AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 13:04   Link #1
cohen

Cardfight!! Vanguard

This series will premier on TV Aichi in January, and there is a ton of major studios working on it. For one, Bushiroad is supplying the work for it, and Yugioh R manga artist is providing the designs. I suggest you check out the website for a ton of info on it.

http://cf-vanguard.com/

Last edited by cohen; 2010-12-22 at 13:27.
cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:13   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen View Post
This series will premier on TV Ashai in January, and there is a ton of major studios working on it. For one, Bushiroad is supplying the work for it, and Yugioh R manga artist is providing the designs. I suggest you check out the website for a ton of info on it.

http://cf-vanguard.com/
The anime will premiere on TV Aichi, not TV Asahi. Please edit the name of the channel when it gets premiered.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:30   Link #3
cohen

I knew it was one of those channels. Card packs will be 150 yen for 5 cards, just like Yugioh packs. Structure decks will be 1050 yen. A box of 20 packs will be 3000 yen. Just like the popular Yugioh OCG. Now, I don't think Wizards has bought rights to the card game yet, so we'll have to wait for that. Same goes for dubbing, Viz Media and 4kids haven't jumped an inch yet. But, from what is happening in Japan with this, it should be quite big. In fact, Yugioh is ending 5Ds in March to compete with it with a new series, Zexal.

I am pretty sure someone at Janime will have subbed up, so no need to worry.
Old 2010-12-22, 15:22   Link #4
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Are the rules similar to Yugioh's?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:25   Link #5
cohen

No idea, the game hasn't been released yet. The video seems to suggest closer to Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZLhdd_2Hg
Old 2010-12-22, 15:57   Link #6
roriconfan
Banned

Hm, the video shows each player can have up to three monsters on the field and that on each attack you draw life cards or counter cards which can alter the outcome.
Old 2010-12-22, 18:54   Link #7
RelaxRelapse
0.o

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it can match the popularity Yugioh had.
RelaxRelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 19:12   Link #8
Tsukie
~degeso!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxRelapse View Post
It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it can match the popularity Yugioh had.
I agree... I'm not sure that it would be as popular. Yugioh has been around for a long time, and people are pretty familiar with it. If they were going to pick up a card game, seems like they would just go for Yugioh. Plus the name doesn't sound as catchy if you're talking about it, but that's a pretty petty reason. Though in the end, I suppose anything is possible. Maybe this will be a surprise hit.
Tsukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 19:16   Link #9
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

Although anything is possible, I don't bet this could ever match Yu-Gi-Oh. Much less, surpass it. :P
Old 2010-12-22, 21:58   Link #10
cohen

Well, in Japan, Duel Masters did better than Yugioh, but once it hit the international stage, it slumped. Japan is a weird place, we will see where this goes. If it does well, it could see its way into the hands of 4kids.

It is shaping up to be a hit, the Jam Project did the opening.
Old 2010-12-22, 22:08   Link #11
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

It may become a hit, but for those who were into Yu-Gi-Oh and still are, some might not even give it a chance because they'll see it as a knock off. That seems to happen with a lot of shows that have to do with games, unfortunately, they fall into YGO's shadow. While some succeed, others just fall flat. I'm not saying I don't hope for the shows success, I'm just saying that Yu-Gi-Oh was and is so huge, that it'll be more than tough to compete with it for a new show.

Guess we'll see how it goes then, right? ^^"
Old 2010-12-22, 22:23   Link #12
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amutox89 View Post
It may become a hit, but for those who were into Yu-Gi-Oh and still are, some might not even give it a chance because they'll see it as a knock off. That seems to happen with a lot of shows that have to do with games, unfortunately, they fall into YGO's shadow. While some succeed, others just fall flat. I'm not saying I don't hope for the shows success, I'm just saying that Yu-Gi-Oh was and is so huge, that it'll be more than tough to compete with it for a new show.

Guess we'll see how it goes then, right? ^^"
That isn't true at Janime. Some are very upset with Zexal simply because the main character isn't a 16-18 year old. So Vangaurd, with the same age kid, draws their attention. I am going to check it out simply because so many at janime want to. I think it will do well in Japan, but never as well as Yugioh internationally.
Old 2010-12-22, 22:28   Link #13
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

It probably will do well in Japan, I was thinking on a more international basis ^^"
Old 2010-12-22, 22:36   Link #14
cohen

With merch anime, it all depends on how well it does first to see if it has a chance worldwide. Companies aren't going to take chances on anime if it doesn't do well in Japan first.
Old 2010-12-23, 08:06   Link #15
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen View Post
Well, in Japan, Duel Masters did better than Yugioh, but once it hit the international stage, it slumped. Japan is a weird place, we will see where this goes. If it does well, it could see its way into the hands of 4kids.

It is shaping up to be a hit, the Jam Project did the opening.
Duel Masters felt a lot like Magic the Gathering. Plus, the anime sucked. People were accustomed to play western type Magic and Eastern type Yugioh and this one just felt pointless to be there.
Old 2010-12-23, 08:48   Link #16
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Duel Masters felt a lot like Magic the Gathering. Plus, the anime sucked. People were accustomed to play western type Magic and Eastern type Yugioh and this one just felt pointless to be there.
The Vanguard card game is headed by one of the best MTG players in Japan as well as the Duel Master designer. So it will be an even mix.
Old 2010-12-23, 12:54   Link #17
roriconfan
Banned

Here is a thought. Why would the established fans of Yugioh turn to Vanguard? Why would anyone new to the field?

Listen what, from the video it looks like you can only summon up to three monsters and three traps. Any rookie would think that Yugioh is better for allowing more, plus already has a huge collection of cards behind it for variety.
Old 2010-12-23, 13:35   Link #18
cohen

I have only one idea, they are upset with Zexal. And for reason fond a show with a protagonist that is even younger more interesting, even though it will most likely be dead on arrival in America.

Eh, it has a chance, but nowhere near as good as Zexal has.
Old 2011-01-03, 02:35   Link #19
OkamiNoKaze

Anyone see or hear if anyone is going to sub this anime? The Fan sub wiki hasn't listed anything yet
Old 2011-01-03, 09:13   Link #20
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Anyone see or hear if anyone is going to sub this anime? The Fan sub wiki hasn't listed anything yet
I am sure someone over at Janime will do that honors.

Tags
card game, cardfight vanguard