Old 2011-02-23, 07:07   Link #322
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for 7:
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 07:38   Link #323
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

This episode was slow, but I like it that was as if it would be all at once, it wouldn't be Kimi ni Todoke She is getting there....
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 11:21   Link #324
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And so Sawako finally realizes that to really "Reach Out" for someone, sometimes all you need to do is simply say it, and say it clearly, with no fear or hesitation. A simple gesture could mean a whole world of difference. All that remains is for her to do the same for a specific person.

As for the last moments of the preview... I am going rage hard if IG were to somehow suddenly screw up in episode 8. I'll take the rest if my fanraging to the manga thread.

Blog post... bah I'm sleepy I'll do it tomorrow.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 13:46   Link #325
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Poor Joe. It's a shame he doesn't know his character is only used to break up conversations.
I developed an unconditional reflex to headdesk whenever he enters the scene

Ah, I really liked ep. 7. The confrontations and the 'subtle' hints from everywhere. Really loved Ryu's line - calm and to the point like always.
The music in this episode was also pretty nice. Specially the violin parts. Fit the drama
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 13:50   Link #326
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 7 was another great one!
Old 2011-02-23, 14:12   Link #327
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

slow ep, but we're getting there. it'll make it that much more worthwhile.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 16:10   Link #328
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

This is taking far too much time and there are far too many misunderstandings...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 16:34   Link #329
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Eh. It'll be good for the little tit. Hopefully he'll learn from it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:44   Link #330
Cloud Sculptor
Red Mage Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post

This is taking far too much time and there are far too many misunderstandings...
I second this motion. Half the cast ended up saying the same thing to Sawako. She never understands what anyone means, ever.

Somehow, Pin has ended up being my favorite character. That's probably not a good thing.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:19   Link #331
Stefkov

It's great that I have such a terrible memory, even though I've read what's happened I don't remember it.
If I remember rightly, wasn't it all about Sawako expressing her feelings/saying out loud what she wants to say in the first season. Again she doesn't make her feelings clear which causes this misunderstanding between the two of them. Kent's interference didn't help much but I think of Kent's character as one brought in to finally get Sawako and Kazehaya to come to terms with and understand their feelings.

Though Ryu is definitely my favourite character in this show, along with Ayane and Pin. Pin always makes me laugh.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 21:46   Link #332
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 09:12   Link #333
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A Sense of Urgency.

It took yet more funky psychology from Pin to convince Shota that he’s taking the easy way out of his problems. At this point in the story I still really have no idea if Pin’s just being blunt with what he thinks, or behind the awesomely dickish attitude is someone who truly knows how to understand people. I’m guessing 50/50. In any case his words have again made Shota think twice about his decisions and his almost half-hearted approach to Sawako, considering how it always seems as if he’s being serious yet unable to actually go the distance when he needs to. What we have seen a lot of is Shota always being in the vague zone; always doing things that suggest his intentions, but never going all the way to make it clear. The fact that he acts like that to someone who just can’t really read people only compounds the issue.

Perhaps it does sort of show that he doesn’t really understand her, because if he did, he’d realize just how confusing he’s being. If you believe you really like the person, you either commit yourself or back off. There is no middle ground, especially with a girl like Sawako.

Sawako on the other hand is finally, albeit slowly, understanding the difference between being silent, and speaking your heart. It’s a cliche but it’s true. As a girl who’s lived in the shadows all her life, she has kept silent in just about everything, thinking that keeping quiet would help her get by even if she is unnoticed by everyone else. Her inability to really speak with others and tell them what she feels she needs to say is strong proof of how she’s developed the belief that everyone, even her friends, already have a final and preconceived notion about her that’s not likely to change. Living life under the presumptions of others, she thinks going with the flow is best because she won’t change their minds no matter what she feels.

It takes her friends and acquaintances again to make her realize that if she just spoke her mind, people’s feelings and attitudes will change. If she spoke what she really feels, she can also change the perceptions of others. If she could be straight and honest, then others will respond in kind. The people around her are not aliens or anything out to get her. They are also people, people who if you trust them, are willing to listen.
Old 2011-02-24, 09:25   Link #334
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!
The fruit of Valentine's day. BAD KURUMI BAD. KENT YOU ARE MAKING IT WORSE.

Everything would've been better if Sawako and Kazehaya were just left alone. Maybe something would've happened by now.

RAEG NO TODOKE.
Old 2011-02-26, 06:16   Link #335
GreatTeacherKen

I liked the death glare Yano gave Kent; scary Yano is scary!

I like the way the slap scene was handled; it was just as shocking and unexpected as it was in the manga.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 04:53   Link #336
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 8. God I how long have I waited to reach this part of the story. I ended up watching the Chinese subs.

Spoiler for Spoilers.:

Dammit IG. Perfect episode, perfect cliffhanger, but still so damn painful to have to wait another week to finally see it!
Old 2011-03-02, 06:26   Link #337
sheba021

Spoiler:
sheba021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 06:40   Link #338
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 8. God I how long have I waited to reach this part of the story. I ended up watching the Chinese subs.

Spoiler for Spoilers.:

Dammit IG. Perfect episode, perfect cliffhanger, but still so damn painful to have to wait another week to finally see it!
well more joy you get when you marathon this series again when it is finished I guess.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 14:03   Link #339
U<3Anime
Boo!

Really don't like how they stretched and left the episode with a cliffhanger. The build up to that scene was perfect......why? WHY GOD DAMNIT!?
Old 2011-03-02, 18:39   Link #340
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

As i hoped they made the cut between episodes 8 and 9 exactly like the manga did with the chapters. It may be a vicious cliffhanger but here I really think it's for the best.

I also again liked the anime original "filler" parts. Obviously they don't change anything plot wise but just add some more depth, which is great.

If there's anything the corresponding manga chapters are better at, it's the art of Sawako when she's is supposed to look gorgeous and in some panels she looks so much more gorgeous than the anime counterpart but that's probably due to the nature of an animated picture.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo