AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-16, 14:59   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Cecilia

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Cecilia related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Infinite Stratos fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-01-16, 19:27   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Reminds me of Tessa... Of course, a lot of similarities... Mainly her voice actor.
I think it has been a while since I heard Yukana with this type of voice.

As for the character herself... Probably on the lower end right now. Talk about stereotypical... Not that her character design is bad, but definitely prefer the others more. Although, her weird arm shaking in episode 1 was funny.
And now she has already joined the protagonist's harem because he beat her. Bah, girls fall too easily for guys in harems...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-01-16, 19:35   Link #3
Belgaesh

I hope that in the next episode the reason for that she fell in love with Ichika is explained.
Old 2011-01-16, 22:01   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And now she has already joined the protagonist's harem because he beat her. Bah, girls fall too easily for guys in harems...
Blame the anime, not the girls. Of course I suspect they will explain in the next ep, but they shouldn't leave a hint that can make people misunderstand the situation like that. All the girls have their reason to fall in love with Ichika.
Old 2011-01-16, 22:10   Link #5
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Bah, girls fall too easily for guys in harems...
Guys in harems have extra pheromones in their bodies.
I liked her desu wa~ and princess attitude. Yukana is a major plus for me, as I liked Tessa's voice so much.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:33   Link #6
Sixth
Hu Tao

Cecillia is my favorite girl in IS series. Second would be that Chinese Girl.

It is shame that she going to fall in love with the protagonist in next episode.

But then, who can blame her...when she and other girls do not have many opportunity to expose to other males. Also, in harem genre series, except the main protagonist, most of male characters have to be pathetic. Or else, the main protagonist would not be amazing or unique.
Old 2011-01-16, 23:49   Link #7
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

It is shame that she going to fall in love with the protagonist in next episode.

But then, who can blame her...when she and other girls do not have many opportunity to expose to other males. Also, in harem genre series, except the main protagonist, most of male characters have to be pathetic. Or else, the main protagonist would not be amazing or unique.
I actually remember a fic I written based on her want for a strong man in her life. Oh I love crossovers.
Old 2011-01-17, 00:32   Link #8
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

My fav pimp of harems aint pathetic

Spoiler for touma:

(lets not get into talking about him in this thread, this is just to point him out)
Old 2011-01-17, 00:58   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
All the girls have their reason to fall in love with Ichika.
Well, there is always, always a reason for stuff. Whether it is satisfactory is a different story though.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-01-17, 01:29   Link #10
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Well, there is always, always a reason for stuff. Whether it is satisfactory is a different story though.
To me, it's either reasonable or no reason at all, so I hope you get what I mean.
Old 2011-01-17, 01:31   Link #11
kramerica

I always fall for the ojou-sama types. That or the "O HO HO HO" and I have no idea why. I'm just hoping the anime will cover the stuff in the LN cause from what I've seen there's good stuff there for every girl, including Cecilia.

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2011-01-17, 02:14   Link #12
dark998

My favorite of the two intro heroines. Her IS is great too (long range spam FTW)

She is bound to lose spotlight soon (as soon as episode 3) but that's natural, the popularity matter will be balanced when the harem is complete.

Really eager to see her attitude towards Ichika after their duel. Will be more tsun? Or more dere?

Oh, another thing: Her voice made the ED 1000 times better.
Old 2011-01-17, 09:26   Link #13
Belgaesh

Her seiyuu Yukana, is doing a great job, what is mading the ED a lot better.
Old 2011-01-17, 11:35   Link #14
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I hope that in the next episode the reason for that she fell in love with Ichika is explained.
When it comes to strong women you have to beat them at their own game to gain them. Especially the proud ones like her. She won on a technicality but the fact is that if he had another second or 2 she would have definitely lost and she knew that. Then there was also her realization that Ichika was holding his own against her with an IS that was still in it's default mode against her fully functioning customized IS.

Quote:
She's not gonna fall for him next episode... she fell for him THIS episode. lol
Old 2011-01-17, 17:30   Link #15
zibi88

well the reason why she fell in love was mostly becouse she saw that he was stronger... and she would fall in love only to the strong ones...

she even spoiled the reason herself... becouse 90% of the fight Ichika was fighting her experianced/upgraded customized IS with a standard... maybe similar to training IS ^^ not mention he was on a huge disadventage becouse he was a close range fighter while she was useing long ranged weapons.... normaly close range would lose instantly to long range.... yet ichika was able to hold ground and even was able to get close to her and swing his sword (she was able to evade it)

only few sec before the shields run down... Ichika's IS finaly get to his orginal form and become his IS.... yet his shields were more than 50% down....and yet 1-2sec more and he would be able to defeat her....

she knows that if he was fighting in his orginal form from the very beggining and not like at the very end while wasteing more than 50% shields on his default level... he would be able to win at the very beggining of the fight ^^

anyway I wonder how she would react if she heared that it was Ichika's 2nd time he even entered a IS suit :P (first at the entrance exam... 2nd now).... and so he was on pair with representative level ^^

so its the usuall... fall for the strong one ^^
Old 2011-01-17, 17:36   Link #16
Asuras
Dictadere~!

The essence of many mammalian attractions.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:45   Link #17
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well the reason why she fell in love was mostly becouse she saw that he was stronger... and she would fall in love only to the strong ones...

she even spoiled the reason herself... becouse 90% of the fight Ichika was fighting her experianced/upgraded customized IS with a standard... maybe similar to training IS ^^ not mention he was on a huge disadventage becouse he was a close range fighter while she was useing long ranged weapons.... normaly close range would lose instantly to long range.... yet ichika was able to hold ground and even was able to get close to her and swing his sword (she was able to evade it)

only few sec before the shields run down... Ichika's IS finaly get to his orginal form and become his IS.... yet his shields were more than 50% down....and yet 1-2sec more and he would be able to defeat her....

she knows that if he was fighting in his orginal form from the very beggining and not like at the very end while wasteing more than 50% shields on his default level... he would be able to win at the very beggining of the fight ^^

anyway I wonder how she would react if she heared that it was Ichika's 2nd time he even entered a IS suit :P (first at the entrance exam... 2nd now).... and so he was on pair with representative level ^^

I think the same, but I don't know why the last frase in bold made me remenber of cavemens.
Old 2011-01-17, 18:38   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Initial impression was I like Houki's character design better, altho I do love this classic ojou-sama look, I got a real soft spot for it.

Yukana is probably the biggest draw for Cecilia atm, god I love Yukana <3

But Cecilia as a character I do love, as cliche as she may be I think they have done a quality job in protraying her.

Mugi-chan from K-On is still my favorite ojou-sama of all time but Cecilia comes damn close.

OH HOHOHOHOHO~
Old 2011-01-17, 20:23   Link #19
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Initial impression was I like Houki's character design better, altho I do love this classic ojou-sama look, I got a real soft spot for it.

Yukana is probably the biggest draw for Cecilia atm, god I love Yukana <3

But Cecilia as a character I do love, as cliche as she may be I think they have done a quality job in protraying her.

Mugi-chan from K-On is still my favorite ojou-sama of all time but Cecilia comes damn close.

OH HOHOHOHOHO~
Stupid sexy Yukana voice.

*Imagines a certain scene from novels*

I've always liked ojou-samas so it's no surprise I'm not hating Cecilia. Even though I felt her reason for going all dere felt a BIT out of nowhere. I take this is because they couldn't fit everything in. But I guess we'll know more later on.
Old 2011-01-17, 22:26   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Yep, the usual indeed. ^^;

Closed Thread

Tags
characters