the baby there is a boy
5.) Boy finds ghost by the lake, movie ends with him running down the shore, with girl following in the water

I'm sorry, but that's pretty much all that I remember. *shakes head* Thank you. *crosses fingers*
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:46   Link #557
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestuousfury
I saw this a long time back, dubbed in VHS form from the library.

Please forgive the incoherency of my post, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it all together...

What I remember:
there's a bald guy with a long beard chasing ghosts (killing/ catching?)
-what i really remember about him, when he is fighting... someone, he comments on how he's bald because he doesn't want his hair getting in the way (paraphrase)
1.) human boy falls in love with a ghost in some city
2.) girl and ghost go through some place wqith massive hammers that put stamps on people's heads to make them forget who they are (reincarnation)
3.) boy and ghost try hard to avoid the hammers, boy loses sight of ghost
4.) boy goes to the place where girl is to be reincarnated, turns out the baby there is a boy
5.) Boy finds ghost by the lake, movie ends with him running down the shore, with girl following in the water

I'm sorry, but that's pretty much all that I remember. *shakes head* Thank you. *crosses fingers*
It is undeniably Chinese Ghost Story. Everything you remembered is correct. I liked that movie a lot.

Incidently, this was based on a live action Hong Kong move of the same name. After that movie was successful, the director made an animated movie which has the same theme as the original, but almost nothing else in common. Both the live action and animated versions of this movie are amazing. Beautifully tragic and full of heartwrenching emotion. With a lot of cool action scenes too of course.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-26 at 07:57.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:55   Link #558
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
OMG! Thank You!!!!

Though I wanted to mention the Chinese aspect to it, but wasn't sure if that applied. Now to obtain that and to keep in mind the live action comment.

Now to hopefully view the heart-wrenching anime and add to my sad anime repertoire that is Air TV.

Thanks Again! *Roars his satisfaction*

*Angry Roar* AniDB people don't know how to rate things. 6.65!! *grr*
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 09:36   Link #559
orcit

Where is this pic from?

Was watching around in animesuki forums and i saw this avatar.
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/u...AVATAR-ffr.gif

What anime is it from?
orcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 10:00   Link #560
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Excel Saga, the episode where Excel switches bodies with Hyatt.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel