AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-25, 03:10   Link #41
Ratzenheich

Hi to everyone in AnimeSuki! I'm new here. Anyway, here are my thoughts on adding more things to the series and my general thought about FMA.

The Fullmetal Alchemist series is absolutely a masterpiece. I wouldn't wanna trim it down or add more to what it already present. I just hope the OVAs have no direct relation to the series or it may just close some loose ends in the plot.

I know it's so hard to say goodbye to Fullmetal Alchemist. The FMA movie DVD I ordered from Amazon arrived 2 days ago. I'm glad I was able to hold myself back from watching it even if it's been out for a while... I wanted to watch it on DVD and get the limited edition collectibles. I can't help but cry in the last 20 minutes of the movie wherein all the drama just explodes. And during the part where Ed says his last line "...This is where we live now" and the truck leaves and the camera goes up to look at the sky and we see a board in their house in Resembool with the pictures and I stared at it while "Lost Heaven" is playing... I just started to really explode in tears. I can't believe it's over.

I know many people like myself want to hear more of the story of the brothers. But I believe they shouldn't do it. The feelings are just mixed. The brothers are finally reunited and Al got his body back. But in turn they lose everyone else they know. It leaves a lasting impression on me with that ending.

I also watched the documentary of how the movie was made and during the last part of the documentary, the director Seija Mizushima said goodbye to that room where Fullmetal Alchemist the series was made and where all the stuff related belong. It's like saying goodbye to your best friend.

I believe it's best if they don't add more to the plot. The length is just perfect.
Old 2006-12-06, 16:02   Link #42
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
I'm going to have to disagree w/ you ratz. Compared to the FMA manga this series could have ended a lot better and satisfying. I remember when i watched the Kenshin OVA, that was a satisfying ending. I was sad to see it end but i was content w/ what i got. If the FMA can do the same, resolve everything, give them a happy ending, or the opposite....most important to me is a resolution. I love this series but giving fans false hope is just a cruel thing to do. Till this day I find myself reliving moments of FMA; SPOILER hughes funeral, master and student reunion, their return to thier home town after four years, and the list goes on.

like some people here, i was also not satisfied w/ the movie's ending, but atleast they gave us something.
Closed Thread