AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 6 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 7.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-23, 04:12   Link #101
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It also once again shows just how much Welkin is not even close to Faldio's league. He bests out Welkin in practically everything but the girl. And even so, the whole WelkinxAlicia development in the anime was very sloppy to begin with...
Old 2009-09-23, 04:29   Link #102
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It also once again shows just how much Welkin is not even close to Faldio's league. He bests out Welkin in practically everything but the girl. And even so, the whole WelkinxAlicia development in the anime was very sloppy to begin with...
Risking much not always means to be the best, although the results speaks for him. But this does not mean he is much more better than Welkin. Welkin has proven many times that his kind of methods also were effective.

And a point where Welkin bests Faldio is in how to lead a squad. Oh wait... Faldio has no Squad anymore.
Old 2009-09-23, 07:10   Link #103
Darknemo2000

It is not about risking. It is about abilities. Fabio already proved he can lead troops when the times are difficult, he can give speeches while Welkin usually just mops around about this and that, heck Welkin has no authority among his troops either as he is pretty powerless when they start acting silly.

You say Fabio does not have troops, then answer me would Welkin have his if he were to face Valkyrie without awaken one at his hand? Very unlikely.

To top all that Fabio is ten times better soldier than Welkin as well (Welkin cannot do all the stuff Fabio can, like driving and sniping at the same time).

A result - we have overpowered tragic super-hero Fabio and most of the time useless Welkin who does not look like a hero at all.
Old 2009-09-23, 07:42   Link #104
Father Hentai

Quote:
It is not about risking. It is about abilities. Fabio already proved he can lead troops when the times are difficult, he can give speeches while Welkin usually just mops around about this and that, heck Welkin has no authority among his troops either as he is pretty powerless when they start acting silly.
Which episode are you talking about? The first when he had to prove himself as a true squad leader? The episodes after the death of his sister? Or the brawl with the regulars?

Faldio only proved in most scenes that he is undergoing risks.

Welkin underwages the neccessity in every situation. If you ask me here. I prefer the last.

Quote:
You say Fabio does not have troops, then answer me would Welkin have his if he were to face Valkyrie without awaken one at his hand? Very unlikely.
Welkin also faced Selveria with his squad with the same tactics but with the difference that Welkin more focus on Selveria to not give her a chance to use her ability.

Quote:
To top all that Fabio is ten times better soldier than Welkin as well (Welkin cannot do all the stuff Fabio can, like driving and sniping at the same time).
This is a shit what the scripters wrote. Sniping and driving is possible but it is not working without having damaging his shoulders. Think about that we are talking about an old sniper rifle without a repulsion damp.

Also before forgetting to mention. Welkin is a tank commander while Faldio is only an infantery officer. There may be also a different in skills here but Welkin herefore shows that he is an allrounder also capable to lead troops without a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It took many Austrian monarchs and many Austrian armies to topple Prussia, but none succeeded. Until a nobody arrived at a certain beerhall...

Ah, the great irony of life.

- Tak
It took a bit more than a meeting in Höfbräuhaus... He came to power with the death of Reichspräsident von Hindenburg. Until then he was kept on bay.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-09-23 at 08:03.
Old 2009-09-23, 09:14   Link #105
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Which episode are you talking about? The first when he had to prove himself as a true squad leader? The episodes after the death of his sister? Or the brawl with the regulars?

Welkin underwages the neccessity in every situation. If you ask me here. I prefer the last.
Like in the village episode, while Welkin waited indecisively, Fabio took the charge and took the chance. People died but there would have been more causalities if they would have stayed with Welkin and his wussy way. I think you yourself argued for Fabio's decision back then.

He also has more authority than Welkin. Like when some of Welkins squad picked on Isara, Welkin did nothing, while Fabio took the matters in his own hands.

Quote:
This is a shit what the scripters wrote. Sniping and driving is possible but it is not working without having damaging his shoulders. Think about that we are talking about an old sniper rifle without a repulsion damp.
I never argued that it makes sense. It does not, but thats why Fabio is better than Welkin as he is superhuman, he can shoot old sniper rifle with one hand and without any damage to his shoulder. Thats superman, and mere human cannot match the superpowers of the Fabio.

It goes like this:

Valkyries>Fabio>Humans

Quote:
Also before forgetting to mention. Welkin is a tank commander while Faldio is only an infantery officer. There may be also a different in skills here but Welkin herefore shows that he is an allrounder also capable to lead troops without a tank.
Fabio may also be capable of commanding tanks. Heck he can do all that stuff during battles and even find out Valkyrie based on fairy-tales, it would not be surprising if he could do that as well.
Old 2009-09-23, 09:35   Link #106
Sassarai
Army of One

Welkin pre-love triangle was on the level or close to Fabio IMO - then he went full retard......you never go full retard...

"Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. Welkin went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went
full retard, went home empty handed... "

Quote:

It's not about the risks, it's about the results and Fabio proved time and time again he is right. He will go down in history books as the man that saved the entire world. Besides, the only high risk thing he did in the series was shooting Alicia. Other than that, most of his decisions were sound.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-23 at 14:06.
Old 2009-09-23, 10:19   Link #107
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Welkin pre-love triangle was on the level or close to Fabio IMO - then he went full retard......you never go full retard...
You are right, in the beginning Welkin looked like weird but genius commander, but then love-triangle started and it went down from weird to retarded, from genius to a wuss...
Old 2009-09-23, 10:46   Link #108
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Fabio may also be capable of commanding tanks. Heck he can do all that stuff during battles and even find out Valkyrie based on fairy-tales, it would not be surprising if he could do that as well.
Actually Faldio is a Tank Commander. The game even mentions what he does too when he's first introduced.
Old 2009-09-23, 22:36   Link #109
CheezeRaider

Quote:

"Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. Welkin went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went
full retard, went home empty handed... "
ROFLMAO. That was a bad ass movie LOL!

while I'm at it. I believe at the last moment Fabio'nator will wisk Alicia away at the very last moment leaving Wussy Welken to cry like a wimp that he is.
Old 2009-09-23, 23:35   Link #110
klare

its Faldio again! his shooting practice paid off

i think Alicia gets nuked to the sky and flied all the way back to save Squad 7

in such a critical time, where is the Squad 7 super tank?

my prediction for ending:
- Max failed and becomes insane
- nobody dies in Squad 7... again
- Faldio proposes to Cordelia and become the king
- Welkin and Alicia hold hand and retire to live as normal ppl by running a bakery shop
Old 2009-09-23, 23:55   Link #111
kalbron

I think it would be more fitting at this point for Fabio to win Alicia's heart and Welkin to die.

Sure that'd create continuity issues for if they ever decide to animate VC2, but hey, I'm betting that unless this studio agrees to animate VC2 for free that they'll never get the contract.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:12   Link #112
xKeen

I just finished this episode.Common sense to stuff in the anime aside,I enjoy every episode up till now.I don't get what is everyone so negative about? =/ I'm the only person who enjoy the whole series in here...?
Old 2009-09-24, 08:44   Link #113
jwai

It's hard to enjoy the series when the writers do so much to make people want to hate them.

Last edited by jwai; 2009-09-24 at 09:14.
Old 2009-09-24, 10:29   Link #114
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
I think it would be more fitting at this point for Fabio to win Alicia's heart and Welkin to die.

Sure that'd create continuity issues for if they ever decide to animate VC2, but hey, I'm betting that unless this studio agrees to animate VC2 for free that they'll never get the contract.
Hmm I have in mind that the best die young. So I guess Faldio will die.
Old 2009-09-24, 11:48   Link #115
KariOhki

Well...I guess compared to the game they messed up, but remember that so much has been changed up to this point, to go back to "true canon" it'd be messing up the "anime canon"...any touching scenes between Welkin and Alicia wouldn't fit because they haven't had a true confession yet, plus they were in the middle of a battle and pretty far apart until Alicia appeared to blast the Marmota.

I liked this episode because of the action. This series was lacking on action in battles, and this one delivered for once, even if it was stupid that they didn't have the tank with them.
Emile getting shot was a nice way of getting Aisha and Hans out of the battle, lol. I think Aisha's just the squad pet or something, she hasn't done anything.
Lazor neutralizes lazor, apparently. You'd think it'd just combine to make more lazor, but nope. Alicia blowing a hole in the Marmota with her Nakama Power ftw...and then she's captured. At least the guys have a reason to head inside other than "Kill Max"
Faldio out of nowhere~ OUR SAVIOR \o/! *cough* Yeah, and it's like him and Welkin are still buddies.

Next ep: Welkin better confess, and Faldio better kick the bucket. Max too.
Old 2009-09-24, 12:38   Link #116
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

After the last episode's dbz-epic battle I expected the worst from this episode and more or less it delivered on that expectation. Things that irked me: uninteresting intro, another BS 'I have something to protect' power-up to halt a powerful enemy, and Faldio sniping from a moving vehicle on off-road terrain while driving it.

Ways in which the anime can still redeem itself:
-Kill Faldio.
-Kill Faldio.
-Kill Faldio.
-Everyone dies (Faldio first!).
Old 2009-09-24, 14:39   Link #117
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I just finished this episode.Common sense to stuff in the anime aside,I enjoy every episode up till now.I don't get what is everyone so negative about? =/ I'm the only person who enjoy the whole series in here...?
You're not the only one out there, xKeen. I also think it's kinda stupid how people are bashing this adaptation so much when there's got to be a dozen others that have done worse.

Case in point: F-Zero. That one was HORRIBLE.

I say let the director take his liberties. Besides, what makes you guys think he was trying to please an overseas audience?
Old 2009-09-24, 15:01   Link #118
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
You're not the only one out there, xKeen. I also think it's kinda stupid how people are bashing this adaptation so much when there's got to be a dozen others that have done worse.

Case in point: F-Zero. That one was HORRIBLE.

I say let the director take his liberties. Besides, what makes you guys think he was trying to please an overseas audience?
Those bash this series/episode have their reasons. If you don't have the game, nor have the intention to buy it, then go youtube and then you understand why these (me including) complain so much now.
Old 2009-09-24, 15:49   Link #119
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"nobody dies in squad 7 ... again"
You almost forgot Isara
Well , hum , don't know what to thinks about this episode omg ... why the show seems promising in the beginning then become lazy and crappy in the end ???
Someone can tell me WHERE is the special tank ???
No comments for max ...
And AHAH , damn i always laugh when faldio save everyone ass ... shooting with a snipe while driving he's such a great soldier doesn't he ?

RIP for the guy .
Old 2009-09-24, 16:00   Link #120
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Well this is the anime thread so I don't really need to play the game since I'm not referring to the game Fabio From what I've heard the game Fabio is no where near as awesome and heroic.

Fabio will become a heroic spirit after he dies and his nickname will be Sniper!

I am the bone of my bullets,
Steel is my body and gun powder is my blood,
I have sniped over a 1000 enemies,
Shot Alicia to death,
and brought her back to life,
Yet these hands will never hold her,
So as I pray!
UNLIMITED BULLETS WORK!

Man...that's damn funny. +rep.(if I could...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Cordelia is a princess, Even if she want to trust Faldio and she know he was'nt serious, she must act as a princess.

Even if she try to avoid him to be executed, she can't just pardon him, free him restore his grade in the army.

What will think the member of the army will do if they see someone who try to kill the princess free and leader of a unity?

An attitude like this lead to rebellion and civil war.

This event remind me code geass: cool attitude, WTF, but very illogical and incoherent.
Because the princess saw through what Faldio is doing and played along with it. And later she tried everything she could to make Faldio avoid any kind of punishment.
You know if the very victim of the thing protests against punishment especially if she's quite high ranked it's not that surprising.

Quote:
But, It's not the only incoherence and plot hole in the anime, even for some who did'nt know the game :

Here are all the incoherence I notice since the first episode:

-Why nobody know who is Isara in the second episode. She live to Bhrul since she was kid, Most of the villager must to know her.
Good question. I bet may her existence kept in secret or something like that(or no logical explanation). But you're right. It's really nonsense.
Quote:
-Why Alicia is afraid to kill someone in the fifth episode, she participate to the battle of Vasel, she know what is war?
She knows, but I bet that was her first time killing somone out of cold blood. In other situation she just returned fire and killed the enemy by consequence. But a bit silly, I have to say.
Quote:
-Why Alicia just ignore grade and don't want to obey to Damon in this episode and refuse to obey to Welkin and Faldio in the Fifth and the sixth episodes?
In army it need to obey to orders.
Well, she's quite temperamental and strong-willed. So she did it without much thinking. But maybe I have to rewatch those scenes.
Quote:
-How the princess didn't lose her Wig during her kidnapping?
Plot-glue. Stronger than any real glue and guaranteed to stick things together.^^
If we're at it then how the hell Welkin managed to shoot the guy using Alicia as a hostage? Especially in a non-lethal way and on a moving vehicle? It happened at the very same episode.
Quote:
-Why did she her a wig under her hat?
To keep the illusion of her being a Valkyur to the watchers. The animators were lazy to animate her headpiece and else so they made her look more typical to cut at the animation costs. Mind it...many many worse things happened.
Quote:
-Why Faldio did'nt shoot the princess who is know as a descendant of the Valkyrur? She had Silver hair, her lineage must be more pure than the one of Alicia.
Probably because he's still a sane person. Shooting the queen? He's asking for death? Even if the queen forgives him and does everything to help him he can't avoid death penalty after that. Not to mention Faldio did it out of desperation and at that time Alicia was next to him...
Quote:
-Why nobody notice that Alicia have not returned from the faldio place when he shoot her?
I guesseveryone knew she's taking care of Faldio. And who knows when she comes back. So they guessed she stays a little bit more. Then they got informed about Alicia's injury.
Quote:
-Why nobody in the camp hear Faldio shooting Alicia?
Good question. I guess Faldio did something to smooth things out. Like he hid Alicia instantly and lied something about the gunfire. And then tells a tale about an imaginary sniper and an injured Alicia. It actually works with some luck and tricky mind.
Quote:
-How Faldio can cross a military camp with the princess as hostage? Nobody see him or try to shoot him?
No, because even if they shoot him if it doesn't cause absolutely instant death then the brain can send signals to pull the trigger. So in short even if they kill Faldio he still fires the gun. That's why hostage situations are still tricky even in the modern times.
Quote:
-Why Selveria who show Alicia many time before her fight didn't notice who she was? (She have'nt really changed)
Actually If I would've the chance see one of my old friends from kindergarten or elementary school I guess I wouldn't recognise them. It's the same with Selvaria.
Quote:
-Why nobody notice than the marmota approach Randgriz?
The biggest question of the show. Even if almost all of the military forces are stationed elsewhere there are still civillians. It's next to impossible to not notice it. Even Maximillian isn't as much of a genius to pull out something like that.
Quote:
-Why the unity didn't use the Edelweiss in the last battle?
To lessen the animation costs. Or maybe because the marmota's wide aray of weapons posing a way too much of a threat to it.
Quote:
-How Alicia have survived to the sacrifice of Selveria? the power destroyed Selveria, Alicia must be dead
I guess with some ragnite-enchanced barrier-like thing. Or Alicia had much more Reiatsu than Selvaria(just kidding).
Quote:
-How Alicia can counter the Lance fixed on the Marmota? It's many time more powerful than her lance and she is wounded
You know she's been enchanced with the Power of Love and the friendship of the 7th squad.
Or maybe she shot a much more concentrated beam while the marmota's lance is powerfull and devestating has it's energy spread in a wide area.

Anyways. It seems Faldio has some kind of special ability to steal Welkin's GAR powers. With his disapearance for a few episodes Welkin's GAR level has jumped quite a bit. He's much more confident and resembles the game version more. I hope he stays that way(or in an even better condition) in the last episode.

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-09-24 at 16:34.
Closed Thread