AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 22 13.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 8.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 11.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 23.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 16 9.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 8.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 8.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 20 11.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-09, 13:57   Link #21
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Candidate for worst adapted episode of this series.
It isn't without stiff competition though. For example, every other episode thus far!
Old 2009-12-09, 14:01   Link #22
Kitsu
The unlucky one

"We are humans" *smile*
o.O So bright.... Kanons smiling scares me xD

The Jessica phone scene was nice but..but where did the furniture fight go? Where, DEEN , where? And Goat-kun?? And the furniture link up? And the scene in whcih the siesta are beaten?

Shannon being shot was kinda a "Oh f*ck" scene but why is Kyrie phoning from the kitchen?
Oh god Congratulatiiooooons but where is Happy Maria? I mean I can understand that lyrics might not fit but the instrumental could have been used right?
Well anyway since a lot has been skipped, though it didn't feel rushed for me, I hope that the next two episodes will be great.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-12-09 at 14:12.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:07   Link #23
June 1983

I'm so sad about this. When even MarthX is disappointed you know it has to be really bad ...
Old 2009-12-09, 14:08   Link #24
Ttak

Expected a lot to be cut, and it didn't was a big surprise. My complaints here are from:
The not used red truth + blue truth
No george's corpse discovering
Almost no emotion

But at least, they are rushing it for a "good" episode 25 & 26. If they don't, everything DEEN did (rush) will be thrown away in the trash (only my opinion).

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-12-09, 14:09   Link #25
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I really liked the episode I must say.
They sped up the rather dragging finale of Episode 4 quite nicely (one can see it isn't my favourite Episode out there...it had great scenes, but the pacing and structure was killing me).
The fact that the goat-fight was missing was great for me, because I hated that part...okay so it's as biased as those people who loved it hating the anime for omitting it, but come on, it served no real purpose as far as we can tell.

In the end the only things I kind of missed was George getting killed again by Gaap (which could be a hint, as it may be false) and having Happy Maria as a theme during the phone-call...it was a bit anti-climactic without any music at all...

It was also a bit odd that some stuff wasn't said in red at all, if that's a clue or just time restraints...only time can tell.
Spoiler for Episode 4 difference:

But the Golden Land in the final scene looked beautiful and the point it ended was cool enough for me to like this episode. The direction was good, except a few flaws in character placement and missing emotions (looks at Ange).
And I'm more than happy that they take their time for what is to come, because it should be way more important than what was happening around this point of the story.

All in all...I'm still not done deciding what score to give...it was better than a 7 for me, yet the animation and music department lacked so much in some scenes that I loved that it's hard to give an 8...well, I'll just keep thinking a while
Old 2009-12-09, 14:26   Link #26
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Damn, can't find a raw...
Oh well. Time to continue Google search >
Also, I never saw the VN, so I have nothing to compare it to, and the stills look pretty good
Old 2009-12-09, 14:40   Link #27
ameskitty
Kupo

Spoiler for the episode lol:

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-09, 14:42   Link #28
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
I don't think it's fair at all to say it had no real purpose, especially when we don't know who the Goats are supposed to represent during the magical scenes (most likely Gohda though) and just removing it is stupid. They get out of jail, run through tunnels, get out and then randomly get sniped. THAT is terrible pacing, Episode 4 had perfectly fine pacing but this was terrible, even without BroGoat the fact that they screwed up Battlers denial scene makes this episode terrible.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:43   Link #29
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Ugh. I hope that you guys are wrong about this one. The material covered by this episode contains most of the high points of the arc and some major, major plot points as well. If had been done well it would probably be more momentous than ep. 18 and serve as a bigger climax to the season than what follows.

And, seriously, no red text on the sin? The flag battle I knew was going, I finished mourning it long ago. But, like, isn't this a massive clue? Heck, doesn't she use the red after Battler quite plausibly accuses her of not telling the whole truth? Don't we need it confirmed? I don't know, maybe DEEN's budget ran out of red crayon or something.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:45   Link #30
mizou
Observer

I give this episode a 9
it was very very entertaining to watch !
it lacks some red .. sure but I'm very optimistic for the 2 next episodes
loved " gapgapgapgap !! ''
Old 2009-12-09, 14:53   Link #31
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
I don't think it's fair at all to say it had no real purpose, especially when we don't know who the Goats are supposed to represent during the magical scenes (most likely Gohda though) and just removing it is stupid. They get out of jail, run through tunnels, get out and then randomly get sniped. THAT is terrible pacing, Episode 4 had perfectly fine pacing but this was terrible, even without BroGoat the fact that they screwed up Battlers denial scene makes this episode terrible.
Yeah, they could've at least showed the Siestas saying "You're gonna die"...or even just showed the golden arrows . This and them not showing Kanon's blade until after the bars were cut showed that their special effects department must've got lazy XD.

But if they had tried to smash in any of the battles they would've been kind of like "Punch! You're dead! Arrows are blocked! Let's go" and they would've been really lame.

I don't know, it's disappointing that they're not there, but I would rather have that than them being butchered and lame :/.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-12-09, 14:53   Link #32
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
Ugh. I hope that you guys are wrong about this one. The material covered by this episode contains most of the high points of the arc and some major, major plot points as well. If had been done well it would probably be more momentous than ep. 18 and serve as a bigger climax to the season than what follows.

And, seriously, no red text on the sin? The flag battle I knew was going, I finished mourning it long ago. But, like, isn't this a massive clue? Heck, doesn't she use the red after Battler quite plausibly accuses her of not telling the whole truth? Don't we need it confirmed? I don't know, maybe DEEN's budget ran out of red crayon or something.
You can hate to admit it or not but...we don't know what is important and what is unimportant yet. As long as Ryukishi really does have an eye on how they are structuring the episodes all is good and well, if not we may run into some massive fail, but still...we don't know.
We neither know what Goats are supposed to be, or if they have any purpose except being magical cannonfodder at all...everybody can argue that DEENs portrayal works against his/her own interpretation or theory, but if it is harmfull to the mystery nobody except Ryukishi himself might know.

Also
Quote:
THAT is terrible pacing, Episode 4 had perfectly fine pacing but this was terrible,
might be true for you, but for me this part of the VN crawled like a sick snail on valium...somehow it was lacking any real effect for me at all.
That IS subjective, of course....but it shows that different people regard different things as important and as long as we don't have rock solid proof that important stuff was omitted it is all subjective.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:59   Link #33
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
I'll definitely vote for 23.
Will still have to see this one though.

Oh and 1.
Old 2009-12-09, 15:01   Link #34
bigemperor

well finally i see the raw

episode lack any kind of emotion and A HORRIBLE adaptation, i don't know why i continue to see the anime.
Old 2009-12-09, 15:04   Link #35
Used Can

Hmm... I thought the episode was mediocre at best. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. As expected, they cut the scene with Goat-kun. Sure, it served no big purpose, but it was a very fun scene. And I'm not the kind of person that thinks of Umineko as serious business. So, I was quite disappointed, although I already saw this coming.

George and Jessica's fights were there, but they were overtly boring. Punch punch, kick kick... The lack of proper BGM and good lines made those scenes, which were very entertaining in the VN, almost completely lacklustre in the anime, which is sad, considering those scenes should have looked better in the anime, but alas.

It was nice to hear Beatrice's Engrish. Anyhow, Battler's and Beatrice's meeting was rushed as hell. The first part was okay, until they got to the part where Battler's sin confession was supposed to go, but... All the same, I guess it should have been expected DEEN would rush that, considering the anime never tells us about Battler's issues with his family. Beato didn't look particularly composed and dignified either, as she was supposed to be in this scene. I also sort of wanted her to throw away her umbrella. I wouldn't know, that seemed quite meaningful in the VN. Well, too bad, I guess.

Then there's the part with Battler getting erased. Once again, lack of proper BGM usage to deliver the proper mood. But, this has been an issue throughout the entire anime; so, I guess it's useless to complain. Anyway, Ange was kept there for some reason. And, it seemed as if she couldn't care less. Well, not really, but she looked far too relaxed. I missed Beatrice's usage of the Blue Truth, but well... I should really stop expecting things (more like, I should have done that 10 episodes ago).

Finally, the scene in the Golden Land with Beatrice and Maria. Well, nothing was supposed to happen there, and it did look nice.

Personal Score: 5
Old 2009-12-09, 15:04   Link #36
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Spoiler for EP 4 - VN:

The episode was entertaining to me, which means it did its job. I feel it's an 7/10 right now; the lack of emotion in a few key scenes really bothered me (although one particular scene does give me something to think about). I may end up liking it more or less once the subs are out and I can understand what exactly is being said.

And, yeah, we really can't claim to know what scenes are "important" or not as long as we don't know what's really going on. It'll be interesting to see how well the changes and cuts in the anime hold up once the final VNs are out.
Old 2009-12-09, 15:05   Link #37
vdaysnowstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
well finally i see the raw

episode lack any kind of emotion and A HORRIBLE adaptation, i don't know why i continue to see the anime.
Where did you find it? I've been looking all over.
Old 2009-12-09, 15:05   Link #38
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Not sure about the worst adapted, but this is definietly the worst episode of the 4th arc animated.
Old 2009-12-09, 15:06   Link #39
Geekodot

Quote:
HELL YEAH! This is the only episode to disappoint me like this... Everything I was looking forward to was cut. I did like some parts though, but the cuts just hurt too much.

I will refrain from voting because I don't want to give it 1/10 and overlook the few things I liked because they cut my favorite parts... I would probably give it about 4/5, but if I try to vote, I know my rage is going to select 1/10...

And why is there no revolt? I seriously feel like kicking the teeth in on the guys who made this crappy episode...
Old 2009-12-09, 15:30   Link #40
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Pros: gaapu-gaapu-gaapu-gaapu-gaapu-gaapu-gaapu, gaapu's face.

Cons: Everything else.

2/10

QQ